Options

Bad night to be single...

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
New Years sucks being single and having your closest friends either at work or in a different city...

A night alone with some red wine and a dvd methinks...

Still, here's to 2008...
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Although it has been a while since I have been single, I do remember that New Year's Eve is not the best night for that. It always made me feel lonely. But you can enjoy it anyway. Be happy, listen to PJ, try to stay awake.....
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,664
    May I recommend picking someone up to get through the holidays? No, seriously, when I'm by myself, I'm in pretty good company. Have a good one.
  • Options
    eh, I've got nothing to do either, but I don't feel any different from last year when I had a boyfriend and we went out on new years. new years is so overrated. just treat it like any other night.
  • Options
    I've learned to just enjoy my own company recently. Seriously, I'm the only person who truly understands me. Enjoy it. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    well im spending new years alone. just me and a giant house.....kinda sucks but oh well. PJ DVD marathon for me!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    well im spending new years alone. just me and a giant house.....kinda sucks but oh well. PJ DVD marathon for me!

parents gone?

sometimes you gotta say "what the fuck"......;)
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    New Years sucks being single and having your closest friends either at work or in a different city...

Still, here's to 2008...
    Oh, please. New Year's eve isn't about being with someone. Alone or in a group, single or attached it means what it means: a brand new year.

Make a good one and not a pitiful thing.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

Still, here's to 2008...

Meh, an excuse to be completely hedonistic. Crank up music, get a little drunk and make some new friends.

Being single is definately enhanced by single friends..... but you can have a hell of a lot of fun, and do quite well on a night like tonight. Town is the barrel people are the fish.... Fish in a barrel

Off with the old. Everything is fresh and new.... nothing to dwell on.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314

Still, here's to 2008...

seriously....do you have a favorite restaurant where you like going? I spent last year single and went to my fav bistro, fed myself an excellent meal, a few martinis and lots of laughs with the people in there. Yes, most, if not all were couples but who cares? It was my night. I agree that it's typically a night for couples but screw that....if you're spending it alone, you can do it one of two ways - crying in your drink because you're alone or show yourself a good time and say FTW. The night is as good as you make it. If a good time is red wine and DVD, then it's a success.

I have party plans tonight otherwise, I was going to go to my fav place again.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    parents gone?

repeat X2
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    cutback wrote:
    parents gone?

workin..
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623

Still, here's to 2008...
    I'm in Lincoln! :p

Well, close to it. I have no life either. Here's to a fun evening! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options

That doesn't sound a bad idea :D
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    Well it is a big party night. people meet and hook up at parties and bars. Perhaps you should give it a shot somewhere for a little bit. I mean being able to check out the other singles has it's advantages.

I'll be at home with the gf, but speaking from past experiences being with someone isnt all it's cracked up to be either. make the most of it.

Failing that, just get ripped.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:
    seriously....do you have a favorite restaurant where you like going? I spent last year single and went to my fav bistro, fed myself an excellent meal, a few martinis and lots of laughs with the people in there. Yes, most, if not all were couples but who cares? It was my night. I agree that it's typically a night for couples but screw that....if you're spending it alone, you can do it one of two ways - crying in your drink because you're alone or show yourself a good time and say FTW. The night is as good as you make it. If a good time is red wine and DVD, then it's a success.

I have party plans tonight otherwise, I was going to go to my fav place again.

I never thought of new years as a night for couples at all, I always think of it as a big party night, not a solitary date night. Last year I did go on a solitary date...but only because I had nothing else to do.
  • Options
    I never thought of new years as a night for couples at all, I always think of it as a big party night, not a solitary date night. Last year I did go on a solitary date...but only because I had nothing else to do.

same here......several years ago my buddy had a new years party and as midnight approached, his (now ex) wife was worried i'd have no one to kiss :confused: so what? is it the end of the world if you are alone? i prefer it actually......merry new years....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    same here......several years ago my buddy had a new years party and as midnight approached, his (now ex) wife was worried i'd have no one to kiss :confused: so what? is it the end of the world if you are alone? i prefer it actually......merry new years....:)

I did once go to a new years eve party where I was the *only* single person. not only was everyone in a couple, they were like *married* with *children* couples. It sucked not because I was single, but because these people were L-A-M-E. And, like your buddy's wife, they seemed to feel bad for me because I was single...I was like whatever, I feel bad for you cuz you're LAME.
  • Options
    tish wrote:
    May I recommend picking someone up to get through the holidays? No, seriously, when I'm by myself, I'm in pretty good company. Have a good one.
    Hah I've been pretty good company the last couple of nights. A party of one:o
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    I did once go to a new years eve party where I was the *only* single person. not only was everyone in a couple, they were like *married* with *children* couples. It sucked not because I was single, but because these people were L-A-M-E. And, like your buddy's wife, they seemed to feel bad for me because I was single...I was like whatever, I feel bad for you cuz you're LAME.

yep.....why do couples always want everybody else to be a couple too? to share in their misery? ;):D
  • Options
    tonight is kinda reminding me of how I have so few friends in this city...well state, region...side of the country...but I still don't really care about not doing anything tonight. I'll feel healthier tomorrow, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Deep_DKDeep_DK Posts: 151
    Hey, I'm single and sick...can anybody beat that??

It sucks being stucked at home when you know everyone is out having a great time.
    It's not a crime to free your mind.
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I think I have being out drinking for alot of christmas. I'm single but I'll have a few beers tonight and see how it goes.

Happy new year to fellow jammers
  • Options
    Order in some hookers and pizza...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options

Still, here's to 2008...
    Eh..it's all about how you look at it imo. Aren't you more likely to get a good smooch @ midnight? HMMMM??

My closest friends are in the NJ/NYC area, but fuck it...I'm headin' out this eve...gonna make new friends.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Well, I'm single and it does kinda suck on New Years. Oh well, that much more motivation to go out and meet some chicks!
  • Options
    I've learned to just enjoy my own company recently. Seriously, I'm the only person who truly understands me. Enjoy it. :)

I like that answer. hehe :D
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Eh..it's all about how you look at it imo. Aren't you more likely to get a good smooch @ midnight? HMMMM??

My closest friends are in the NJ/NYC area, but fuck it...I'm headin' out this eve...gonna make new friends.

This is why I wish I was still in America. 'Making friends' is an unknown concept here.. people think you're either needy and naive or a sex offender.

• Options
    This is why I wish I was still in America. 'Making friends' is an unknown concept here.. people think you're either needy and naive or a sex offender.

people make friends in america? certainly you are not referring to the north east.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Somehow, someway, New Year's Eve is worse then Valentines, your birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, going to your best friends or any family members wedding while being single. Wow!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    people make friends in america? certainly you are not referring to the north east.

People were pretty flipping friendly to me in Florida, and I'd never met them before.