Options

My first 'dinner guests'

Comments

• Options
    Come on you girls MUSTN'T have had decent seafood... no other explanation for it. Seafood shouldn't be any chewier than the 'nice fish' you said you like..

Seafood makes the world go round..

Actually the sea makes the fish go round but hey..

Now, why did you have to appear now? I thought 'I'll bet harmless or Trixie will have something to say about this'.

I still don't get seafood. It just tastes like salt to me. :o

And oysters... You're not supposed to chew them, so how can you say they taste nice?
  • Options
    I don't know about tasting like salt... it's the whole texture that does it for me. And I've tried a few times. I will try anytime somebody insists and I always end up having to spit it out.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Now, why did you have to appear now? I thought 'I'll bet harmless or Trixie will have something to say about this'.

I still don't get seafood. It just tastes like salt to me. :o

And oysters... You're not supposed to chew them, so how can you say they taste nice?

To be fair, I don't like oysters.

And why did I appear? I am omnipresent! Mwa ha ha ha!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I can't stand prawns. I just chew them and chew them but they WILL NOT go down my throat. I'm classy. :cool:

I want to enjoy seafood too. Especially lobster. Unfortunetely, it doesn't taste how it looks. It looks like it should taste like pork but, no.
  • Options
    I can't stand prawns. I just chew them and chew them but they WILL NOT go down my throat. I'm classy. :cool:

I want to enjoy seafood too. Especially lobster. Unfortunetely, it doesn't taste how it looks.

Where do you get your seafood from? Tell you where you want to eat lobster and prawn from (if the cash lands in your lap)... Bennihana.

Mmmmmmmm.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    I only had lobster once, and that was in Maine. It was delicious but damn it's a lot of work especially if you never had lobster before.

Oh and Hels, if I ever come to dinner, no kids portions please ;)
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Where do you get your seafood from? Tell you where you want to eat lobster and prawn from (if the cash lands in your lap)... Bennihana.

Mmmmmmmm.

I'm thinking of abroad. I don't eat seafood here because I'll order something else instead. Apart from the prawns. (His) mum or sister usually cooks them and his sister was the head of British Gas' personal chef... so she can cook! (I had to slip that in). :p:D
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    I only had lobster once, and that was in Maine. It was delicious but damn it's a lot of work especially if you never had lobster before.

Oh and Hels, if I ever come to dinner, no kids portions please ;)
    :) Deal. And just in case I DO fuck it up, I'll count you as two people :) . IN fairness the husband couldn't finish his (but he IS dying of the cold) but the wife had two portions of desert :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

Mmmmmmmm.
    I've tried several times... actually never lobster or oyster but I've tried prawns, shrimp, crab, mussels, calamari... and I just can't eat them. And I've even tried in some pretty reputable seafood restaurants.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :) Deal. And just in case I DO fuck it up, I'll count you as two people :) . IN fairness the husband couldn't finish his (but he IS dying of the cold) but the wife had two portions of desert :D

I'm not really a big eater, but I'm hungry almost constantly. And occasionally I do eat abnormally large amounts of food. :D

Today I had two bowls of cornflakes and a sandwich for breakfast (well breakfast, around 10), two bowls of soups and two sandwiches for lunch (at noon), I just had another bowl of soup and another sandwich, also some cake and chocolate (yes, delicious Belgian chocolate), some cookies and I'm hungry as hell!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i ate an Octopus once... (queue cheap gag about me having oral sex with a deformed woman with 8 fannies) but no seriously i ate an octupus... i dont like whelks or cockles but i'll eat any other kinda fish.. and the whole prawn/langoustine/lobster thing is awesomeness encapsulated.

i love Rick Stein as well... one day i plan on buying him a pint as well :D fucking great joke that... a scotsman buying someone a pint!!! classic :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    I'm not really a big eater, but I'm hungry almost constantly. And occasionally I do eat abnormally large amounts of food. :D

Today I had two bowls of cornflakes and a sandwich for breakfast (well breakfast, around 10), two bowls of soups and two sandwiches for lunch (at noon), I just had another bowl of soup and another sandwich, also some cake and chocolate (yes, delicious Belgian chocolate), some cookies and I'm hungry as hell!
    :D LMAO... so ya like soup and sandwiches and cereal? Soup, sandwiches and cereal are MY specialties :)

You bring the chocolate though, ok?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    :o that is indeed SERIOUSLY gay :D but thanks for the tip. Spag Bol for dinner all week then so :)
    Helen, if the beef is not cooked you should cook it tonite. Ground beef is only good for 3-5 days after you purchase it. It does not get better tasting after a week; it gets worse for you.
    If it is cooked, it will last longer.
    And if it is turning colors, like getting darker, toss it.
    :o sorry.....just don't want you to end up in hospital
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i ate an Octopus once... (queue cheap gag about me having oral sex with a deformed woman with 8 fannies) but no seriously i ate an octupus... i dont like whelks or cockles but i'll eat any other kinda fish.. and the whole prawn/langoustine/lobster thing is awesomeness encapsulated.
    and how was the octopus? Grateful? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Helen, if the beef is not cooked you should cook it tonite. Ground beef is only good for 3-5 days after you purchase it. It does not get better tasting after a week; it gets worse for you.
    If it is cooked, it will last longer.
    And if it is turning colors, like getting darker, toss it.
    :o sorry.....just don't want you to end up in hospital
    :) thank you... well I do have a fair idea of when meat is gone off but I reckon it will be alright tonight hopefully!

Last time I'll take cooking tips from dunkhead :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D LMAO... so ya like soup and sandwiches and cereal? Soup, sandwiches and cereal are MY specialties :)

You bring the chocolate though, ok?

That's all we have in the house :D Oh and fruit, I think I already ate two apples as well.

I basically like anything except asparagus and mushrooms (regular mushrooms). And oyster because if I'm in the mood for some salt I'll eat a spoonful of salt.

But I'll eat anything at least once, or try to eat it anyway.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    :) thank you... well I do have a fair idea of when meat is gone off but I reckon it will be alright tonight hopefully!

Last time I'll take cooking tips from dunkhead :D

see when you see beef on a shelf.. and one is red and one is reddy brown.. buy the brown one.. its been aged longer and so therefore has more flavour and is much tenderererererer.

i'm not a great cook.. but i love food and 'know' about it.. Trixie can barely make a sandwich.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    see when you see beef on a shelf.. and one is red and one is reddy brown.. buy the brown one.. its been aged longer and so therefore has more flavour and is much tenderererererer.

i'm not a great cook.. but i love food and 'know' about it.. Trixie can barely make a sandwich.

LOL

• Options
    dunkman wrote:

Are you trying to kill her???
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

That's what they say on Ready Steady Cook. (I'm not sure it applies to minced beef though)?
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    That's all we have in the house :D Oh and fruit, I think I already ate two apples as well.

I basically like anything except asparagus and mushrooms (regular mushrooms). And oyster because if I'm in the mood for some salt I'll eat a spoonful of salt.

But I'll eat anything at least once, or try to eat it anyway.
    :D Oh me too. I'm actually NOT a fussy eater. I'll try most things but if it doesn't mean I have to like them all :D

Hmm... you don't like mushrooms? :o damn... I'll have to change my spag bol recipe :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    That's what they say on Ready Steady Cook. (I'm not sure it applies to minced beef though)?

Don't listen to them. They pronounce Chorizo (Choree-tho), 'Choritzo.' :rolleyes:

• Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

shhhh!!!

browner beef is better!!! it's been hung 21 days or more.. i even eat it raw... some olive oil, mozzarella and raw beef... nothing wrong with that :)
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :D I might be ok... I had some garlic mushrooms the other night... the best before date was november 2005 :eek: which I only noticed AFTER I ate them :D . I regularly ignore best before dates and I'm not dead yet... but I'd rather buy the red meat and have it a little chewier...than buy the brown meat and die :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    shhhh!!!

browner beef is better!!! it's been hung 21 days or more.. i even eat it raw... some olive oil, mozzarella and raw beef... nothing wrong with that :)

Tell you what there ain't nothing better than a nice beef carpaccio.

• Options
    Don't listen to them. They pronounce Chorizo (Choree-tho), 'Choritzo.' :rolleyes:
    h mmmm... I thought it was choreezo :confused: doesn't matter... I don't like the stuff :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :eek:
    Are you and Dunk in cahoots????

Anyone that doesn't know the people around here:
    DO NOT BUY THE BROWN MEAT!

Helen, next time cook up the whole batch of sauce and freeze it. This way you can be lazy next time you accidentally invite over some guests and not worry about going to hospital as well.
  • Options
    h mmmm... I thought it was choreezo :confused: doesn't matter... I don't like the stuff :D

Some regions pronounce it 'choree-so' but most of the time, 'z' is pronounced 'th', the same as the Spanish 'c'.

• Options
    dunkman wrote:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1691115,00.html

Mmmm...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options

It depends on where in the world they're from, I guess.

I always thought steak was better if it was slightly brown but maybe not so much mince because, I presume it's usually not such a good cut of beef. :D I doubt they hang it, unlike beef that used for mince. (I'm laughing because I sound like I've no clue what I'm talking about). hahahaa