Options

Columbia, SC Pre-party

Comments

• Options
    my donation will not be there......

my date got outta hand so I left her ass at Bonnaroo with all her shit and came on home

no Columbia, SC for me

thats ok anyway the Bonnaroo set was all fucked up, Eddiie was drunk off his ass

at one point he missed an entire verse, now that's bad..........
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    Bummer....The rest of us will have fun for you!!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    iisee wrote:
    Bummer....The rest of us will have fun for you!!

is that supposed to be funny?????

I am fukin pissed
  • Options
    simcolesimcole Posts: 7
    Count me + 1 in for the pregame at the saucer. What time is everyone meeting there? I don't know any of you 10c fans, so I hope it's obvious when I walk in.
  • Options
    ruffianruffian Posts: 15
    I'll try to make it I'm driving 6 and a half hours for the show so we'll see what time I get there. I can't believe I'm driving this long for a show but it's Pearl Jam.

i just drove the same distance--it went surprisingly fast, and is so going to be worth it! :D
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    What is the 'official' camera policy at the Colonial Center? I think on their website it says no cameras but wondering if the band set policy for this show.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    VFC tour - Ashville NC,
    Eddie was sick and forgot a verse in DTE.
    the band looked around like "what do we do now" and went abck and sang it after the song was done...

my date got outta hand so I left her ass at Bonnaroo with all her shit and came on home

no Columbia, SC for me

thats ok anyway the Bonnaroo set was all fucked up, Eddiie was drunk off his ass

"Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    oldncpjoldncpj Posts: 17
    dangerboy wrote:
    wow, looks like we spent 98, 00, and 03 at almost all the same shows

do you know ncbri from chapel hill?

Not sure if I know ncbri or not, haven't posted much on here, but I'll be wearing a bright red shirt tonight at the concert and party if we make it there for that. Hope to see you.
    Thanks.
    1991 - Chapel Hill, NC
    1992 - Raleigh, NC
    1996 - Charlotte, NC
    1998 - Barrie, Ont; Raleigh, NC; VA Bch, VA
    2000 - Charlotte, NC; Greensboro, NC
    2003 - Raleigh, NC; Charlotte, NC
    2004 - Asheville, NC
    2005 - Calgary, Alb; Edmonton, Alb
    2006 - Camden, NJ x2
    2008 - Columbia, SC; VA Bch, VA
  • Options
    Eddie does not have to remember the lyrics. His fans got his back. If you go to Roo and expect not to see bands lit off their ass you are unrealistic. I am surprised someone was sober enough to notice! I will have a good time tonight even if Eddie falls down drunk off red wine. See you at the Saucer 3PM!! Blue Polo shirt and white cargo shorts.
    "Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency"
    ~Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    see you guys 3-330ish. cargo shorts and a R&R HOF shirt....look for the record spacer logo
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Walking out the door from North Atlanta right now. Pre-party I will probably be wearing a navy Georgia Southern hat.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    I spoke with someone at the CC and this is what they said. "The camera policy tonight is very strict that NONE will be allowed in the building."
    ~Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Hope to see everyone in a few hours. I am a stressed nightmare! Hope the party goes well. My daughter is trying to go buy benedryl to give me to knock me out I am so stressed :D
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mehitabelmehitabel Posts: 14

no Columbia, SC for me

Sorry, things fell apart on you--but without knowing the particulars I have to comment.

What you did was wrong, WRONG, WRONG! People travel together for a reason--SAFETY. You shouldn't have abandoned her, no matter what. Something like that happened to a girlfriend of mine and I will NEVER forgive that man for what happened after.
  • Options
    mehitabel wrote:
    Sorry, things fell apart on you--but without knowing the particulars I have to comment.

What you did was wrong, WRONG, WRONG! People travel together for a reason--SAFETY. You shouldn't have abandoned her, no matter what. Something like that happened to a girlfriend of mine and I will NEVER forgive that man for what happened after.

I gave her the choice to come with me or stay

what did i do wrong?

it's not my fault she made the wrong decision
  • Options
    2008-06-16Columbia South CarolinaColonial Center
    Set 1: Can't Keep, Why Go, All Night, Hail Hail, Sad, Severed Hand, Red Mosquito, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Off He Goes, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Present Tense, Whipping, I Got Id, Army Reserve, Glorified G, Do The Evolution
    Encore 1: Inside Job, Given To Fly, Education, W.M.A., Better Man, Save You, Porch
    Encore 2: No More, Footsteps, Alive
    Encore 3: Indifference
    ~Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    King47King47 Posts: 23
    What a show!!!! One magical night and a helluva crowd!! Many thanks to the orginizer(s) of the pre-party. Great location and some very cool prizes!! Thanks for all your hard work and effort, it really paid off! I will try to have all my pictures uploaded in the next few days. I am one lucky sumbitch with a SWEET Vegas poster for my wall, so a special THANK YOU to tdub!!!! I am sure I have left out a few but thanks a million to mindi and tdub for a great event. Way to go on mindi!!! Your first time organizing an event went smoooth, and I am not just saying that because I won something, it truly was an all-around great experience!
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE! www.wm3.org
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Sp upset that I missed the preparty. We got into town later than planned and just didn't have the time to get there and to the show on time. Hopefully everyone had a great time!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Fantastic job on the pre-party, I can't say enough nice things on well this event went...what a beer selection, what a great crowd....Thank You again to the organizers!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    balwal78balwal78 Posts: 74
    Sorry if these links don't work. I've never posted links to my cellblock account.

Some pics I took on my cell. Doesn't give you the full grasp of people there. I'm guessing 70 to 90 people???

http://cellblock.com/gallery/scddFLsPyxZieZboOYgA-2.jpg

http://cellblock.com/gallery/jyMeBOInueiPyCgrBPCv-2.jpg

Hey, that's me!

http://cellblock.com/gallery/cNcEBUWgaDOBLNNlnJAC-2.jpg

Short clip --

http://cellblock.com/popups/mugShot.htm?id=VPCNJkN_vQsRKhPMQISF
    Shows Attended:1996-09-28|1996-09-29|1998-08-29|1998-09-18|2000-09-02|
    2000-10-08|2000-10-09|2003-04-19|2003-04-28|2003-05-03|2005-09-15|
    2005-09-16|2008-06-16|2008-06-19|2008-06-20|2008-06-22
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Mindi.. tdub.. what's the scoop? Looks like the party went well!!!! What was the total raised!? :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Was bummed to miss the pre-party, we got stuck in some awful accident traffic on the outskirts of Atl and got there a lot later than we had planned. Hope everyone had an amazing night!!
  • Options
    edderlyjedderlyj Posts: 72
    I just want to thank everyone at Flying Saucer for wearing aprons over the backs of their skirts...and my buddy Casey (in the Ween shirt and Iron Maiden shoes) would like to thank leadbedr for the harddrive. I hate/love my buddy more now, but he assures me that I'll get all the music from it. Man, what a prize! Easily the best thing ever.

leadbedr? you really are a saint, sir. This will easily keep me and him busy for, oh...about a solid lifetime to pour through it all.

And thank you to pearl jam for remembering how to perform with a hang over (eddie anyway...not sure that there's any among them that still piss it away like the man in the middle).

Sorry if I missed meeting any of you...PJ fans like to say WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    THANK YOU!!! Fundraiser organizers(tdub,odie,and mindi)me and my mate had a blast also thanks to the beergodess's,and the flyin saucer for keeping the beers flowin.I lost my E.V shirt will they be avalible online? 10/5/96 9/4/98 8/4/00 8/6/00 4/19/03 6/16/08
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    oh man! i didn't meet any of you....i met people who never post on here :( or who aren't on the pit at all :o. what's up with that?! ;) but i was at the flying saucer beforehand...maybe next time :)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    I spoke with someone at the CC and this is what they said. "The camera policy tonight is very strict that NONE will be allowed in the building."

i got in with my camera....i just thought it was no professional cameras. :o
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    I loved meeting everyone at the party! To the guy, sorry I don't remember your name, the one who had to wait over two hours because they screwed up/lost your Ten Club tickets and you missed the raffle, I am so sorry :( I felt so badly. I hope that you got your tickets and enjoyed the show.

THANKS for all the donations! I had a blast at the party and can't wait to do another one.
    Thanks Trey for setting it all up. Thanks Brad for helping me and Emaline out soooooooo much!

Just got home awhile ago, trying to love on my kids and then crash! I haven't slept since last Thursday.

Laura, sending you a pm right now!

THANKS to everyone for just being soo awesome! The party was just so great!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Hey I managed to bring my camera in but our section was a bit rowdy and I couldn't get any unblurry pictures. If anyone got any good ones I would love some prints, (tdub LOL) I know you got some! Really tho anyone else???? Please!! I will pay for the prints.
  • Options
    gvn2fly74 wrote:
    THANK YOU!!! Fundraiser organizers(tdub,odie,and mindi)me and my mate had a blast also thanks to the beergodess's,and the flyin saucer for keeping the beers flowin.I lost my E.V shirt will they be avalible online? 10/5/96 9/4/98 8/4/00 8/6/00 4/19/03 6/16/08
    Which shirt was it? I still have some of the EV ones left.

We had a blast doing the party. I want to THANK my daughter Emaline, she was the one who did most of the change and handing out tickets. She called the raffle numbers. She was sooo much help for me!
  • Options
    I forgot to THANK Katrina!! I knew I would forget people, I am just beyond wiped out.
    Anyway Katrina, Thanks soo much for the donations and for being so friendly, introducing us to so many people whose names I will never remember :D

The fans you brought worked out great for us! Really great idea, I think everyone really appreciated them!