YES! finally.....life is GOOD!

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Sounds like you had a great start. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    bostonlou wrote:
    d2d

you ever had a post with less that 50 words?

;)

yes. :)

wolfbear wrote:
    Sounds like you had a great start. :)

YES! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Great news there lady!!! So happy for YOU!

I need a change....I will always work for hubby a day or two a week, but I need something of my own now that the boys are growing up. I want to work at a veterinarians office. I'm going to put an application in at a new office just minutes from my house. I took Petey to the vet on Friday, and he was fantastic, so I'm switching for good, his practice will be growing....can't hurt to ask for a part time fill in position!

Have a wonderful week!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    UPDATE!
    things are going REALLY well!
    still haven't done any actual 'work'....hahaha......well just a tiny bit. however, lots of training, online tutorials, learning about the firm, etc, etc. my 'coach' took me out for a lovely 1.5 hour lunch today :cool:.....really getting a better feel for the culture of the place, the day-to-day....and a grip on what to expect. my coach is REALLY pleased with my progress, so that's a definite big plus, be nice to have positive feedback from the get-go. the weirdest thing for me thus far...it's so fucking quiet! haha! i've NEVER worked in an office environment before, it's so hush-hush....definitely takes some adjusting. however, lovin' my own little cube....my view....acclimating to my commute, enjoying my half hour walk to/from the office to the train.....going great!

AND...i got my first paycheck.....:D :D:D
    so yes, life is GOOD!

pjaddict...that sounds AWESOME! go for it! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Glad to hear things are well. I have been shite at keeping in touch with you :o Hard to believe this time last year we were gearing up for our big Italia trip. I would love to do it all again. :D Thanks for the invite I will try to get down to see you before I leave the east coast I have a lot going on and undecided on keeping/selling my car so lots to do. Looking forward to the change. You keep well.
    Glad to hear things are well. I have been shite at keeping in touch with you Hard to believe this time last year we were gearing up for our big Italia trip. I would love to do it all again. Thanks for the invite I will try to get down to see you before I leave the east coast I have a lot going on and undecided on keeping/selling my car so lots to do. Looking forward to the change. You keep well.

hey, no worries...we're the same that way. ;) no harm, no foul...i know ya love me. :D and of course, vice versa. you be well too....and absolutely! you are ALWAYS welcome!

and....thanks....i AM VERY happy as of late, life seems to be on a major upswing...so i'll just ride the wave where it takes me!
    :cool:

:mad: EXCEPT for these fucking emoticon limits! GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR. i *always* have to edit them out of a quote...or *limit* myself, and yes....i am just no good at self-restraint. ;)

anyhooooo....keep on keeping on becks! all WILL be GREAT as long as you follow your own desires!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    UPDATE!
    the weirdest thing for me thus far...it's so fucking quiet! haha! i've NEVER worked in an office environment before, it's so hush-hush....

That was the weirdest thing for me when I began my first office job, as well! I was coming from retail, which is an extremely social environment (which is one of the major perks of retail)...so the first few days in an insanely quiet office completely freaked me out! :) I got used to it pretty quickly. After a while, I really appreciated the quiet.

Reading about your excitement for starting this new job is making me a little eager to get back into the daily grind... But then I look at my daughter's face and I just don't know what to do! I'm very torn...

I am glad you are having a good time!!!! :)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    coach? what, did you join the giants front office?....;) :p

good to hear you're liking the new job....:D
    cutback wrote:
    coach? what, did you join the giants front office?....;) :p

good to hear you're liking the new job....:D

hahahaha....oh my, don't even get me started! there's a whole 'coaching mentality' in place....quite official and big.....and sure, i try to see it in a positive light b/c sure....i'm new. :D

thanks!

brainofj.lo...check your PMs. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    awesome on things going so well chica! wooohoooo :D
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Happy for ya!!

You walk ½ hour each way? I should do that!!!! I could probably get to work in that amount of time but we are just so used to driving EVERYWHERE in California. I will just have to push myself to do it after thinking about it for years! You just don’t see many women walking around here in a skirt & tennies very often so do i want to stick out like a sore thumb?:)

Congrats again! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Just reading this now, very happy for you! Now that you are in the city, we'll have to meet after work sometime for drinks/dinner. Unfortunately, I can't make any of the next few group gatherings.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'm so glad you're liking it! I've worked in an office my whole life, and it's never been totally quiet. I'm guessing once you get to know everyone it will liven up. lol Keep us updated please. I love hearing the news. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • 1.5 months in.....and i REALLY like my new job! it really appeals to a whole other side of me. well, something i always embraced, but was never the *focus* of my work...it's ALL organization. and seriously...i will never tire of staring out at the chrysler building...and i truly like my firm culture. sure, some things really bug me such as the styrofoam cups! :( however, the good FAr outweighs the bad....and they treat their people OH SOOOO WELL! this was my first *crunch time*...and i got a fantastic dinner of my choice every night...there's always bagels, dinners, pizzas fridays, coffees, etc....time and a half....and a car service home, not too shabby! plus, it was busy, busy, busy.....EVERYone is encouraged to share/make suggestions/collaborate....i am really liking it! :)

and yes liz...i really do walk a 1/2 hour each way, although if i walk REALLY fast, i can make it in 20. i don't wear sneakers, i just wear flat shoes....and it's NYC, so sneakers or shoes...loads of women do so. i LOVE working in manhattan! years ago i did, and i started college in the village too....and i just so love the vibe! i love my walk too.....just so nice! thus far, i am VERY happy!

and HELL YES jenn...totally up for dinner/drinks!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• 1.5 months in.....and i REALLY like my new job! it really appeals to a whole other side of me. well, something i always embraced, but was never the *focus* of my work...it's ALL organization. and seriously...i will never tire of staring out at the chrysler building...and i truly like my firm culture. sure, some things really bug me such as the styrofoam cups! :( however, the good FAr outweighs the bad....and they treat their people OH SOOOO WELL! this was my first *crunch time*...and i got a fantastic dinner of my choice every night...there's always bagels, dinners, pizzas fridays, coffees, etc....time and a half....and a car service home, not too shabby! plus, it was busy, busy, busy.....EVERYone is encouraged to share/make suggestions/collaborate....i am really liking it! :)

and yes liz...i really do walk a 1/2 hour each way, although if i walk REALLY fast, i can make it in 20. i don't wear sneakers, i just wear flat shoes....and it's NYC, so sneakers or shoes...loads of women do so. i LOVE working in manhattan! years ago i did, and i started college in the village too....and i just so love the vibe! i love my walk too.....just so nice! thus far, i am VERY happy!

that's great to hear. you should take some photos of the cityscape with the fall coming up.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • I'm so glad you are enjoying your job!

It seems like far too often, people don't like their jobs...and I think 40+ hours a week is too much time to spend doing something you don't like!! :)

ahhhh the chrysler building....LOVE that one. art deco orgasm for the eyes, ahhh!

congratulations on the job working out so well, sounds fantastic....good onya! :)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    1.5 months in.....and i REALLY like my new job! it really appeals to a whole other side of me. well, something i always embraced, but was never the *focus* of my work...it's ALL organization. and seriously...i will never tire of staring out at the chrysler building...and i truly like my firm culture. sure, some things really bug me such as the styrofoam cups! :( however, the good FAr outweighs the bad....and they treat their people OH SOOOO WELL! this was my first *crunch time*...and i got a fantastic dinner of my choice every night...there's always bagels, dinners, pizzas fridays, coffees, etc....time and a half....and a car service home, not too shabby! plus, it was busy, busy, busy.....EVERYone is encouraged to share/make suggestions/collaborate....i am really liking it! :)

damn i wished i enjoyed working like that......good for you...:D....and i'm with chiqui....love looking at the art deco all day....definite plus....:)
  • I'm so glad you are enjoying your job!

It seems like far too often, people don't like their jobs...and I think 40+ hours a week is too much time to spend doing something you don't like!!

thanks!

it's funny really, b/c 6 months ago if ANYone told me i'd be working where i am, doing what i do...i would've laughed, b/c i'd never have imagined it. :p so yea, i really believe in serendipity...it just all happened, took the chance...and thus far, so far...so good! i am very happy, and well compensated....and really enjoying it all! and i agree...if you cannot enjoy, r at least find some degree of contentment/satisfaction...then indeed, it will only be a misery...and i could never handle that. so as ever, i count myself as fortunate. :)
    that's great to hear. you should take some photos of the cityscape with the fall coming up.

oh you KNOW i will! i am thinking of keeping my small little camera with me as i walk to/from work. i wish i had it with me last night as work as i worked late...eating dinner in my cube...looking out at the chrsler building in the night, all lit up, thinking...tourists would KILL to eat dinner looking at my view, and i was having a lovely grilled salmon steak with peppercorns and asparagus, courtesy of the firm.....so yea.........:p

i definitely plan on taking lots of pics as i can, and now that i get a monthly train pass...once it cools off some, i plan on heading into the city more often on the weekends, and yes...another perk....free admission for me and guest whenever to MoMA! :D *bliss!* definitely plan on cashing in on THAt often!

here's a couple snapshots of my view taken my 2nd or 3rd week on the job:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/fluorescentsinsky.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/inmycube.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/myview.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/myview2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/myview3.jpg

ahhhh the chrysler building....LOVE that one. art deco orgasm for the eyes, ahhh!

congratulations on the job working out so well, sounds fantastic....good onya!

gracias chica!
    cmon back to NYC...i'll take ya to MoMA! ;) haha.

btw - jams, if you see this...the 'gorge collage' you made us...i have that on a shelf in my cube....and it's GREAT to look at all the time.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Those pics are great!!! I miss great city views... :) You're so lucky!!!

Some of the attorneys at my old firm had incredible views of Lake Michigan. My own view wasn't so great, but I spent a lot of time on the firm floors, and I would always take the long way and peak through their office doors at their views. :) They probably thought I was stealing glances at them... :o:D
  • Those pics are great!!! I miss great city views... You're so lucky!!!

Some of the attorneys at my old firm had incredible views of Lake Michigan. My own view wasn't so great, but I spent a lot of time on the firm floors, and I would always take the long way and peak through their office doors at their views. They probably thought I was stealing glances at them...

hahahahahahahahaha.....suuuurrrrre. ;) i bet you were. :p

seriously, i was just talking about it with my husband over dinner. for the work i do, i MUST have a window wall, b/c i need that large expanse of counter/shelving for laying out/organizing large jobs...so 75% of the cubes wouldn't work. it just so happens that we luck out getting the chrysler building view, but i think it IS b/c we are considered 'permanent' employees...not so transitional, so we get a great view. besides, close to lots of the amenities, a lot that we need to be, and central for others to reach us...so all win-win. also, being in a high-volume/high-profit subdivision of the firm, we get one of the highest floors....only 3 down from our upper-most level...so yea, it's sweet! i think being the *visual* person i am...and sure, it being new for me too...i help those around me look outside and appreciate the architecture, the sky, the beauty! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• gracias chica!
    cmon back to NYC...i'll take ya to MoMA! ;) haha.
    hell yeah, i'd love that! :) i love manhattan, great energy
  • hahahahahahahahaha.....suuuurrrrre. ;) i bet you were. :p

Ok, well...there was this one really handsome one. :o He used to play football for Northwestern, and he was a hottie. :D
  • hell yeah, i'd love that! :) i love manhattan, great energy

it really DOES just have a GREAT buzz, doesn't it? seriously...i have visited a LOT of cities in my lifetime....lived in a couple...and love many, but i have yet to find one match that hard to define *buzz* that manhattan has, and i just adore it! i really think it simply has something to do with all the *energy*...the people....just living, going about their life....and sure, all thos fantastic buildings and parks...and art...and just *everything*...right there!

seriously...you do make it out...MoMA it is...and sure, id'e ven show you the cool places on the island, there's lots. if you like of course. :p hahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• it really DOES just have a GREAT buzz, doesn't it? seriously...i have visited a LOT of cities in my lifetime....lived in a couple...and love many, but i have yet to find one match that hard to define *buzz* that manhattan has, and i just adore it! i really think it simply has something to do with all the *energy*...the people....just living, going about their life....and sure, all thos fantastic buildings and parks...and art...and just *everything*...right there!

seriously...you do make it out...MoMA it is...and sure, id'e ven show you the cool places on the island, there's lots. if you like of course. :p hahaha.
    buzz is a great way to put it, and like this low rolling hum that flows thru the asphalt. i've always enjoyed being there every time i've been!

and to share some artwork with someone who loves it as much, awesome! i've been to the island once before, it's very green and lush, i liked it!
  • Ok, well...there was this one really handsome one. He used to play football for Northwestern, and he was a hottie.

fuck.
    seriously, for whatever reason...in our group...we have a lot of foreigners. well, the entire firm does - when i went for trainign, there were people from ALL over...b/c it's international, and they do lots of interim placements from 3 months up to 2 years....etc. anyhoo, for whatever reason we have a LOT of germans in our group, and hell..i have always been a sucker for blondes :o...and damn, there is one guy directly on the other side of my cube...and i get to listen to him speak german with clients all day...and he is just a cutie. :p hahaha. today he asked me to help him with the fax machine......:o....hahahahahaha........damn. it's fun. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• buzz is a great way to put it, and like this low rolling hum that flows thru the asphalt. i've always enjoyed being there every time i've been!

and to share some artwork with someone who loves it as much, awesome! i've been to the island once before, it's very green and lush, i liked it!

i like that! :)

dunno if you've ever been to MoMA before...but i know you are a fellow art-lover and have hit up a lot of international museums/galleries as i have. i have to say, MoMA is up there on my list of all time faves...and i ADORE their photography collection. :D

and yes...dunno if you remember, but one time i had a pic posted ages ago, and mentioned i took it on the island, and you were amazed.....so yea, there's lots of cool little and not so little places to see/discover.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• i like that! :)

dunno if you've ever been to MoMA before...but i know you are a fellow art-lover and have hit up a lot of international museums/galleries as i have. i have to say, MoMA is up there on my list of all time faves...and i ADORE their photography collection. :D

and yes...dunno if you remember, but one time i had a pic posted ages ago, and mentioned i took it on the island, and you were amazed.....so yea, there's lots of cool little and not so little places to see/discover.
    i haven't been to the MoMA (i know, a pox on me head haha), i was going to one time but i ended up busting my ankle and couldn't go. WAAA. so fuck yeah, i need to go! and i know you've seen amazing collections so if you hold it in such high regard...yep, gotta go!

i do remember that pic, yeah the island has a lot of neat stuff to check out, no doubt! i liked just driving around, seeing the older buildings and such, and the greenery :)
  • fuck.
    seriously, for whatever reason...in our group...we have a lot of foreigners. well, the entire firm does - when i went for trainign, there were people from ALL over...b/c it's international, and they do lots of interim placements from 3 months up to 2 years....etc. anyhoo, for whatever reason we have a LOT of germans in our group, and hell..i have always been a sucker for blondes :o...and damn, there is one guy directly on the other side of my cube...and i get to listen to him speak german with clients all day...and he is just a cutie. :p hahaha. today he asked me to help him with the fax machine......:o....hahahahahaha........damn. it's fun.

Oh, speaking of handsome foreign coworkers...

There was this one partner who had moved to the U.S. from Italy not long before I began working there... He had an accent, of course, and he was always dressed so well...and he was so handsome and SO dashing! I mean, I literally never described a human being as "dashing" until I met this guy. I was actually nervous when I had to meet with him, lol. :o It was even fun just to say his name.... :D

random side note: damn this smiley limit!!!!
  • first post may be old news, but the thread title fits!

life is on such a MAJOR upswing! :D
    the last 6 - 9 months have been utterly fantastic, especially after about 3 - 4 years of trying times and lots of uncertainty. i had hoped all this *goodness* would carry forward into 2008, and get even better.....and it has!

*just* found out today that my husband has gotten a VERY desired transfer! :) his entire career has been with the government, but only the last 5 with this particular branch, and thus.....not high on the seniorty list for bids, vacation, etc...although the all important salary/benefits remained on level. soooooooo, his days off have varied greatly, and never included weekends as long as he's been in this field. was ok when i taught part-time, when i worked retail, etc.....we always had one shared day off. well, today, finally...he got a coveted bid of saturdays/sundays off! :cool: and, he's also transferred into manhattan, same work hours as me...so we can commute to/from work together most of the time too! for the first time EVER in our relationship - 21 years! - he has weekends off - it's fantastic!

YAY!
    i am so thrilled...and what a great start to the day!

granted, he starts march 10th.......and my schedule will be off the wall crazy that week, but whatever! 90% of the time....we'll commute together, weekends off....fantastic! just had to share my JOY! yay 2008!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...