YES! finally.....life is GOOD!

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Congrats on everything D2D.....kick some ass on the new job!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Congrats! It sounds like it will be be right up your alley. :) Keep us posted once you start. Get working on those pics too-nudge, nudge. :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    Great news all around! Hope you enjoy your new position and all of the perks that come with it!! :)
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    hmmmm...never noticed this thread...you might be able to skip replying to my pm, this pretty much covers everything :D
    Sooooooo happy for you!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    hmmmm...never noticed this thread...you might be able to skip replying to my pm, this pretty much covers everything :D
    Sooooooo happy for you!

hehee.....:o i REALLY need to catch up with my PM box one of these days. hell, i still have to upload all my euro photos......:p today is only my 3rd day off since coming home, and i've had a LOT going on...so yea......i WILL post pics, eventually...and i will respond to PMs...eventually.......:D

btw - when it rains it really DOES pour! i went to an art teachers' career fair over a month ago, and....nutthin'. now that i am starting a new job on the 30th, guess what? yea...got a call for a teaching job today. unreal. i don't know what to do. on the one hand i really don't want to go back to teaching....but on the other i was very good at it, knew what i was doing, etc. this new job, totally outside my field, don't know if i'll like it, etc. the teaching position is in the bronx, not great....in a middle school....not great.....but still. a NYC public school job could be very beneficial and rewarding down the road, dunno. right now, i'll make a bit more $$$ with the offer i already have, and i'd probably keep pace with a teaching position, or do even better....but dunno. sheesh. i'm gonna call the school tomorrow, see what's what. i don't want to fuck up the offer i already got, but i figure i owe it to myself to look into it all. just about 2 years and nutthin'....now two offers maybe? hahahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    good luck dreamy xo
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    wow, good to see you, dreamn. :)

I haven't visited AET in like forever and I don't know what made me today. Just been awfully busy!

Glad to hear things are going well for you!!! Yay!!!

I'll try to come back and check your euro pictures! I always enjoyed your photographs! :D

13K posts - damn, I've been "gone" a long time... :p
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    very cool update! good luck with whichever path you choose! :)
    very cool update! good luck with whichever path you choose! :)

thanks chica! :)

and, i've already made my decision. i really had only *just* gotten the message of the teaching job within the hour of that earlier post....so hell yea, thoughts spin round my head! after leaving here and thinking, talking with my husband, more thinking out loud....i realized, i am sticking with my initial decision, sticking with the first offer i received.

i realize, i may *never* get the opportunity again to venture off into something entirely *new*.....outside my field of expertise, experience, education, personally and professionally. i initially left teaching b/c i wanted to try a new venture. sure, other reasons in the mix there, but that was the main crux of it at the time.

now, almost 2 years have passed since i left my school, and up until now and this offer, nutthin'. so how can i pass up this *unknown* possibility now? taking the teaching position, if it even got offerred...i am sure they wanted to schedule an interview first ;).......would be the *safe* choice. i CAN always return to teaching, especially in a shitty public school. :p hahaha. this certainly wasn't my 'dream school' or district, not by a long shot...so yea. those opportunities may come again. this other thing though, i tried and tried to go somewhere new...and while i'd not have persued such a path as this one initially, here it is, being offerred to me...with an amazing package, so yea.....further reflection and i realize, stick with it! going into a corporate job may not seem the 'road less travelled' but in MY life, it sure as hell is, so yea, i want to venture that path, see where it takes me.

so yes, time to ride a new wave! :)

and.........IamMine...hi right back atcha!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'm glad you're going to try the new position. As you said, you really did want to try something different. Good luck and keep us posted. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Hey dreams, congratulations. Good call on going with teh new job and a fat paycheck.

I always tell kids, pick a job that is good to you and you will have the energy and resources to live oyur life and contribute to society.

If you pick a job out of altruism, there will often be littel thanks, and it will probably suck you dry.

I am just about ready for a new career myself, but it's hard to start over when you are on good money, and the family is relying on you. There is nothing much wrong with my job, just some days soe people are too much. I don't get enough holidays either, the only real downer.

So nice to hear your life is so good right now. Enjoy those PJ concerts now !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Congratulations Dream!!!!

All the best to you and your new career! It's cool, too, because if you ever decide to change,,, (or is that Decide2change :) ) you can always do that too.

So we're travelling in different directions! You're going corporatewith benefits and all the trimmings,,
    and all I'm doing is making damn beer! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

thanks! yea, i am psyched about it! not an 'exciting' job....but i am still so looking forward to it, the change, the city, ALL of it! it IS good to get out of your comfort zone, mix it up, dare to dream.......;) i have been in education and/or retail......art/design....etc......ALL my working life. it will ALWAYS be a passion of mine, but yea.....i think this will be a very good move for me on so many levels. definitely let ya know how it all goes. i WILL be heading down to georgia overnite for some company culture course and then back to NYC for real training, etc. mid-september will be trial-by-fire...first 'peak crunch time' for me...so yea......ride the wave where it takes me!

Hey dreams, congratulations. Good call on going with teh new job and a fat paycheck.

I always tell kids, pick a job that is good to you and you will have the energy and resources to live oyur life and contribute to society.

If you pick a job out of altruism, there will often be littel thanks, and it will probably suck you dry.

I am just about ready for a new career myself, but it's hard to start over when you are on good money, and the family is relying on you. There is nothing much wrong with my job, just some days soe people are too much. I don't get enough holidays either, the only real downer.

So nice to hear your life is so good right now. Enjoy those PJ concerts now !!

thanks luc! :)
    i totally enjoyed pj and europe...again!

and yea, starting over IS hard.....so that's why sure, at first today i thought....hmmmm.....but quickly realized, best to take the chance when i can!

i hear ya on all the issues. that IS one of many great things, at least on paper, about this job: beyond excellent compensation, great vacation! start off with 3 weeks vacation plus 10 holidays, and after 2 years or promotion to a management position, 4 weeks + 2 days vacation with the 10 holidays....so outside of teaching, the BEST paid vacation package i've ever been offered, especially to start! all good! :)

BOB!
    just caught yuour post.....yea, going 'corporate'.......:eek: who woulda EVER thunk THAT for me?! hahahaha. hell yes tho, it WILL be nice to finally, at least once, have a job/career with 'all the trimmings' as you put it........i need it, just for me! the rest, see how it all goes, and yes, i do know i DO have options, LOTs of em....and i am ever thankful for it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403

thanks luc! :)
    i totally enjoyed pj and europe...again!

and yea, starting over IS hard.....so that's why sure, at first today i thought....hmmmm.....but quickly realized, best to take the chance when i can!

i hear ya on all the issues. that IS one of many great things, at least on paper, about this job: beyond excellent compensation, great vacation! start off with 3 weeks vacation plus 10 holidays, and after 2 years or promotion to a management position, 4 weeks + 2 days vacation with the 10 holidays....so outside of teaching, the BEST paid vacation package i've ever been offered, especially to start! all good! :)

I'm a sub-contactor, so no prospect of paid leave anytime, but on the other hand, I don't have to ask if I want time off, I just schedule it. I do get to go to the beach any day I choose as well, so it's not all bad. I just know I can do better in a different field, it would take a year to get set up, and we'd be thoroughly bankrupt in that time. I really want to sell real estate.

Och weel, maybe next life !!

Glad to hear you had a good time, loving the PJ and all. Might listen to some boots this weekend, go back to learning the Benroya Black solo !

CHeers
    Music is not a competetion.
  • You deserve it D2D!!!
    :D:D:D

Its soo inspiring to see you happy and doing what you love.

I have to go through this whole thread yet.....

And youve been going to some great shows overseas too....its such a treasure when people share positive things happening in their life. Especially people who deserve it....and it makes you not want to give-up on yourself and others. why dont i ever make sense....anyways, i am happy for you thats all!!! And happy belated bday. :o
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    How freaking cool was it meeting you in Dusseldorf?? I'm so glad you recognized me........we had only been in Germany all of about 2 hours when we got in line at the ISS dome!! Amazing show!!

Congrats on the new job, I wanna hear all the good stuff when you merge into this corporate world. A day in the life.........
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    that's awesome you're going for the different sort of gig! big congrats to you! :)
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    hey d2d,

glad you're safely home
    looking forward to seeing your pics

and GOOD LUCK with the new position. I look forward to hearing about it.

take care
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    How is it going there Dreamy one? First two days were a bit hot in that city!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJPixie wrote:
    How freaking cool was it meeting you in Dusseldorf?? I'm so glad you recognized me........we had only been in Germany all of about 2 hours when we got in line at the ISS dome!! Amazing show!!

Congrats on the new job, I wanna hear all the good stuff when you merge into this corporate world. A day in the life.........

i'm gonna assume...it was freaking cool meeting me in dusseldorf? ;)

:D
    haha.
    you too m'dear, truly!
    only wish we all got to spend more time together BSin'.

anyhoo i have realized long ago, regret, while mostly a waste of time in any case....well, it usually only happens for things ya don't do...so why not just go for it? thus, i just figure, fuck it...i think many here have this *impression* of me being some gregarious, outgoing nutter in any case...so yea, i WILL go up and say 'hi!' as i see people! :p i'm really not such a character....but yea, whateva.....i've met so many people b/c i AM willing to lay myself on the line like that, and i am the better for it. besides, i HAD to meet the suomo wrestler! :p

to everyone else: you people ROCK! :cool: seriously. i oftentimes forget how fuckin' fantastic so many of you are...sooooo supportive, in both good times and bad. i don't really 'open up' here much, and still never really will....but i DO on occasion just love bouncing ideas around here....get feedback...share life news, whatever. and all of *this* just reminds me ever again, why i keep coming back to this place. you're all awesome and caring people!

btw - pjaddicted, i haven't even started just yet! july 30th....one week of 'official training'.....then in august start my 'real training'.....so yea......still have to see how it all goes! one more week at my present job, saturday thru wednesday.....then 10 days off! wooooohooooo!

it IS all state of mind!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• THCTHC Posts: 525
    Good for you!

i'm soo jealous of your europe trip.... :)
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
    yea......my 'last day' was wednesday.....for the next 10 days, i am unemployed......and officially begin my new position on the 30th....woohooo! so 10 days of relaxation and some prepwork...and then good to go! week of orientation, trip to georgia in there...yada, yada. i cannot believe the amount of paperwork/background checks....etc....amazing! at least i can do much of it online....crazy! :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

tomorrow's the *BIG* day...my first day on the job! :cool: i am excited/nervous about it, mostly for first impressions, etc...not so much the *job*. the whole first week is entirely orientation, a business trip seminar....piles of settling-in paperwork, etc. next week is when i really start my job training. i am not concerned that it'll be too difficult or anything like that, but sure...just learning the ropes...hell, just working in an office environment, outside of teaching or retail/merchandising, hahaha....it's all so *NEW*...so yea...........
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Have a fantastic week! I will be thinking about you!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    congrats again on the job, and have a wonderful start tomorrow! :)
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    d2d

you ever had a post with less that 50 words?

;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    bostonlou wrote:
    d2d

you ever had a post with less that 50 words?

;)

That's kinda funny.

:p
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Thought of you today, dreams. Hope it was a good first day!! :) When is PJ going to play MSG so I can come visit :p;) .... not that I need PJ to visit, of course.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    Hope your first day was good! I love "first days" of anything! :)
    Hope your first day was good! I love "first days" of anything!

i LOVE *firsts* too! just always filled with such hope and possibility! :cool: i still haven't actually started my real job...haha, that happens tomorrow. the first week was ALL firm culture and values, introductions...and just happened to start during a big week of celebration for the firm...so yea, friday was ALL party day! and after the firm party.....my group's partners took our whole crew out to party more :D...so yes, nice way to start.

STILL have much BS paperwork to finish - it seems never ending :p....and actually be trained to do the job i'll do. but i am excited about it....sounds like LOTS of possibilities/opportunities here if you want em.......and yes, i have a fantastic view of the chrysler bulding from my cube, so no matter what...can't be bad thing. ;)

time will tell how it all works out, once i actually start doing the *work*....settling in....seeing the future possibilites, etc.... however right now, it IS all good and i am truly looking forward to all the *firsts* i shall have here.

thanks for the well wishes ALL!
    and becks, absolutely...with or without an MSG show...you are always welcome. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...