YES! finally.....life is GOOD!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
man, as the saying goes..when it rains it pours...whether good or bad. thankfully, finally, it's been ALL good!

tomorrow, off to london and then 2 bliss-filled weeks in europe filled with friends, travel and live pearl jam, 3x!

more importantly, personally, life has been on a major upswing at home....some issues *resolved*....lots of positives in the works, and 'celebrated' a week early, 15 years of marriage, a very desired and hard-won anniversary!

to just make everything that much better, as many know i left my teaching career 2 years ago, looking for new direction, blah, blah. well, today i got a follow-up call from an interview on june 1st...basically saying i have the job if i want it, a job offer will be awaiting my return from europe, a whole package waiting my approval/negoatiation! :D:D:D seriously, just amazing! completely outside my field or experience, a real job for 'the man' in the corporate world, huge international client service/accountancy company, US HQ in NYC.

funny how it all works, it IS all 'who you know'...heard of the job, by chance, a friend of a friend...guy that my husband works with, his sister passed along my resume, gave my name a push, and then i got interviewed by 4 partners/directors....truly well-liked, impressed em even being totally outside my field. i KNOW i'd not have even been considered/interviewed if not for her...so wow! i hope i like it, complete change for me...but yea, for once in my life..i am going for the fat paycheck, and i'll save my artistic creativity for my own time/work :p....and i hope to enjoy embracing my organizational/anal'retentiveness for the job...hahaha.

so hell yea.....LIFE IS GOOD!!!
:cool:
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    congrats!!!

im having an up and up spurt as well. when life is good, its damn good.

enjoy every moment!!!

and say hi to eddie for me
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    dream lovey CONGRATS AND ENJOY U ALWAYS DESERVE IT

HAVE A BLAST AND IM SUR E YOU WILL GET MAN OF THE HOUR
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Dreams :D:D

So glad for you!! Congrats!! That is amazing news.. amazing. Good things come to those who wait. WOW I am so happy for you. After you get back I want to hear all ABOUT your trip and see some pics. You take care.

stb
    xx
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    YEA!!! thanks!
    i am so truly happy!
    in all honesty, this is by no means a 'dream job'....but yea, it is a dream opportunity, and given all i have gone through, worked my arse off career-wise in work that yes i loved, but yea...not much personally to show for it...and sucked up all my creativity. so yes, i do believe this position will appeal to other skills and interests, and save the rest of me...for me...oputside the job. it IS a fantastic company, brilliant compensation, posh NYC location...i think i'll like it. :) whatthefuckever, for once, i will be well paid! hahaha. i'm getting old, so yea...bout time. ;)

i REALLY thought i'd be leaving w/o knowing, so it was AWESOME to get a cal today from recruitment, AND an e-mail from one of the partners. will be wonderful to come home to all this change/excitment....if all works out, i will more than likely start july 30th, so still plenty of time to give notice/professional counrtesy to my current employer...who i adore, but yea...the pay will never be up to par. so sure...time to move on!

happiness on all fronts! always more to work on personally, and lots of change/challenge on the horizon...but hell yes......

and in this moment, i am HAPPY! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'm so happy to hear that your job quest is nearly complete!!! :D

And, the news couldn't be better that home life is on the up swing. :)

{{decides2dream}}

Yay!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    enjoy !

be safe and have fun.

3 x ?

im very jealous,

:)
    envy.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • MyHandsBoundMyHandsBound Posts: 698
    man, as the saying goes..when it rains it pours...whether good or bad. thankfully, finally, it's been ALL good!

tomorrow, off to london and then 2 bliss-filled weeks in europe filled with friends, travel and live pearl jam, 3x!

more importantly, personally, life has been on a major upswing at home....some issues *resolved*....lots of positives in the works, and 'celebrated' a week early, 15 years of marriage, a very desired and hard-won anniversary!

to just make everything that much better, as many know i left my teaching career 2 years ago, looking for new direction, blah, blah. well, today i got a follow-up call from an interview on june 1st...basically saying i have the job if i want it, a job offer will be awaiting my return from europe, a whole package waiting my approval/negoatiation! :D:D:D seriously, just amazing! completely outside my field or experience, a real job for 'the man' in the corporate world, huge international client service/accountancy company, US HQ in NYC.

funny how it all works, it IS all 'who you know'...heard of the job, by chance, a friend of a friend...guy that my husband works with, his sister passed along my resume, gave my name a push, and then i got interviewed by 4 partners/directors....truly well-liked, impressed em even being totally outside my field. i KNOW i'd not have even been considered/interviewed if not for her...so wow! i hope i like it, complete change for me...but yea, for once in my life..i am going for the fat paycheck, and i'll save my artistic creativity for my own time/work :p....and i hope to enjoy embracing my organizational/anal'retentiveness for the job...hahaha.

congratulations on your new job....... ; )
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    congrats to you sweetie!! man, Im super jealous of how much you travel, you must have a nice healthy bank account sista!! kudos to you and your new journey. peace and love
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    WOW WEE!!
    d2d!

You go Mama. Congrats! on all the great news!

I am happy for you.

Your trip sounds like a little slice of heaven. I hope you have a great and safe trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!

ENJOY!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    wow!

all i can say to all that is....freaking fantastic!! congratulations on the job, and on the happiness overall! :) i feel really happy right now too so i love seeing it in others too!

have a wonderful and safe journey in europe, what a great way to celebrate all the goodness than traveling in such beautiful places with lovely friends and PJ :)
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,221
    that's awesome. have a great time in europe.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    ((((DTD))))! Very happy to hear that everything is going GREAT! I wish that I was joining you across the pond, but responsibilities were just standing in the way....like Fathers Day, Graduation.....Grrrrr! Have a blast and give all my hippies a hug for me! Oh.....AND ENJOY THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!

Luv,
    C
    oxoxox
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Congrats!!!!

That's awesome Dream!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Congrats about the job. Have a nice trip.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Being "dreamy" has its privileges--and its just desserts. In the interest of preventing ever more well-intentioned redundancy, is there another word for expressing congratulations? If such a term exists, it escapes me at the moment, so I suppose "You rock!" will have to do. Best wishes as you begin this new chapter of your life.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Being "dreamy" has its privileges--and its just desserts. In the interest of preventing ever more well-intentioned redundancy, is there another word for expressing congratulations? If such a term exists, it escapes me at the moment, so I suppose "You rock!" will have to do. Best wishes as you begin this new chapter of your life.

Main Entry: congratulations
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: complimentation
    Synonyms: best wishes, compliments, felicitations, good wishes, good work, greetings, hail, hear hear
    Antonyms: censure, condemnation, criticism, rebuke
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    sell out.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    OOooohhh.... Nicie Nice :)

It always tickles me pink...

to hear about a friend

being tickled pink :D

Have a wonderful trip, scream 'HELLO' to the boys from me!!

What a nice thought ... coming home from a great vacation filled with beautiful sights, sounds and people... To refound love and new found employment!!

Lisa xoxo
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well that's just a bucket-load of good news.....:D.....thumbs up on the new job...very exciting......happy anniversary.....have fun in europe.....i'll be thinking of ya next week at the police shows....:p:D:D
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Hey, Dreamy!
    Great news!

It's about time the winds turned your way.

I shall raise a glass to your good fortune.
  • Congrats Dreamn!!! I'm very happy for you:)
    Have fun in Europe!
  • emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    ahh i love when life is great like that :D

congrats!!
  • aww...congratulations Dream!!! that is totally awesome...and you TOTALLY deserve it!!!!! YAY!!! :D
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Congrats....have a great vacation and enjoy your new job. And don't forget the "little" people you met on the way up!

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Congrats d2d! You deserve it! :)

And say Hi! to Ed and the guys for me. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482

Congratulations, You were certainly due for some good luck
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Congratulations! And have fun on the trip!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    thanks all!
    yea, it's a done deal....the job is most definitely mine! still have to get all the paperwork straightened out, etc...but yea, got my official offer on monday. so psyched, an even better offer than i initially anitcipated, unbelievable....fantastic compensation package all the way around! bout time! :p

i'll be starting july 30th, a full week of orientation...sounds like i even may go to georgia? for one day for somethin', haha, don't remember fully all the recruiter told me, but i'll find out soon enough. so i won't actually start training for my 'real' position until first full week in august, and then i'll see how it all goes. hope i like it! :) no matter what, i am very excited, and hell...i'll learn to like it. i'm sure there will be a few things that tap into my organizational, anal-rentive nature......just utilize a different skill set, a refreshing change...and yea...i am simply beyond pleased, as is my husband, with a solid salary and comp package, etc.....yea!

today i give in my notice with my current employer. i hate doing that, but eh well...gotta be done. i am just glad i can give a full 2 weeks notice, was afraid i might not've been able to...and i can take a week inbetween to get my own shit together, wardrobe, etc......very cool. my manager hasn't been in since i've been back from europe until today. she's been great to me, but yea, i need to make way more! so wish me luck today! hahaha!

and yes, europe was fuckin' BRILLIANT, all of it! eventually when i get all my shite together, i'll upload/organize all my pics on the computer and will be sure to share! i have some fantastic pics of everything...and dusseldorf was right in front of mikey/jeff...so amazing pics! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    hello D2D...

happy 4th.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    hello D2D...

happy 4th.....

:D

speedy! yoo too!
    now that i am home from work, it will be......dinner out for mexican, yea!

and, give in my notice today, all good....told the family all my good news, yes! still have to get all the paperwork done, but yea, very exciting!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...