Options

Hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I am very sorry Jose.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    damm sad to hear my mother in law passed away this morning at 4:30am from cancer ....CANCER SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SO MUCH ....:(

Jose, I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers as well.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    My heart goes out to hippiemom's family and all of her good friends on here....she was probably the sweetest nicest person on this board and she will be missed so much.
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    :(

Never spoke to her, but I know how much she meant to people on here, most of whom never met her, so I can't possibly imagine how much she meant to her friends, family, and those of us who did meet her. My heart goes out to them all.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    thanks for evryone's well wishes but today should just be about HIPPIEMOM, she was one of us from here she never had a bad word to say about anybody here she will truly be missed god knows we need more HIPPIEMOMS in this world .........:(
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    So, so sorry to hear this about Hippiemom and Jose's MIL.

Love to Hippiemom and her family...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It's so sad. I'll miss hippiemom.

Jose, I'm so sorry about your mother in law.

Prayers and thoughts to both families.
  • Options
    She meant a whole lot to a lot of people here. Even if I didn't know her, this still makes me so sad.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    R.I.P. Laura.

I didn't know you well on the board, but your heart came out and really shone here... I can only imagine how much it radiated in person.

We'll all miss you.

-Scott
  • Options
    I've never talked to her, but I knew of her and knew what she was going thru from her posts. I know she meant a lot to all of you on here...this is truly a sad sad day :(
    Rest in Peace.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I am so sorry for you all....

My heart hurts for you...
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    i'm in shock and in total denial.

she fought for so long... i was really certain she was gonna beat this.

i'm so mad that i hava a huge headache right now

i'm so mad that tears can't come out

i am seeing laura laughing and drinking with friends at the pre party in Detroit... she was so beautiful.

its not hapening

i'm so sorry for her family and friends - thier loss is unimaginable
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    laura, you always made me smile. :) there are tears today, but no more when i think of your spirit, kindness, and inspiration. thank you laura.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    must be that time of year. my gf's mother had a massive tumor removed from her brain via surgery one week ago. it was a huge success though and she made it. my heart goes out to the families of all those who didn't.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    must be that time of year. my gf's mother had a massive tumor removed from her brain via surgery one week ago. it was a huge success though and she made it. my heart goes out to the families of all those who didn't.

Pardon me for making an ass out of myself... but what did you mean, "must be that time of year"?

that sounded really awful and made me madder!

sorry....not thinking clear today and i apologize in advance if i took it the wrong way.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    i am seeing laura laughing and drinking with friends at the pre party in Detroit... she was so beautiful.

what a lovely memory!! keep this one with you... :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    oh no :( my heart sank when i saw this at the top of the page.

my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    thanx for the sticky mods
  • Options
    Very sad.

My heart goes out to all those who knew and loved her.
  • Options
    i am so glad you posted this here helen. i am still in shock to know she really is gone. :( i never had the opportunity to meet her, and we both had planned on making it happen. we have spoken for years here...i shall forever cherish her letters and gifts all the more now. i hope all the love from this place at least touched her in some small way and as i said on the MT....she truly was so BELOVED here. there will be a gaping absence forevermore without our dear hippiemom.

love to you laura - wherever you might be!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Oh my god.

I am sobbing uncontrollably right now.
    The thing is, I bet none of us thought it could happen to her, even if she was so sick. She was too strong, too smart, too wise, too...

I truly feel like I just lost a family member.
    I can't imagine how her real family members feel like right now.
    I am truly speechless, and I don't think I'll be able to listen to that song for a while.

I had hoped to be able to offer a Vic ticket to her had I gotten through to them. I'm sure meeting her, had she been able to come, would have been the highlight of the experience.

I'm sure if there's a good place afterwards, she's in it.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    hearts and thoughts......

i had the honor of attending detroit 2006 with laura... i had 'met' her online, here, many years before that.
    i have to say her company provided me with one of THE best concert experiences i have ever had

this is so sad.
    the world has lost a truly fabulous person and many of us have lost a truly fabulous friend.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    deepest sympathy to your family. so very sad.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    This is absolutely heartrending!

I think that as a community we should all play "long road" at least once today to honor HippieMom.

I hope her path is easier away from the pain of the body - she is truly glowing now...

I think we should each play "LONG ROAD" and think of HippieMom, a person whom, even if you never met her, has altered your own path...as we all adjust and bump and shift each other -whenever we come into contact with other souls...honor the connection (even if it is only made through the filaments of computer wires ;) )

Peace people! :)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    I knew it was coming. I didn't think it would be this soon though, it makes me sad to know.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    meme wrote:

The thing is, I bet none of us thought it could happen to her, even if she was so sick. She was too strong, too smart, too wise, too...

This describes exactly how I feel about hippiemom. I can't believe this is true. My good thoughts go out to her family.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    My thoughts go out to her loved ones....peace.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    This is so sad. I never met hippiemom, but I remember her posts. She always seemed kind, fair and honest.

If anyone ever doubts the effect their words have in a place like this board...look around today. Hippiemom sowed a lot of good karma with people who never even met her. I hope she's in a peaceful place.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    Wow. Shit this has really made me choke, I didn't know her too well but she'll be sorely missed.

Cancer killed my granddad. Cancer is a fuckhead.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison