Great Movie Speeches/Rants...

THCTHC Posts: 525
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Ladies and Gentlemen...I'll be brief....The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did.
[winks at Dean Wormer]
But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg -isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

[Leads the Deltas out of the hearing, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner]

:)

(everytime i speak in front of a group...I feel like busting this out for some reason....lol)

Animal House
“Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
-Big Fish
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    "You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause. Even if the room gets filled with lies like these, and the Taylors and all their armies come marching into this place. "

-jefferson smith, "mr. smith goes to washington"

the end of his speech on the floor always gives me chills
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    Best movie rant ever is Alec Baldwin in Glengary Glen Ross

"Coffee is for closers."
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    Best movie rant ever is Alec Baldwin in Glengary Glen Ross

"Coffee is for closers."

naw...

BEST rant is Alex Baldwin talking to his own daughter's answering machine a month ago.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    "I killed Paul Allen with an AXE to the FACE!"

"I just had to kill alot of people!!!"
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    "I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2GQSwMCHJNU
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    and on the serious front:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    cutback wrote:
    "I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!"

Along the same lines, but different movie.

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?"
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

cutback wrote:

That is a great rant, I forgot about that one.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
    CJMST3K wrote:
    naw...

BEST rant is Alex Baldwin talking to his own daughter's answering machine a month ago.

Yeah, I was waiting for him to tell her "A,B,C.....Always Be Closing."
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Will Hunting on reasons not to work for the NSA.
    Great.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    i also gotta go with pretty much Michael Douglas' entire script from the movie "Falling Down".
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • not a rant, but kind of two speeches...

dennis hopper and cristopher walkin in true romance. hopper realizes walkin is going to kill him after walkin talks to him for a bit, so he asks for a smoke and tells an insulting story about sicilians just to get in a last "f you" to walkin...i don't know if this qualifies...? great scene, nonetheless.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Not really a rant or a speech, but a great part in a great movie!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PE9Qm8mShik
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    not a rant, but kind of two speeches...

dennis hopper and cristopher walkin in true romance. hopper realizes walkin is going to kill him after walkin talks to him for a bit, so he asks for a smoke and tells an insulting story about sicilians just to get in a last "f you" to walkin...i don't know if this qualifies...? great scene, nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkgQ8bmJvoE
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    cutback wrote:

Yeah, that's classic!!!
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    cutback wrote:
    "hey boss, get ready to be happy"
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    "The point is, ladies and gentleman, that 'greed' -- for lack of a better word -- is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

love this one
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
    Lt. Col. Frank Slade:

Women! What can you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a fuckin' genius. The hair... They say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever? Or lips... and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert. Tits. Hoo-ah! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya, like secret searchlights. Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here.

Scent of a Woman
    cornnifer wrote:
    Will Hunting on reasons not to work for the NSA.
    Great.

Will: See, the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna staht doin some thinkin on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certaintees in life. One, don't do that. And Two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin education you coulda got for a dollah fifty in late chahges at the public library
  • A great speech in a great scene over 70 years ago but still relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWrjwYdl-PM
  • WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2pdZLOOyz0o

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got heroin?
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    jojo wrote:
    Lt. Col. Frank Slade:

Women! What can you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a fuckin' genius. The hair... They say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever? Or lips... and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert. Tits. Hoo-ah! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya, like secret searchlights. Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here.

Scent of a Woman

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dH4p9BQ3V9o

I like this one...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YyImnZGf_Q

and that's a great speech
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Brandon Lee's rant in The Crow at the pawn shop was great!! My fav. Peace, J
    Ignore your rights and they'll go away!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun." Benjamin Franklin

www.AllAmericanBiofuels.com
    Biodiesel: No War Required!
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Come on,what about.......?
    "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridias, commander of the armies of the North, loyal servant to the true Emporer Marcus Auralius, father to a murdered son! husband to a murdered wife! and I shall have my vengance in this life..or the next"
    Or from the same movie, the wonderful...
    "Are you not entertained ? Are you not entertained?"
    Great stuff this, it's a real 'boy thing' this movie anal retentiveness-great stuff.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....