The Nintendo Wii kicks so much ass

Comments

• bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    I just picked up a Wii last night. Wii Sports is off the chain. My wife who sucks at video games beat me in tennis last night, so it's really a system non gamers can pick up easy. I bought Super Paper Mario this morning and can't wait to get home to play it.
  • stu gee wrote:
    You can get games like that on playstation without having to put up with the big releases being aimed at school kids though.

A video game console should not cost $500+. That's just f*cking ridiculous.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    A video game console should not cost $500+. That's just f*cking ridiculous.

It's also a Blu Ray player.
    Those are 1000. Which, admittedly, is even more f*cking ridiculous.
  • kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    can anyone recommend good games for 9 year olds?
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    kinetic wrote:
    Wii Play or even WarioWare. The games are short, fun, easy to understand and laso teach you how to use the console so your kid can go on to other game easily once theyve played those two.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Rygar wrote:
    It's also a Blu Ray player.
    Those are 1000. Which, admittedly, is even more f*cking ridiculous.
    on what planet are blu ray players 1000

399-499 for a good one
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
    kinetic wrote:
    mario party is cool for the who family. I thinking about getting mario strickers Soccer
    like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    on what planet are blu ray players 1000

399-499 for a good one

Well what fucking planet do you THINK we all live on?
    This one, or this new combo one is nice, isn't it?

Price drops in HD players are fairly recent occurrences, like:
    this one, by Sony, or this one, by Samsung.
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Rygar wrote:
    Well what fucking planet do you THINK we all live on?
    This one, or this new combo one is nice, isn't it?

Price drops in HD players are fairly recent occurrences, like:
    this one, by Sony, or this one, by Samsung.

Settle down Rygar. That was a little harsh.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
    Hartydog wrote:
    Settle down Rygar. That was a little harsh.

Go read some of his other posts if you think it was harsh.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i played this at a friend's house last nite....so much fun! i bowled a 174 :p haha
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i read the thread title as 'sucks so much ass'

oops

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • JibitiJibiti Posts: 265
    Super Mario Galaxy in less than a month. Very psyched for it. :D
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • I refuse to buy this out of fear strange asian gentlemen will show up at my door and spend the whole day schooling me in bowling, golf, tennis and every other title I might own.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    mario party is cool for the who family. I thinking about getting mario strickers Soccer

My kids (10 and 7) like Mario Strikers. Wii Sports gets most of the attention though. Lego Star Wars comes out in a month which will be fun, but it looks like Super Smash Brothers Brawl has been delayed. Also Super Monkey Ball for the Wii sucked, glad that one was only a rental. The mini games were horrible.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I got one of those Naiko battery pack/charger things and the damn things won't charge!
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    OK, just picked up a Wii for the kids for Christmas. They are 9 and 6. Any must-have games? The guy at the store said Paper Mario.

What is Madden like?

Call of Duty looks cool (but I wouldn't let them play that one of course).
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Flagg wrote:
    OK, just picked up a Wii for the kids for Christmas. They are 9 and 6. Any must-have games? The guy at the store said Paper Mario.

What is Madden like?

Call of Duty looks cool (but I wouldn't let them play that one of course).

I'd recommend Lego Star Wars for the Wii, it comes out Nov 6. The gamecube versions were a lot of fun and kept my kids busy, I'm sure they'll get this one too.

Super Mario Galaxy (comes out Nov. 12?) is probably a better bet than Paper Mario. Read a few good reviews about this one.

My daughter (who is 10) had a chance to play the Ben 10 game that comes out Oct. 30th, and really liked it.

Big Brain Academy is good, makes them think. Mrs. Merkinball likes this one.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    merkinball wrote:
    I'd recommend Lego Star Wars for the Wii, it comes out Nov 6. The gamecube versions were a lot of fun and kept my kids busy, I'm sure they'll get this one too.

Super Mario Galaxy (comes out Nov. 12?) is probably a better bet than Paper Mario. Read a few good reviews about this one.

My daughter (who is 10) had a chance to play the Ben 10 game that comes out Oct. 30th, and really liked it.

Big Brain Academy is good, makes them think. Mrs. Merkinball likes this one.

Thanks.

Have you tried Metroid Prime 3?

Really looking forward to Smash Brothers.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'd just like to point out, Wii has recently passed up XBox 360 in sales.. Nintendo is back on top.. I NEED to get my hands on a Wii so I can play Super Mario Galaxy! Where can I find a Wii damnit!
    Flagg wrote:
    Thanks.

Have you tried Metroid Prime 3?

Really looking forward to Smash Brothers.
    I was actually going to say, Metroid is an excellent game, loads to do, lasts for ages but its not a kids game, the puzzles would probably be too much. You should pick up Mario Galaxy, kids will love it and you'll probably find yourself having a crack at it.

Dublin 08/06
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    omg. WII is DEFINITELY king!!! saturday night me & my best guy frenz were playing the boxxxing game. oh MAN i freakin LOVED it!!!! i was bobbin' & weavin' and i even beat that one mexxxican foo with the teardrop on his face. My bf said he was SO hard to beat as well as the korean guy with glasses. i knocked them BOTH out!!! :D we all worked up a major sweat at 4am playing this game. i LOVE it and i NEED to find one!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK! wrote:
    omg. WII is DEFINITELY king!!! saturday night me & my best guy frenz were playing the boxxxing game. oh MAN i freakin LOVED it!!!! i was bobbin' & weavin' and i even beat that one mexxxican foo with the teardrop on his face. My bf said he was SO hard to beat as well as the korean guy with glasses. i knocked them BOTH out!!! :D we all worked up a major sweat at 4am playing this game. i LOVE it and i NEED to find one!!!!!
    Howd you find baseball? Maybe its just me but its no fun to watch OR play :p I just can't get the knack of it. Bowling is a laugh with your mates round :)

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Howd you find baseball? Maybe its just me but its no fun to watch OR play :p I just can't get the knack of it. Bowling is a laugh with your mates round :)

whaddup B? not baseball, BOXXXING!!! and we played Tennis and that bowling thingis DEFINITELY damn funny!!! My friend was doing the whole leg behind leg thing & we were laughing so hard!!! Im feeling the soreness from boxxxing rigt about now. :eek:

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

SENROCK! wrote:
    whaddup B? not baseball, BOXXXING!!! and we played Tennis and that bowling thingis DEFINITELY damn funny!!! My friend was doing the whole leg behind leg thing & we were laughing so hard!!! Im feeling the soreness from boxxxing rigt about now. :eek:
    I know you were talking about boxing I was just wondering what you thought about the baseball ya eejit :p Tennis is sooooo funny especially when the person you're playing is convinced theyre Rodger Federer :rolleyes::D

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    I know you were talking about boxing I was just wondering what you thought about the baseball ya eejit :p Tennis is sooooo funny especially when the person you're playing is convinced theyre Rodger Federer :rolleyes::D

hahahahaha yes! its hilarious! my friend was acting like it was a real match telling us to keep quiet so he can focus! pffffff :D

SENROCK! wrote:
    hahahahaha yes! its hilarious! my friend was acting like it was a real match telling us to keep quiet so he can focus! pffffff :D
    You should have went John McEnroe on his ass and hit him with the Wii-mote (I know its a remote but Wii-mote is just fun to say:D).
    By the way could you do me a favour? Drop by Mcready's and ask him and guys to play a few US summer shows, I wanna check them out on 'their turf' and summer would be awesome. If you could do that I'd appreciate very much :)

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    You should have went John McEnroe on his ass and hit him with the Wii-mote (I know its a remote but Wii-mote is just fun to say:D).
    By the way could you do me a favour? Drop by Mcready's and ask him and guys to play a few US summer shows, I wanna check them out on 'their turf' and summer would be awesome. If you could do that I'd appreciate very much :)

HAHAHAHA!!! Wii-mote!!! i LOVE THAT!!! :D
    ya know, i was thinking of stoppin by The Masters house this week. My bday is comin up & i wanted him & the guys to join me for a bon fire at the beach. I will definitely put in your request for some shows ASAP out here. I'll even try to get him to give you some tickets to any and all shows out this way ok? ;)

SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHA!!! Wii-mote!!! i LOVE THAT!!! :D
    ya know, i was thinking of stoppin by The Masters house this week. My bday is comin up & i wanted him & the guys to join me for a bon fire at the beach. I will definitely put in your request for some shows ASAP out here. I'll even try to get him to give you some tickets to any and all shows out this way ok? ;)
    You're a star :)

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    You're a star :)

anything for you B! :)

"Wii" really need to have some Wii stations set up at shows to keep everyone occupied til doors open!!!! can u just IMMAGINE that?!