will ferrell SUCKS!!!

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited August 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
he is the absolute worst, i remember seeing him on SNL and thinking "this is one SNL guy who won't ever be in movies"

i can't believe he is now the number one comedian around...he is so totally unfunny in my opinion, he reminds me of Bob Saget

my friend and i seem to be the only people on the planet who think he sucks....when i tell people i think he sucks, they are shocked and horrified, as if i just cursed their mother or something

Old School had to be the most hyped up movie i've ever heard about...i watched it, didn't crack a smile once...ditto for anything else i've seen him in

Anchorman? i couldn't get past the first 15 minutes....."I like scotch. scotch, scotch, scotch"......UGH.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

edit - for the sake of comparison, here's what i consider funny:

Seinfeld (but it got AWFUL the last 2 seasons, once Larry David left)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (but i think its starting to get old too)
The Office (this is Steve Carell being funny! he is terrible in Anchorman, along with everyone else)
Borat (never laughed so hard in my life the first time, but not the kind of movie you can watch over and over)
Dumb and Dumber
The Big Lebowski
Dave Chappelle
Chris Rock standup
and i wanna hate Seth Rogen, but he has really won me over
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yea I agree with you for the most part but I did think he was very funny in Old School, but that's about it.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    He's overrated, but he makes me laugh. I think he's better as a supporting actor rather than carrying flicks.
  • he's funny.. but stupid funny ... he was great in 'OLD SCHOOL' ....FRANK THE TANK!!
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    He's overrated, but he makes me laugh. I think he's better as a supporting actor rather than carrying flicks.

yep....anchorman, talledega etc are horrible movies but will is still a funny guy
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    the only movie i ever liked him in was old school
    every other one isnt funny, but just really annoying
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    cutback wrote:
    yep....anchorman, talledega etc are horrible movies but will is still a funny guy
    I still think his best role was in Wedding Crashers. lol.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    and just what exactly is wrong with Bob Saget?
    Im not talking about AFHV bob saget either. His stand up is quite entertaining and funny.

As far as Will Ferrell goes... who cares if nobody but u doesn't like him? lol Feel special bro! :)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

yea....although i loved him in "elf"
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    there must be something terribly wrong with me then, cause i think the guy is hilarious. Anchorman is a classic. and i think he was one of the funnier guys on SNL. i mean, he's not funny all the time, but who is?
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    there must be something terribly wrong with me then, cause i think the guy is hilarious. Anchorman is a classic. and i think he was one of the funnier guys on SNL. i mean, he's not funny all the time, but who is?
    to each his own...you are in the majority, i am the "crazy" one here
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    i don't think he's HILARIOUS!! but he is kinda funny. he is definitely overrated, in my opinion.
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569

Ditto.

MA the MEATLOAF!!

His role in Zoolander was pretty cool as well that film is pure awesomeness.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • You are all fucking nuts. Granted, his movies of late have been sub par an/or terrible (haven't seen Step Brothers)... but Old School? Anchorman? C'mon people. Anchorman is my favorite movie of his by far.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
    6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    Isn't every charter he plays essentially the same character??
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    You are all totally nuts! He is awesome!
    Okay some rolls are a lot alike but he is funny as hell.
    His roll in Anchor Man, Old School etc are fucking classic!
    You people need to adjust your funny meter.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    What would happen if the original poster were forced to watch the remake of Bewitched starring Will Ferrell? Would he have a seizure?
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    What would happen if the original poster were forced to watch the remake of Bewitched starring Will Ferrell? Would he have a seizure?
    i assume i'd fall asleep 5 minutes into it...
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Some of his movies lately have sucked and he has played the same character etc... but these movies are classic:

Night at the Roxbury, Old School, Elf, Anchorman, and Step Brothers:D
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    You liked Night At The Roxbury? That's not going to help. You'll laugh at anything then.

I would think most people can find a good laugh in Will's performances in:
    Old School
    Anchorman
    Blades of Glory
    (I'm hoping Semi-Pro is good too_
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    DocChicago wrote:
    You liked Night At The Roxbury? That's not going to help. You'll laugh at anything then.

Old School
    Anchorman
    Blades of Glory

hehe.. yeah I like that movie. It grew on me:o

I don't laugh at all his movies though. I thought Semi Pro sucked.. you should see Step Brothers instead.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    he is the absolute worst, i remember seeing him on SNL and thinking "this is one SNL guy who won't ever be in movies"

i can't believe he is now the number one comedian around...he is so totally unfunny in my opinion, he reminds me of Bob Saget

my friend and i seem to be the only people on the planet who think he sucks....when i tell people i think he sucks, they are shocked and horrified, as if i just cursed their mother or something

Old School had to be the most hyped up movie i've ever heard about...i watched it, didn't crack a smile once...ditto for anything else i've seen him in

Anchorman? i couldn't get past the first 15 minutes....."I like scotch. scotch, scotch, scotch"......UGH.

wow it must be a dane cook fan, i'd kill myself if i didnt like will ferrell
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    you are wrote:
    i don't think he's HILARIOUS!! but he is kinda funny. he is definitely overrated, in my opinion.
    overrated ? wow
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    i'd kill myself if i didnt like will ferrell
    that deserves a response, but i don't really know how to respond to that...
    DocChicago wrote:

Old School
    Anchorman
    Blades of Glory
    roxbury is a classic.

anyone who, well i cant say thinks, but seems to not like it can go fuck themselves
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    overrated without a doubt.

but old school was gold.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    StuffnJunk wrote:

edit - for the sake of comparison, here's what i consider funny:

Seinfeld (but it got AWFUL the last 2 seasons, once Larry David left)
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (but i think its starting to get old too)
    The Office (this is Steve Carell being funny! he is terrible in Anchorman, along with everyone else)
    Borat (never laughed so hard in my life the first time, but not the kind of movie you can watch over and over)
    Dumb and Dumber
    The Big Lebowski
    Dave Chappelle
    Chris Rock standup
    and i wanna hate Seth Rogen, but he has really won me over

From what you do consider funny, I am right there with ya. We have similar tastes in comedy.

Except when it comes to Will, in which case, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.