This board sucks...

Comments

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    I still hate the gloomy dark border on each side of the page.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    as soon as everyone from the old board gets over here this will be much better.

I like this one better as it is.
  • its gotten worse since the recent changes... i liked being able to refer back to other posts as i was posting my comment... all this new shit is waaaay too complex... i asked for emoticons and i get 50... its nice to have the option of changing font color and all that without the code though... the quotes look sloppy and so does the main page layout... there just isnt enough differentiation between things... dont mean to be super critical but they seemed to take some of our suggestions to heart after the first new board so i want to make my voice heard... not feel this one as much as the previous one and definitely not as much as the original message pit... simplicity is good IMO

and where did the post count start counting from? im not complaining about losing posts since im sure we all did but it seems odd... glad thats back though!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    its gotten worse since the recent changes... i liked being able to refer back to other posts as i was posting my comment... all this new shit is waaaay too complex... i asked for emoticons and i get 50... its nice to have the option of changing font color and all that without the code though... the quotes look sloppy and so does the main page layout... there just isnt enough differentiation between things... dont mean to be super critical but they seemed to take some of our suggestions to heart after the first new board so i want to make my voice heard... not feel this one as much as the previous one and definitely not as much as the original message pit... simplicity is good IMO

and where did the post count start counting from? im not complaining about losing posts since im sure we all did but it seems odd... glad thats back though!

i don't think it's gotten worse at all... it's much improved from the first version

i do agree that the simplicity of the old pit is preferably... and the coloring here takes time to get used to

but

the other posts are below when you're replying and you can scroll through them ... there's even a Topic Review shortcut to the right of the message entry box

and i only see 24 Smilies? not 50?

and who really cares about post counts?
  • Much improved from the first iteration.
    I could not log on from a home computer the other night however, but I have no trouble on the lap top I use during the day.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    This sucks! It looks gloomy and out of date. The design is too obvious and it crashes in my Safari. Should keep the old one. That's where I'm going now until it closes.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    it's going to be tougher to be on this board during work! the old board looks like one of my work applications, so it looked like i was doing work and not on the pit all day.

can't get away with this one :geek:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    It's definitely harder on the eyes - as in very busy.

And why is Font colour spelled with a u? :D I guess PJ outsourced overseas, eh?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    It's definitely harder on the eyes - as in very busy.

And why is Font colour spelled with a u? :D I guess PJ outsourced overseas, eh?

that one really bugs me ;)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited January 2009
    Well I can barely read what I write here. My second post and I am not happy about it :(
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I'm getting used to this new board, but I miss being able to put my mouse over the thread title and read the beginning of the thread without having to click on it.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I'm getting used to this new board, but I miss being able to put my mouse over the thread title and read the beginning of the thread without having to click on it.
    I agree, I hope that is part of the site that is still being worked on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • This may be my one and only post here because it really sucks this bad. The original forum was so great and now this shit!! My profile is all screwed up, I hate the layout of this thing. The people at Pearl Jam should have just left the old forum how it is!!!
  • I'm getting used to this new board, but I miss being able to put my mouse over the thread title and read the beginning of the thread without having to click on it.
    I agree, I hope that is part of the site that is still being worked on

my assumptions

this is a whole new type of forum - behind the scenes

so far they've been tweaking the display aspects and features

but something like the mouse over isn't possible on this "type" of forum - phpBB3

and they're not spending money on developing a forum... just in getting it up and running.. using a new product
  • dustdust Posts: 133
    I'm all confused about where I'm supposed to lurk :roll:

This is a test run to see if I can actually post....just in case i ever need to in an emergency or somethin
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,949
    These smilies blow!! :evil: :oops: :o :(

only this one... :mrgreen: ....is even halfway OK.

gotta admit, I guess, that the little buttons may make life easier :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    These smilies blow!! :evil: :oops: :o :(

only this one... :mrgreen: ....is even halfway OK.

gotta admit, I guess, that the little buttons may make life easier :D

at least they're unlimited again....no more of 5 per post bs :ugeek:
    norm wrote:

at least they're unlimited again....no more of 5 per post bs :ugeek:

like all you can eat at IHOP!!!! :lol:

BTW, I don't find these smilies very representative of what they're supposed to convey. I miss : eek : :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • i do think blow when i see this smiley - :o

i do agree there ;)
  • Hi Lynn!! Good to see you here. Ryan Gosling?? Huh??
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Hi Lynn!! Good to see you here. Ryan Gosling?? Huh??

Yes, it looks like he is here, lol...
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    not harsh on the eyes, but still, it's too 'busy' and hard to follow

thumbs down for now!
    wah
    Is it just me, or is the "new posts" button broken? :(

I'll expect a response sometime in the next couple of days! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I'm new, therefore, have no basis for comparison, so I'm just trying to make due.
    But after reading all the complaints, I have to assume that the old board must have been the most amazing message board in the history of the internet!!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • milarso wrote:
    I'm new, therefore, have no basis for comparison, so I'm just trying to make due.
    But after reading all the complaints, I have to assume that the old board must have been the most amazing message board in the history of the internet!!

it was.
  • I agree with the consensus this new format isn't to great and there isn't quite as much activity as on the old one. I don't like my generic KC19738364 (or whatever the hell it is) name either cause i can't seem to use to the old name I used in the pit cause the email wasn't the same as my 10c membership one. I guess we just need to give it some time.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Meh.. I'm getting used to it. I'm too stuck to the Riot Act skin.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Come on people, let's add some life to this place :mrgreen: We just need everyone to come over here.. Sure it's not exactly the same as the old pit, but what made that a great place were the people that are there for the last time today...

Change happens whether we like it or not. Let's make the best of it :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    milarso wrote:
    it wasnt amazing but it was something we all called home
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Sorry. The Jeagler just has to call it like he sees it...
    holy shit!! I agree with you! :o:o:o:o:o:o;)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
This discussion has been closed.