Options

Best Shout Out By A Fan...

Comments

• Options
    arhoopsarhoops Posts: 110
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Haha, yeah, that's great. Especially on the DVD, Eddie notices it and gets a funny face and says something. :)

There is one from Grand Rapids 06, I can't remember which song now, but it's a hard one, but right before it starts you can hear someone yell "Mike fucking rocks!" then the song starts.

From the same show, right after Sad, you can hear my friend Mike, it was his first show, and he was cheering for Boom but thought his name was Boon, lol, so if you listen closely you can hear 'BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN!"

Grand Rapids 04-

[While introducing Gob Roberts]

Guy- Marry me Eddie!

Crowd- Laughs

Eddie- I don't think we can do it here, we'll have to move to another state, is that okay sweety?

Crowd laughs

As for Grand Rapids 06...

Mike fucking rocks comes up during the recorded intro of Severed Hand...
    I also love the guy who screams "Seatbelts motherfuckers" before Do The Evolution.
    i only own my mind- i am mine.

Detroit 2- 2003, Toledo- 2004, Grand Rapids- 2004, Kitchener- 2005, London- 2005, Hamilton- 2005, Toronto 1- 2006, Toronto 2- 2006, Grand Rapids- 2006. Cleveland- 2006, Detroit- 2006, Lollapalooza- 2007, Mansfield 1- 2008
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Santa Barbara 2003......"Rock out with your cock out"
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    how bout black on benaroya, just before ed starts singing...
    sounds like the guy says "this song is so GOOD!!"
    always cracks me up
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I agree with Sammy!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    arhoops wrote:
    Grand Rapids 04-

[While introducing Gob Roberts]

Guy- Marry me Eddie!

Crowd- Laughs

Eddie- I don't think we can do it here, we'll have to move to another state, is that okay sweety?

Crowd laughs

As for Grand Rapids 06...

Mike fucking rocks comes up during the recorded intro of Severed Hand...
    I also love the guy who screams "Seatbelts motherfuckers" before Do The Evolution.

Haha yeah thanks! I forgot about that seatbelts motherfuckers guy. I love that too.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    i can be heard on the letterman after-show set. when they realized they had time to do another song, and were brainstorming, you can hear me yell "GARDEN!" i sound like a psycho.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    SammyK14 wrote:
    always cracks me up
    that's the one i was gonna suggest, although it sounds like he's yelling 'you sound so GOOOOOOD'. just how he said goood cracked me up, like it was coming from the depths of his very soul lol
  • Options
    rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    SammyK14 wrote:
    always cracks me up
    Always thought he said
    "It sounds so GOOD!" Anyways thats one of my favorites as well.
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    silent tsilent t Posts: 50
    I don't remember the show, it may have been one of the Nader shows. Ed is talking about trying a song out and some one yells in Rob Snyder fashion "You can do it!" Even Ed stopped for a moment and laughed.
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    I yelled "EDDIE" at the Düsseldorf show.

My mates are still teasing me about it. They said I sounded like a girl. They always bring it up when I mention the Düsseldorf gig.

Why can't a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he think his booty is fly?
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Viggo wrote:

My mates are still teasing me about it. They said I sounded like a girl. They always bring it up when I mention the Düsseldorf gig.

Why can't a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he think his booty is fly?

:eek: not me i just don't ,not that their is anything wrong with it .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i love shout outs (at the appropriate times) I always yell funny stuff though..

"PIMP IT STONE!"

oh absolutely hate it when people scream out song titles though.... If you want to hear something that bad, make a sign! Grr... i hate at any show... one because it doesnt matter (setlist are pre determined) and its just so rude! Its like showing up at a movie and yelling at the actor to do something lol
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Viggo wrote:

Dont listen to them... its perfectly ok to be enchanted by vedward...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    i love shout outs (at the appropriate times) I always yell funny stuff though..

"PIMP IT STONE!"

oh absolutely hate it when people scream out song titles though.... If you want to hear something that bad, make a sign! Grr... i hate at any show... one because it doesnt matter (setlist are pre determined) and its just so rude! Its like showing up at a movie and yelling at the actor to do something lol

yeah i agree i never yell out song titles ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Viggo wrote:

I know more guys that have man-crushes on ed................
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    the guy at gorge 2 yelling out "thankyou eddie" before crazy mary is pretty annoying...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    silent t wrote:
    I don't remember the show, it may have been one of the Nader shows. Ed is talking about trying a song out and some one yells in Rob Snyder fashion "You can do it!" Even Ed stopped for a moment and laughed.
    that's the one i was thinking about, but i also don't remember what show it was from. eddie was saying something about how he tried to write a song for that performance, but couldn't come up with anything. that's when the guy in the audience yelled out, "you can do it." eddie's reply was something along the lines of "i just needed one more day." everyone laughed.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    has to be from PENN STATE 03 right before small town the guy shouts "YOU FUCKING ROCK VEDDER " the timing is perfect not in the middle of an ed speach/rant it just makes the begining of that song so cool go take a listen ,i otherwise hate when people shout out at the most opportune times or whistle during nice moments in songs .....i thought i'd throw that out there

One of my friends insists that was him. He was down on the floor screaming all concert... however, he was really drunk and ended up urinating right where he was standing. Sooooo, the validity of his claim is questionable :)

I also like the guy who goes "hey, I'm Amish!" when Ed says something about playing acoustic for all the Amish or whatever
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    Rock_Princess_18Rock_Princess_18 Chicago, IL Posts: 304
    my favorite is the Penn State bootleg when Eddie says something along the lines of: "we're gonna do an acoustic set... for the amish" and some dude yells "I'M AMISH!!!!"

cracks me up everytime :)
    "All the things that others want for me.. can't buy what I want because it's free!"

9/13/2005 Hamilton, ON; 9/19/2005 Toronto, ON; 5/10/2006 Toronto, ON; 6/23/2006 Pittsburgh, PA; 8/5/2007 Chicago, IL; 6/24/2008 New York, NY; 6/25/2008 New York, NY; 8/21/2009 Toronto, ON; 8/23/2009 Chicago, IL; 8/24/2009 Chicago, IL; 5/9/2010 Cleveland, OH; 5/10/2010 Buffalo, NY; 5/20/2010 New York, NY; 5/21/2010 New York, NY; 9/3/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/11/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/12/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/15/2011 Hamilton, ON; 9/2/2012 Philadelphia, PA; 10/12/2013 Buffalo, NY; 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/19/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/17/2014 Moline, IL; 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI; 4/18/2016 Hampton, VA; 4/21/2016 Columbia, SC; 5/1/2016 New York, NY; 5/2/2016 New York, NY; 8/20/2016 Chicago, IL; 8/22/2016 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I think it was my brother on the Sydney 7th November 2006 boot you can hear him saying "You rock Eddie!" sounds like him, we were second row , good chance :p I was listening and thought...'no fucking way'!!! :eek: haha damn him
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    HOB chicago...

you can hear SPEEDY screaming "FOOTSTEPS".....

loud and clear!!!!!
    I'm confused... does someone log in and post for you?
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    i can be heard on the letterman after-show set. when they realized they had time to do another song, and were brainstorming, you can hear me yell "GARDEN!" i sound like a psycho.

What songs did you do it in between? I want hear it!
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    Brez wrote:
    What songs did you do it in between? I want hear it!

ha! ok...it's between dte and why go. ed says something about them realizing that they have more time than they thought and they were figuring out what to play. i had no idea i was so close to a microphone. anyway, enjoy the psycho, garden scream.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    JUDAS!
  • Options
    whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    I don't believe you. You're a liar.
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    ha! ok...it's between dte and why go. ed says something about them realizing that they have more time than they thought and they were figuring out what to play. i had no idea i was so close to a microphone. anyway, enjoy the psycho, garden scream.

Ohhh yes I enjoyed it :p
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    The best shout-outs are from the resident-Frenchy fans who always seem to yell out "EEEDIIEE!! EEEDIIEE VEEEDER!" every possible chance they get.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    whgarrett wrote:
    I don't believe you. You're a liar.

Play it fucking loud!

;) Good to see someone got the reference.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    though not technically a "shout out"

Forget about the "I love u Eddie" and "marry me eddie"

The best of all time was the:

"PLAY LEASH, YOU PUSSIES" sign at the nyc show
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    the toronto 06 "allright allright allright" guy both nights

on the opposite side

the "stoooooooneeeeeey" guy during the st.john's shows, urgh
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"