Great Movie Speeches/Rants...

Comments

• BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    cutback wrote:
    "I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2GQSwMCHJNU

Back in my skateboarding days was (still is) a company called Enjoi. For a trailer to one of their videos they did a monatage and the background was this rant. it was pretty hilarious I wish I could find it.

Edit: found it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO8HVIfua4w&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erobbrink%2Ecom%2F2006%2F01%2F25%2Fenjoi%2Dbag%2Dof%2Dsuck%2Dtrailers%2F
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    "I'll never be over Macho Grande."

Hey Westernsky, check your messages from this board, I finally saw yours.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    Bill Murray in Stripes - "we were all studid enough to join the army...but we're American soldiers, we've been kicking ass for 200 years, we're 10 and 1".

a couple good ones from Miracle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbWx_sZ6hU4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOGQ4XuGt_4

and some classic Bobby Knight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ukj6Qi5W_k&mode=related&search=
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!

Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    sennin wrote:
    Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

how could i have forgotten this one!....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twW_riHWz_4
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    sennin wrote:

amen to this one
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    jamie uk wrote:
    Excellent 10/10! I once saw wallets like that for sale on ebay-I'm going to see if they still are.

Great stuff. I tell you, that one where Sam recites from the bible has to be THE greatest/coolest rant ever.

seriously, it is...

I'm the foot fuckin' master!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm surprised nobody else included this...perhaps the rant of all rants done by one of this generation's best actors.

Enjoy!
    And if you haven't seen the 25th Hour, go out and get it today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyhw8Z1cZ-c

what's this film about?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • PJammasPJammas Posts: 11
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ooh, sorry man. I have to say I didn't make it through Fight Club, I found it nauseating in the extreme. I mean as cool as Brad Pitt is, that Edward guy is equally a nob. I just found myself twitching at the sheer crapness of it. Watch One flew over the cuckoos nest or something, and then you'll know what a good movie is-Jack will cure you. JUK

OK you have every right to say you don't like the movie, but to call it all of that is just dumb. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? You gotta be kidding me...that dumb fucking indian?! THAT my friend is a slow meandering shit of a film. All due credit is due towards Wack-O Jack-he is the King but his talent could have been better used elsewhere.
    jamie uk wrote:
    I guess I didn't 'get it', but what was to get? I just remember a pretty naff movie about young men who liked to have a scrap, so they went to a basement or something and, well, had a scrap. Maybe I missed the stark social comment, but I didn't write it off because of Brad Pitt-I think he's a pretty cool guy, but that other guy didn't look like he could punch his way out of a wet paper bag! I just thought it was awful, weak, far fetched and pretty desperate. I couldn't see any story.But like you said each to his own.

Ok, now I "get it" you didn't even sit through the whole movie to find out what all the "scrapping" was about because there are volumes more to that story that weren't even touched upon in the film, but if you watched to the end you would've found a lot more to what was going on. I'm sorry you didn't find it as enlightening as it can be but some people just aren't meant to be.
    The book was the biggest load of crap I ever read. The movie was brilliant. God knows how David Fincher made such an amazing film out of that piece of glorified toilet paper.

And you, you just pop in this thread, not adding anything to the actual purpose, to slam this one post? Stating that you got the movie but the book sucked...that is completely backasswards my friend and makes no sense.

Fight Club is a book with a film companion for a generation of anyone who can't stand that shit hand they've been dealt but aren't gonna sit around and wallow in it like a pansy. It's about doing something more to make a better life for yourself, to feel something more even if it's just for a second, a minute, or a lifetime. If you can't understand that then you must not even be worth it.

No offense to anyone either, just venting I guess. It's a near and dear subject close to my heart :D
    I lick-a my lips
    and I grab on your hips...
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    Supermodels are beautiful girls, Will. A beautiful girl can make you dizzy, like you've been drinking Jack and Coke all morning. She can make you feel high full of the single greatest commodity known to man - promise. Promise of a better day. Promise of a greater hope. Promise of a new tomorrow. This particular aura can be found in the gait of a beautiful girl. In her smile, in her soul, the way she makes every rotten little thing about life seem like it's going to be okay. The supermodels, Willy? That's all they are. Bottled promise. Scenes from a brand new day. Hope dancing in stiletto heels.
  • romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    Lemme give u a little inside information about god....
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qsxFipkDZ1Q&mode=related&search=

It's the goof of all times.

I don't know how many times i've seen this movie, but I NEVER get tired of such an amazing performance.... the way he talks... gets me every time.
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    PJammas wrote:
    OK you have every right to say you don't like the movie, but to call it all of that is just dumb. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? You gotta be kidding me...that dumb fucking indian?! THAT my friend is a slow meandering shit of a film. All due credit is due towards Wack-O Jack-he is the King but his talent could have been better used elsewhere.

Ok, now I "get it" you didn't even sit through the whole movie to find out what all the "scrapping" was about because there are volumes more to that story that weren't even touched upon in the film, but if you watched to the end you would've found a lot more to what was going on. I'm sorry you didn't find it as enlightening as it can be but some people just aren't meant to be.

No offence taken, don't worry. But One flew over the cuckoos nest is really an excellent movie, the Indian is just one character. Surely it's tag line is around Jack and Nurse Rachett/the system-he's pushing it (the system) to get his own way, no one thinks he's crazy-Rachett just seems a nasty bitch. But after all the twists, ultimately you're left with a question-Was she right, was he crazy?he tried to kill her after all. Or was it her spite that just made him snap, maybe she was crazy? There's much more to it than you say, and the acting throughout is wonderful-some great debuts there, Danny Devito, Christopher Lloyd. Anyway, Fight Club sucks as far as I am concerned-Why didn't they join a boxing school, or become hoodlums if they wanted a scrap? JUK
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • I haven't read through the thread yet but this one is a classic and one of my all time favs.

From The Network:

Howard Beale: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
    Howard Beale: [shouting] You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
    [shouting]
    Howard Beale: 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:
    Howard Beale: [screaming at the top of his lungs] "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    I haven't read through the thread yet but this one is a classic and one of my all time favs.

From The Network:

Howard Beale: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
    Howard Beale: [shouting] You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
    [shouting]
    Howard Beale: 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:
    Howard Beale: [screaming at the top of his lungs] "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

'This is quite a long one'- Robin Askwith, Confessions of a window cleaner!
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    two reasons why i named my cat after Brodie Bruce: :D

"Man, not a year goes by, not a year...that I don't read about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid, that could've been easily avoided had some parent-- I don't care which one-- But some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator!"

"But they're engaged."

"Doesn't matter, it can't happen. "

"Why not ? It's bound to come up."

"It's impossible. Lois could never have superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle his sperm ? I guarantee he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb ? You think it's strong enough to carry his child ? "

"Sure. Why not ? "

"He's an alien, for christ's sake ! His kryptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan, the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like wonder woman has a strong-enough uterus to carry his kid. Only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom, but that would kill him. "
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
    That's very funny, and no mistake.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I couldnt find it on the web but i love the speech that Matt Damon gives in Good Will Hunting at the interview, when he's talking about basically why he doesnt want the job working for the governemnt. Really clever and really funny.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • PJammasPJammas Posts: 11
    No offence taken, don't worry. But One flew over the cuckoos nest is really an excellent movie, the Indian is just one character. Surely it's tag line is around Jack and Nurse Rachett/the system-he's pushing it (the system) to get his own way, no one thinks he's crazy-Rachett just seems a nasty bitch. But after all the twists, ultimately you're left with a question-Was she right, was he crazy?he tried to kill her after all. Or was it her spite that just made him snap, maybe she was crazy? There's much more to it than you say, and the acting throughout is wonderful-some great debuts there, Danny Devito, Christopher Lloyd. Anyway, Fight Club sucks as far as I am concerned-Why didn't they join a boxing school, or become hoodlums if they wanted a scrap? JUK[/quote]

Well I'll give you that their were a few good performances in the supporting roles and maybe I just need to give it another viewing with a more open mind.

The reason they joined this club was to break away from the rules and confinements of any ordinary school or gang. It was on their own terms and to their own needs and uses, but the next step of this "club" was what was primarily being worked towards and you didn't finish the movie, so you didn't get the whole picture of where it was going.

To each his own! :D
    I lick-a my lips
    and I grab on your hips...
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32cil3p55z4

'It's not a subtle point you're making.' :D
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    CJMST3K wrote:
    what's this film about?

Basically...Ed Norton's character gets busted for selling drugs. He is sentenced to jail for like 10 years and it shows his last day as a free man.
    It's a simple idea, but a great movie.
    Tremendous dialog and extremely well written.
    Trust me...it's a great movie!
  • cornnifer wrote:
    Will Hunting on reasons not to work for the NSA.
    Great.

That was brilliant! And funny as hell!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • But my favorite 15/20 of a movie is the part with Mr. X(Donald Sutherland) in 'JFK'. He talks about how he was one of those secret guys in the pentagon and talks about what really happened in Dallas and the coverup. Even though it was all a bunch of bullshit, it was great fiction. I know it almost word for word.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    "You guys, having some satanic guitar pick isn't gonna make your rock any better... because Satan's not in a guitar pick, he's inside all of us. In here...
    in your hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or exercise, or tell the truth. He's what makes us want to party and have sex with each other all night long. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate. Now you can stay out here and fight on the ground and cry like babies, or you can go in there like friends and rock. So, what's it gonna be?"
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • "Do you smell that? Napalm son. Nothing else on the world smells like that...I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Y'know, once we had a hail bomb....12 hours....and when it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of them, not one stinking dink body. That smell, y'know that gasoline smell...the whole hill. Smelled like....Victory. Some day this war is gonna end..."
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    jamie uk wrote:

"which one is your wallet?"

I want someone to give us Sam's reply to that question.

the one that says bad motherfucker on it.

:)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    The best ever IMHO

In it's entirety.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xgQIokL ... re=related

Al Pacino as Lt. Col. Frank Slade in The Scent of a Woman

Out of order, I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too fuckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place! Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say you are... executin' his soul! And why? Because he's not a Bairdman. Bairdmen. You hurt this boy, you're gonna be Baird bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, FUCK YOU TOO!