smelly people stinking out the office!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
It's just not on.

Either it's people coming in hungover and stinking the place out with drink...

or... the canteen lady was in for a few minutes and the place stinks of grease...

or... people who simply smell. There was a guy in one morning before I got to work getting first aid on his foot and sitting on my chair. My space stank for the entire day after that :o and I mean I was gagging! It smelled like rotten socks filled with dead animals.

And I know people think it's me every fucking time... there's no air conditioning so if people come in smelling, the smell stays and I'm starting to feel sick now :eek:
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The bad smells in my office are due to bad hygiene and people cooking nasty food in the Microwave.

I mean reheating the 2 day old leftover salmon is not proper office etiquette.
    NERDS!
  • The bad smells in my office are due to bad hygiene and people cooking nasty food in the Microwave.

I mean reheating the 2 day old leftover salmon is not proper office etiquette.
    URGH... don't get me started on fish in the office microwave :eek: that shit should be illegal... cos the canteen door is right beside my desk so then I smell like a fucking fishmonger for the day... it's just not fair :mad:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    hell sometimes here at work in the hospital we have md's that actually stink, i call them onion people your eyes actually water i don't know why they do but they just do go figure ........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    oh eww!!

I'm sorry for you Helen, I really am.. :o thank god there are no stinky people here! :eek: the occasional customer might have forgotten all about personal hygiene but nothing worse than that.

but when I was working at a liquour store.. jaysis! and sometimes the money stinky people give stinks too and it might be all sticky and grimey. *shrudders*

I feel so bad for saying stinky people.. but.. it's true. I wonder if they notice it themselves?
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • hell sometimes here at work in the hospital we have md's that actually stink, i call them onion people your eyes actually water i don't know why they do but they just do go figure ........
    what are md's? :o All I can think is managing director but it must be 'medical... ' something? :confused:

but yep, we have people here who make your eyes water. You can imagine on a building site, some of the guys come from eastern europe or wherever on their own. No wives to wash their clothes for them or to remind them to give a fuck. So they simply DON'T wash or change their clothes :o seriously, I've seen some guys wear the same clothes EVERY day for the entire time they're here :eek: it's simply disgusting.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • eMMI wrote:
    oh eww!!

I'm sorry for you Helen, I really am.. :o thank god there are no stinky people here! :eek: the occasional customer might have forgotten all about personal hygiene but nothing worse than that.

but when I was working at a liquour store.. jaysis! and sometimes the money stinky people give stinks too and it might be all sticky and grimey. *shrudders*

I feel so bad for saying stinky people.. but.. it's true. I wonder if they notice it themselves?
    they couldn't possibly notice... there's no way they'd allow themselves go around like that if they knew. If you wear the same clothes every day for months or even years... I'm sure they get to that state eventually. But yeh, when I was hungover on Friday I bought plenty of bottles of water from the canteen... and I could smell the grease on the bottles as I was drinking :o ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Helen, could you get a small fan to blow the air out? That's just rotten that you have to be left with the stinky smells!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    md is medical doctor Helen.

and I work in a mental health community team at the moment..some of the clients coming in have not had showers for months from the smell!
    I can't imagine how the social workers and nurses manage to sit in a small room with them without throwing up!
  • justam wrote:
    Helen, could you get a small fan to blow the air out? That's just rotten that you have to be left with the stinky smells!
    not really :o

I could have a fan alright but it would just blow the air around... there is NO air conditioning in the office. There is a door to the outside about 20ft from my desk but it does fuck all... cos my office is the first and there's another 7 or so offices behind so the smells just kinda linger :o at least to the point where even I don't notice them anymore... but i'm sure they're still there :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • what are md's? :o All I can think is managing director but it must be 'medical... ' something? :confused:

My friends with muscular dystrophy always called themselves md's. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    what are md's? :o All I can think is managing director but it must be 'medical... ' something? :confused:

but yep, we have people here who make your eyes water. You can imagine on a building site, some of the guys come from eastern europe or wherever on their own. No wives to wash their clothes for them or to remind them to give a fuck. So they simply DON'T wash or change their clothes :o seriously, I've seen some guys wear the same clothes EVERY day for the entire time they're here :eek: it's simply disgusting.

medical doctors yeah they actually don't use deodorant i't sad to say but most of those onion people are of middle east origin, wierd i don't get it why ,my wife say's it's actually a cultural thing to smell your own body funk ....
  • evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    You need to get some air fresheners for the office or something but then you'll just end up with a flowery fruity fish body odor smell lol.

There is someone in my office (and I know who it is) that stinks up the bathroom every single day! There are no windows to air it out. What does she freakin eat that stinks like that? I walk in and immediately walk right back out of the bathroom gagging. Of course most of the time when you walk back out some else is walking in so you have to say 'that wasn't me' lol. But we do warn each other. If someone goes into the bathroom and it stinks bad we tell everyone 'code brown' lol.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Pegasus wrote:
    md is medical doctor Helen.

and I work in a mental health community team at the moment..some of the clients coming in have not had showers for months from the smell!
    I can't imagine how the social workers and nurses manage to sit in a small room with them without throwing up!
    ah I was thinking medical doctor but thought it was too simple.

or some older people in shops :eek: . I remember one woman... there was quite a queue for the tills and she went and just stood near the top of the queue. I was wondering why til the smell hit me. Everyone cleared away so she got to skip the queue. Seriously people had to leave the shop. I felt sorry for the girl having to serve her. Nobody should have to. She had... what I can only describe as 'things' in her hair :o . She had tights (stockings) hanging out of her clothes :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • medical doctors yeah they actually don't use deodorant i't sad to say but most of those onion people are of middle east origin, wierd i don't get it why ,my wife say's it's actually a cultural thing to smell your own body funk ....
    oh no... I've met a few of those on the bus too... everyone has the windows open and we have to freeze :o

evenkat... code brown? :D:D:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    oh no... I've met a few of those on the bus too... everyone has the windows open and we have to freeze :o

evenkat... code brown? :D:D:D

yeah how about the taxi driver's here in NY, damm you almost rather walk the 15 blocks holly shit they are brutal to take .......
  • yeah how about the taxi driver's here in NY, damm you almost rather walk the 15 blocks holly shit they are brutal to take .......
    :o really? I musta been lucky when I was there... or just completely oblivious... but I usually notice these things.

evenkat that's why air freshener isnt' a good idea either... the cleaning lady often sprays that stuff in the morning and it's way too strong.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I don't understand how people can just throw away the smelliest things into the trash can and not realize that's a bad idea. One week I saw some uneaten sushi in the garbage can on a Monday (trash not picked up until the next weekend).

People are just clueless.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • i work with a guy who doesnt wear deodorant.
    he says he alergic to it.

dude reeks.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    :eek:
    talk of coincidence, one of those really smelly clients just came in!!
  • Pegasus wrote:
    :eek:
    talk of coincidence, one of those really smelly clients just came in!!
    :eek: Oh no!

See people, this is why I smoke... trying to fuck up my sense of smell completely so I don't have to put up with this :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It smelled like rotten socks filled with dead animals.
    And how do you know what that could smell like? :D
  • when I was hungover on Friday I bought plenty of bottles of water from the canteen

So did you have "hangover smell" on Friday then too?
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
  • What's with all the "eastern europe", "middle eastern" generalizations? Maybe they think YOU stink.
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
  • It's just not on.

Either it's people coming in hungover and stinking the place out with drink...

or... the canteen lady was in for a few minutes and the place stinks of grease...

or... people who simply smell. There was a guy in one morning before I got to work getting first aid on his foot and sitting on my chair. My space stank for the entire day after that :o and I mean I was gagging! It smelled like rotten socks filled with dead animals.

And I know people think it's me every fucking time... there's no air conditioning so if people come in smelling, the smell stays and I'm starting to feel sick now :eek:

Ever frequent a steam sauna on a regular basis? I know certain people have different body chemistries and all, but there's this one individual I run into every couple of months...he must have some kind illness. I actually pity the guy as no woman could stand being close to, or intimate with that. There's just no way. The guy is even showered so it's even coming from his sweat. It's not BO, or bad breath, it's like a garbage smell. Actually it smells like cheap plastic garbage bags. It closes your throat automatically.

I always bring eucalyptus concentrate to flick on the steam box. Aside from that guy, in general, I don't know how people can be unclean. It must feel disgusting against your clothes. I shower twice a day and get deep steam cleansed after each workout. Golden.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • What's with all the "eastern europe", "middle eastern" generalizations? Maybe they think YOU stink.

From my experience of living with an Indian guy when I was at Uni, he had some really bad body odour. I think a lot of it was to do with what he ate. He would have a lot of spicy curries every day, and in my own experience when I go out for a curry, the garlic and spices tend to come out in your sweat - not very pleasant! I think it's definitely a cultural thing, and I think some people from those cultural backgrounds have different approaches to things like washing. I know that my housemate did not shower every day either.

My boss at work has possible the worst B.O and bad breath I've ever smelled. Seriously it's like he's been using dog shit for tooth paste! As far as I'm concerned there is no excuse, have a fucking wash you dirty bastard!
  • redrock wrote:
    And how do you know what that could smell like? :D
    just a guess :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • So did you have "hangover smell" on Friday then too?
    oh probably :o although you're not getting that it's my office they all have to walk through so the smells linger HERE... they can close their doors. I can't. If someone smelly comes into my office the smell stays here all day. When I was hungover, people would have only smelled it if they'd come to my desk or if I was talking to them but nobody said anything (and they'd be quick to tell me too :D )
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Helen, no offense but it sounds like your workplace sucks. ;)

Try working in an old folks home, if you haven't already. It makes you less squeamish about smells. :)
  • From my experience of living with an Indian guy when I was at Uni, he had some really bad body odour. I think a lot of it was to do with what he ate. He would have a lot of spicy curries every day, and in my own experience when I go out for a curry, the garlic and spices tend to come out in your sweat - not very pleasant! I think it's definitely a cultural thing, and I think some people from those cultural backgrounds have different approaches to things like washing. I know that my housemate did not shower every day either.
    yep, I'd agree... I'm not trying to offend anyone but it just seems to be how it is. I'm not saying all middle eastern/asian people smell cos obviously they don't... but the odd time when someone DOES smell on public transport, more often than not they're from there and considering how few there are in this country, it must be a high percentage.

And yep, if I have a curry... I smell like curry the next day :o my stomach just can't handle spices too often... so I don't have em too often.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Helen, no offense but it sounds like your workplace sucks. ;)

Try working in an old folks home, if you haven't already. It makes you less squeamish about smells. :)
    :D I'm not saying this happens all the time, it doesn't. But when it does happen and your office is stinking ALL day it's pretty bad.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life