whats the sign hanging over your head read???

zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
ok - talking in another thread about how we all seem to attract a certain sort of person - be it good or bad for us, the trend seems to continue along - well it does with me unfortunetly anyway.

so - i decided i obviously have a sign floating above my head advertising - 'all guys with hangups, commitment phobias and/or substance abuse problems, please apply here...'

whats yours??
impatience is a gift ........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I think there's a sign on my car that says, "PLEASE CUT ME OFF!!"
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• "don't f*** with me"

I'm a badassmofo

no seriously, I don't take crap. and thats gotten me pretty far in life...
    "don't f*** with me"

I'm a badassmofo

no seriously, I don't take crap. and thats gotten me pretty far in life...

You have to have a sign like that when you're working with kids! Trust me, I know!!

• PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Mine says "Please vent to me and tell me all of your problems"
  • my other sign says "yes, homeless kittens I am horribly weak, and will adopt you all"

and that sign needs to be smashed!
  • i'd have one on my head saying 'refer to sign on my back', a sign on my back saying 'refer to the sign on my left knee', and then a sign on my left knee saying 'refer to sign on my head....and now don't you look silly'.

or the sign of everyone wanting to vent on me...that'd work too :D
    my other sign says "yes, homeless kittens I am horribly weak, and will adopt you all"

and that sign needs to be smashed!

LOL!! Your husband probably hates that, huh?!

P.S. Good call on the Playboy subscription!

• LOL!! Your husband probably hates that, huh?!

P.S. Good call on the Playboy subscription!

yeah, ask me how long I've been begging for a kitten for christmas... I already have 3 cats. It needs to stop. Today he was like.. JUST F-ING GET THE DAMN CAT ALREADY.. and he said it so meanly that I was like.. NO forget it!!!!!! Oh, the holidays are such a happy time ;)
    yeah, ask me how long I've been begging for a kitten for christmas... I already have 3 cats. It needs to stop. Today he was like.. JUST F-ING GET THE DAMN CAT ALREADY.. and he said it so meanly that I was like.. NO forget it!!!!!! Oh, the holidays are such a happy time ;)

LOL! Yeah, forget the damn cat!! They're cute...but FOUR?!! :eek:

Sidenote: Sorry, this is coming from a dog person.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    my sign is a billboard.
    190 ft across by 140 feet tall.
    all over my head.
    it's amazing.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ** Hottie ** Inquire Below

:rolleyes: :D
    NERDS!
  • zenith wrote:
    ok - talking in another thread about how we all seem to attract a certain sort of person - be it good or bad for us, the trend seems to continue along - well it does with me unfortunetly anyway.

so - i decided i obviously have a sign floating above my head advertising - 'all guys with hangups, commitment phobias and/or substance abuse problems, please apply here...'

whats yours??

it sounds like we should have met at some point.......
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    mine says "women in need of a sweet guy temporarily to help you feel better about yourself that you can leave pretty guilt-free once you have the confidence to land someone better: i'm your man."

the back of it says "if you have serious emotional problems and or self esteem issues and are desperate for a relationship and will lie about your intentions and try to turn a casual fling into a lifelong commitment: i'm your man."

it depends on who the girls is. if i truly like her, it's the former one. if i'm just kinda rolling with the punches and trying to see women casually, it's the latter.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    LOL! Yeah, forget the damn cat!! They're cute...but FOUR?!! :eek:

Sidenote: Sorry, this is coming from a dog person.

cats should be given an injection at the kitten stage that keeps them that size forever.
    zenith wrote:
    cats should be given an injection at the kitten stage that keeps them that size forever.

I couldn't agree more!!! :)

• zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    it sounds like we should have met at some point.......

:/ I think ive met every single one of them on the east side of australia already

your not from australia are you??????
  • My husband always says that his sign at work is "I'm not busy, all annoying people please talk to me & if I ignore you please talk more"
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    My husband always says that his sign at work is "I'm not busy, all annoying people please talk to me & if I ignore you please talk more"

Oh! No way!! I had that same sign at my last job!!!

• when i'm at hockey games and this one really inefficient radio reporter is sitting near me, the sign should read the following:

"I am not a calculator, please figure the power play conversions on your own!"
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • mine says "women in need of a sweet guy temporarily to help you feel better about yourself that you can leave pretty guilt-free once you have the confidence to land someone better: i'm your man."

HEY!!! You stole my sign!!!
    Show me potato salald!!!
  • "Talk to me!"

where ever I go, people talk to me. I'm a magnet. Resturants, Target, Wegmans, Post Office, Work, doesn't matter. I just attract chatty people. It's out of control.

Anything too, the most bizarre things. From just random chit chat to deep conversations. And because I spend most of my day at work talking to people the last thing I want to do outside of work is talk. So it gets a little out of hand.

Even my friends just groan. They will just walk away from me when we're out and this happens.

Honestly, sometimes it just sucks.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • :) great thread!

I haven't had any weirdos approach me in a while but there was a LONG time when I was pretty sure I'd a sign over my head saying 'weirdos... get your tinfoil here' :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • 'All women with emotional problems and low self-esteem, talk to me, because I'm a sensitive push over. I promise I will not develop any kind of feelings except for totally platonic ones. And if I do, you have every right to say 'What were you thinking?'

Mine's a very big sign.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • 'All women with emotional problems and low self-esteem, talk to me, because I'm a sensitive push over. I promise I will not develop any kind of feelings except for totally platonic ones. And if I do, you have every right to say 'What were you thinking?'

Mine's a very big sign.

Or just 'bitter' might work, Mark! :)

I think mine says naive... apparently.
  • Or just 'bitter' might work, Mark! :)

I think mine says naive... apparently.

Yeah.. sorry, that was a bit wordy. Bitter will work. Or even 'butter'?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    'All women with emotional problems and low self-esteem, talk to me, because I'm a sensitive push over. I promise I will not develop any kind of feelings except for totally platonic ones. And if I do, you have every right to say 'What were you thinking?'

Mine's a very big sign.
    HaHaHa!!

I thought that was what mine said...only about men...:) :o
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • HaHaHa!!

I thought that was what mine said...only about men...:) :o

:eek: We have the same sign!

• ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    Mine says: "All men in their twenties who are musicians, waiters/bartenders or both with overinflated egos who still think they are frat boys and will enjoy stringing me along."
  • "I don't date Americans. I'm only interested in dating you if it involves one of us moving countries and applying for permanent residency" :p:D
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Mine says "For the love of God, please walk as slowly in front of me as possible swaying in and out so I have no chance of passing you without knocking you over".
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"