>>Australian Football League Thread<<

Comments

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    And what about that 6 natioins cup. Do Aussies have to change form one rule systeem to another?

what do you mean? AFL is only played in Australia there is no other version.. Rugby is Rugby ands AFL is something else.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Still I hear all those Americans brag that American rugby( sorry I can't say football) is so tactical and is superior to football. What then is the difference? Why is normal rugby just running and Aussie rules more tactical? Isn’t the principal the same get it past the line?

what's even funnier are americans saying their 'football' is better than the world game - called soccer in our parts

there's just no contest, is there?

did you say GO CROWS tim? :D i'll let that geelong comment slide
    wah
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Zoso wrote:
    I'm bias because I'm a big AFL fan and have been all my life... I could prolly explain AFL to you all night and you wouldnt understand it. Its like NO OTHER game in the world. The biggest playing area, you can run with the ball, 4 goal posts and the idea is to kick the ball in the 2 middle posts (6 points, full points, anyother posts is 1 point). 18 players on the field at once, the player needs to bounce the oval shaped ball ever *** metres (forget how many metres it is).... oh and the geelong cats are the best team but EVERYONE knows that hey Rostrevor.

My aunt is from Geelong. It sound like it that it has more right to be called football than the american style.:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    what's even funnier are americans saying their 'football' is better than the world game - called soccer in our parts

I need to move to Melbourne haha and leave these Crow fans for good.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    My aunt is from Geelong. It sound like it that it has more right to be called football than the american style.:D

yeah and unlike American Football we don't have any padding.

Zoso wrote:
    I need to move to Melbourne haha and leave these Crow fans for good.

leave behind that tambourine :D
    wah
    leave behind that tambourine :D

me and my tabourine are going with me.... without being bias whos your pick for the flag this year? For me I pick Sydney again.

Zoso wrote:
    me and my tabourine are going with me.... without being bias whos your pick for the flag this year? For me I pick Sydney again.

that's like asking to pick a favourite brother! (both suck)

i'm saying it's ANYONES :)

forget freo and the saints...maybe demons and bulldogs too...

:p
    wah
    that's like asking to pick a favourite brother! (both suck)

i'm saying it's ANYONES :)

forget freo and the saints...maybe demons and bulldogs too...

ok so just do it like u had to pick a fav brother even though they both suck in your opinion.

Zoso wrote:
    ok so just do it like u had to pick a fav brother even though they both suck in your opinion.

NO :D

can i ask who the hell organises a get-together on sunday, showdown day?

i need an excuse bad, help me out peeps :o
    wah

Oh I would let everyone enjoy there sport. I am into a lot of different ones myself. The part that I find really funny is that someone feels the need to view their sport as supirior over another.

For me there is no contest. I like football the best. But there are a lot of other sports I enjoy as well. Yet for football I'll stay home.
    Zoso wrote:
    yeah and unlike American Football we don't have any padding.

That is right you don´t have protection, but you don't have any teeth either.:D hahaha.
    That is right you don´t have protection, but you don't have any teeth either.:D hahaha.

Aussie bloked are tough for sure

NO :D

can i ask who the hell organises a get-together on sunday, showdown day?

i need an excuse bad, help me out peeps :o

I'm not gong 2 be around on the weekend. We should organise a pj get-together on Grand Final day? That would be cool.

Zoso wrote:
    I'm not gong 2 be around on the weekend. We should organise a pj get-together on Grand Final day? That would be cool.

only if you all want to watch me do checkout all day HAHAHAHA!!! :D

i've worked the past 2 finals, though this year i will be 'sick' though on GFD :o like i'm 'sick' this sunday for the showdown ;)

port are so shite i can't believe the pies didn't spray on 'em last week :mad:
    wah
    only if you all want to watch me do checkout all day HAHAHAHA!!! :D

i've worked the past 2 finals, though this year i will be 'sick' though on GFD :o like i'm 'sick' this sunday for the showdown ;)

port are so shite i can't believe the pies didn't spray on 'em last week :mad:

your feeling better now I hope stella haha... Hope crows get pumped now that u told work a little white lie lol. We will have the meet-up at coles, burnside than.

no more fox footy!!! WTF! At my place there is only one channel... Fox Footy. damn.

Zoso wrote:
    your feeling better now I hope stella haha... Hope crows get pumped now that u told work a little white lie lol. We will have the meet-up at coles, burnside than.

no more fox footy!!! WTF! At my place there is only one channel... Fox Footy. damn.

you may have a good time tim, there's a quite a few good charlotte fans working checkout there you might want to get to know better, bahaha! :D

oh yeh, the footy is on 7 too next year right?
    wah
    you may have a good time tim, there's a quite a few good charlotte fans working checkout there you might want to get to know better, bahaha! :D

oh yeh, the footy is on 7 too next year right?

wow good charlotte fans really?? Might drop by there Saturday and you can introduce them to me.. or just put it a good word.

Zoso wrote:
    wow good charlotte fans really?? Might drop by there Saturday and you can introduce them to me.. or just put it a good word.

even better, why don't i just give 'em your number :D

go crows :p
    wah
    even better, why don't i just give 'em your number :D

go crows :p

put in a good word say what a sensational guy I am... (and sarcasim seems to be my 1st language tonight).

noooo as a general rule I steer clear of Good Charlotte fans. generally hehe.

but pearl jam and matchobox twenty or 20 fans on the other hand haha.

Zoso wrote:
    put in a good word say what a sensational guy I am... (and sarcasim seems to be my 1st language tonight).

noooo as a general rule I steer clear of Good Charlotte fans. generally hehe.

but pearl jam and matchobox twenty or 20 fans on the other hand haha.

i know you love 'em tim, don't deny it!!!

bet your humming long day right NOW :D

i still haven't done my footy tips

freo v eagles, dunno :o
    wah
    Matchbox 20 or GC?

Zoso wrote:
    Matchbox 20 or GC?

does it really matter :D
    wah
    does it really matter :D

yeah well Matchbox Twenty are the greatest we know that Stella!! Are the GC girls at Burnside worth coming in for on Saturday : ))))

I think The Eagles will win... thats not an insider pick thats just my gut feeling.

Zoso wrote:
    yeah well Matchbox Twenty are the greatest we know that Stella!! Are the GC girls at Burnside worth coming in for on Saturday : ))))

I think The Eagles will win... thats not an insider pick thats just my gut feeling.

LOL :D

nooooo don't! i have a 7am shift i think, or is that friday? i wanna be there to see the integration of pearl jam fan and goodcharlotte fan HAHAHAHA! :D

might go with eagles, night tim!
    wah
    LOL :D

nooooo don't! i have a 7am shift i think, or is that friday? i wanna be there to see the integration of pearl jam fan and goodcharlotte fan HAHAHAHA! :D

might go with eagles, night tim!

night stella

haha pearl jam meets good charloote.. not a great match I would have thought not much in common!!!

Zoso wrote:
    night stella

haha pearl jam meets good charloote.. not a great match I would have thought not much in common!!!

they say opposites attract tim ;)

footy tips are in
    wah
    they say opposites attract tim ;)

footy tips are in

This weeks tips were pretty easy compared to last week I thought.. Flirted with the idea of picking Melb but couldnt't go cats! Ofcourse the CROWS will pump The Power and The Eagles will beat Dockers. They are due for a loss and I I'm not 100% confident of Freo in the finals yet. I think they will do go back to their normal trend sooner or later.

opposites attract huh? well I have heard that bandied around many times young lady but can't see it working for me because for I am the music nazi hehe.. no I'm not that bad. They may attract but not that extreme opposite I couldnt take her seriously. But than again it would depend on who this GC fan was, persona and her general appearance haha.. a little off topic. I'm blaming Stella she started it.

you ARE a music nazi :D

a DRAW :mad: wouldn't have picked that one for the cats :o
    wah
    not much of a drinker so no drowning my sorrows :o

any suggestions on how to ease the pain? :(

no other person i hate more in AFL than CHAD CORNES :mad:

GO FREO :D

wah