Hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    This is really sad.
    My condolences to her family.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    It's been a while since I've really been on the Pit, but I've come back on recently and noticed this. How very sad. I talked to hippiemom a few times through PM's, and we ended up going to the very same BHIC show, although I never saw her. We exchanged numbers so we could meet up but it never happened. It feels weird having someone's phone number in my cell that I can never call now.

Really puts things in perspective. All the wonderful memories I'm sure she had and the family and friends and it's a lesson to cherish everything to the absolute fullest extent. I am however glad she is no longer suffering. I believe she had a daughter around my age, she mentioned her a few times.

I will play that version of Long Road right now for her and her family and friends and everyone that held her close.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    My heart goes out to all of her friends and family.

RIP
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    my sympaties to her family & friends

rest in peace laura
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hard to believe i could ever be speechless. but right now, i am.

RIP laura. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Miss you already, miss you always.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7k9DImw-u_k
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    R.I.P hippiemom

sad day indeed

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    This is truly a sad day, and my heart goes out to her family and friends and all of you.

If you take nothing from this, atleast know that you need to live life to the fullest EVERYDAY!! I am not saying saying that she didnt because I didnt know her personally, but life is SO SO precious.

I used to be an angry person that came here and everywhere looking to start a fight or get inthe middle of something, and over the last few years, I have lost some friends and aquaintances to various illnesses, and nearly lost someone I use to think would be there forever. I have really changed and look at things differently.

Do not hold grudges...Do not take things for granted...tell the ones you care for that you love them whenever you can. You never know when life will be snatched right out from under you.

RIP
    HM :(
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    wow. so sad. :( my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

never talked to her.

its always sad to lose a fellow jammer.

we cant life for granted.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,426
    That sucks. Sorry to hear.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Unbelievable! My dad is fighting cancer as well. :(

it's just shocking. i can't believe she's gone. she will be missed so much :(

My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family. We have lost a member of our jamily and I am so deeply sad. :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    rock on, girl.

see you soon.
  • Options
    Rest in Peace Laura.

I took a spur of the moment road trip to Cleveland to see Laura a few months ago. We had become good friends and talked a lot on line and on the phone, especially after she was diagnosed with her cancer. We could compare notes, as I fought a battle with it and won, and we laughed and cried and bitched about medical systems and laughed again and sipped wine and toasted over the phone.
    When I got to Cleveland to meet Laura in person for the first time, I stood before a woman who had the strength, the will and the sense of humor to face this disease head on with dignity, grace and humor. That was the week that she was going to Germany for her treatment and it was so great to see her before she and her husband left.
    I also met that loving family, two daughters and her husband who are just so generous and giving. It definitely runs in the family!
    I hope for peace and happiness to Hippiemom’s family.

When we were talking about Pearl jam, ( or rather when she was laughing at my lack of knowledge of all the songs! :D ) we talked about Long Road. It’s my favorite Pearl Jam song, too. My favorite version is the one with Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, but I also love her favorite version, too, as Neil Young meant so much to both of us, too..

Hippiemom, you are so fortunate to have had such a great family, and they were so fortunate to have you.

Through your family the wonderful woman who is Hippiemom will live on.
    Through all who think for themselves, think about others, do for others, who make people think, and who make people laugh, the spirit of Hippiemom will live on.
    Peace to all who knew her.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JbVi4ME8vs

Love
    Bob
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    very, very sad...I never met her or talked to her, but I read her posts, and she always seemed to be upbeat. Terrible news to hear... :( Hopefully she is talking about PJ with Johnny Ramone right now :)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    My deepest sympathies to Laura's family and friends. I am so sorry for your loss.

I also would like to extend my sympathies to the jamily. A lot of you are very shocked and sad right now, myself included. Laura touched alot of us in many ways. We lost a great one this weekend. Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts of and experiences with Laura. You all are painting a beautiful picture. Be sound, Rod
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I guess I never thought this day would come... :(

I've been fortunate enough to meet and hang out w/Laura at different shows/fundraisers and what a chick! Made me laugh my ass off on several occasions.. dedicated.. caring.. intelligent... thoughtful... thought-provoking... funny... passionate... the list can go on and on.

Going to try to find more pics... just can't believe it. :(
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    I never met her, only interacted with her through here and the gabbly chat from time to time. I always enjoyed talking sports and music with her.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I guess I never thought this day would come... :(

I've been fortunate enough to meet and hang out w/Laura at different shows/fundraisers and what a chick! Made me laugh my ass off on several occasions.. dedicated.. caring.. intelligent... thoughtful... thought-provoking... funny... passionate... the list can go on and on.

Going to try to find more pics... just can't believe it. :(
    Me either! I'm jealous you actually got to meet her in person. I've only talked on the phone with her and online and here. She almost came to visit for the Gorge shows but decided it would be too much. :( I always loved her from her posts here, but when I finally talked to her it was awesome. She was quite the lady, for lack of a better word. We laughed and told stories (of course hers were better than mine to be sure!) Her Neil Young story blew my mind. I will miss her and I am so sorry we never met in person. Hopefully we will later on... :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    just caught wind of this... shocked.... it just seemed like last week I was flirting with her in Detroit (Laura would find this funny )

she was/is a beautiful person... we will all miss her much

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/Detroit%205-22-2006/CCFA-Detroit-5-22-06a.jpg
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ohh no :( :(:( I've been out of the country and just saw this now. I am so sad. I had the pleasure of meeting her once...she was a wonderful person...and gone WAY too soon. God Speed Laura. :(

My deepest sympaties go out to her family and friends :(
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    ThunderclapThunderclap Lexington, KY Posts: 108
    I didn't know her and I never got to meet her but it feels like someone very close to me is gone.

My heart goes out to her family. I'll be thinking of her when I hear Given To Fly and Longroad.
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person
  • Options
    rest in peace laura. hearing long road brings me to tears. so sad.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    i am so glad you posted this here helen. i am still in shock to know she really is gone. :( i never had the opportunity to meet her, and we both had planned on making it happen. we have spoken for years here...i shall forever cherish her letters and gifts all the more now. i hope all the love from this place at least touched her in some small way and as i said on the MT....she truly was so BELOVED here. there will be a gaping absence forevermore without our dear hippiemom.

love to you laura - wherever you might be!
    There are a lot of sad people all over the world right now... this is testimony to the kind of special person she was... I hope this is some kind of comfort to her family!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    This describes exactly how I feel about hippiemom. I can't believe this is true. My good thoughts go out to her family.
    Me too... when I saw bouse had posted in the thread I thought 'yay, another update' and when I read the first line :eek: :(

I listened to Copenhagen last night... long road and light years and even throw your arms around me sooooooo powerful.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

I also would like to extend my sympathies to the jamily.
    same here... as ed said in Copenhagen 'we're all in this together'

I never met her or even spoke to her and i'm devastated... so I can imagine there are a lot of broken people right now :( and I just don't have the words.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    oh wow... Wow.... *at a loss for words*

:(
    "sounds like pearl jam just had a three song orgasm."~~vacatetheword
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers go out to her family, and friends...and for Hippiemom
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    These news made me really sad...

Peace to all.

<3
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I was unable to access the board last night so apologies for this belated response.

This is horrible. I never met hippiemom but I could tell from her posts that she was a lovely person and I know she meant a great deal to a lot of people here. I remember when my Grandfather's body finally gave in to cancer and everyone felt so helpless. Sometimes you just can't fight anymore.

My thoughts are with her family. I will be listening to Long Road today.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    my heart goes out to her family

to ues ed's words " we lost one of the good ones"

*playing long rd*
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!