Great Movie Speeches/Rants...

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I won't begin to quote it, but Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction has a great speech,when they bust those young guys at the apartment. And the 'foot massage' monologue, when he and John T are on their way up to the apartment. Classic.
    And never forget the end scene-

"which one is your wallet?"

I want someone to give us Sam's reply to that question.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Dante Hicks: This is different, this is important. How many?
    [long pause as customer buys something]
    Dante Hicks: Well?
    Veronica Loughran: Something like... 36.
    Dante Hicks: What? Something like 36?
    Veronica Loughran: Lower your voice.
    Dante Hicks: Wait a minute, what is that anyway, something like 36? Does that INCLUDE me?
    Veronica Loughran: Ummm... 37.
    Dante Hicks: I'm 37?

:D
    Nice shirt.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvICN8DNMpY

Ben Affleck from Boiler Room!!! Great! Peace, J
    Ignore your rights and they'll go away!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun." Benjamin Franklin

www.AllAmericanBiofuels.com
    Biodiesel: No War Required!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    mookie9999 wrote:

That's the first thing I think of when talking about rants.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

Ohhh that's a good one :D
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    i suppose this could be considered a compilation rant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYmnpYHz9Ok
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    mca47 wrote:
    Not really a rant or a speech, but a great part in a great movie!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PE9Qm8mShik

Hamburgers....the cornerstone of every nutritious breakfast.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    jamie uk wrote:
    I won't begin to quote it, but Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction has a great speech,when they bust those young guys at the apartment. And the 'foot massage' monologue, when he and John T are on their way up to the apartment. Classic.
    And never forget the end scene-

"which one is your wallet?"

I want someone to give us Sam's reply to that question.

the one that has 'bad mutha fucker' on it.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Best movie rant ever is Alec Baldwin in Glengary Glen Ross

"Coffee is for closers."

alec baldwin may be a little nuts, but he's a damn fine actor.......:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReyWn8X8CxM

and this one

pacino
    Whizbang wrote:
    the one that has 'bad mutha fucker' on it.

Excellent 10/10! I once saw wallets like that for sale on ebay-I'm going to see if they still are.

Great stuff. I tell you, that one where Sam recites from the bible has to be THE greatest/coolest rant ever.
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Private Ryan
    This, this one night, two of my brothers came and woke me up in the middle of the night. And they said they had a surprise for me. So they took me to the barn up in the loft and there was my oldest brother, Dan, with Alice, Alice Jardine. I mean, picture a girl who just took a nosedive from the ugly tree and hit every branch coming down. And... and Dan's got his shirt off and he's working on this bra and he's tryin to get it off and all of a sudden Shawn just screams out, "Danny you're a young man, don't do it!" And so Alice Jardine hears this and she screams and she jumps up and she tries to get running out of the barn but she's still got this shirt over her head. She goes running right into the wall and knocks herself out. So now Danny's just so mad at us. He, he starts coming after us, but... but at the same time Alice is over there unconscious. He's gotta wa... , wake her up. So he grabs her by a leg and he's drag, dragging her. At the same time he picks up a shovel. And he's going after Shawn, and Shawn's saying, "What are you trying to hit me for? I just did you a favor!" And so this makes Dan more angry. He tries to swing this thing, he looses the shovel, goes outta his grasp and hits a kerosene lantern; the thing explodes, the whole barn almost goes up because of this thing. That was it. That was the last, that was, Dan went off to basic the next day. That was the last night the four of us were together. That was two years ago. Tell me about your wife and those rosebushes?
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • PJammasPJammas Posts: 11
    Fight Club.

The whole damn thing.
    I lick-a my lips
    and I grab on your hips...
    PJammas wrote:
    Fight Club.

The whole damn thing.

Ooh, sorry man. I have to say I didn't make it through Fight Club, I found it nauseating in the extreme. I mean as cool as Brad Pitt is, that Edward guy is equally a nob. I just found myself twitching at the sheer crapness of it. Watch One flew over the cuckoos nest or something, and then you'll know what a good movie is-Jack will cure you. JUK
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ooh, sorry man. I have to say I didn't make it through Fight Club, I found it nauseating in the extreme. I mean as cool as Brad Pitt is, that Edward guy is equally a nob. I just found myself twitching at the sheer crapness of it. Watch One flew over the cuckoos nest or something, and then you'll know what a good movie is-Jack will cure you. JUK

well maybe you should read the book. fight club is one of the most amazing and important books of our time. i just think alot of people just dont get what Palahniuk was trying to say with the novel and they just see brad pitt in the movie and immediately write it off. but to each his own i guess.
  • crittablescrittables Posts: 342

you could not have picked a better one. i'd have posted it if you hadn't:) that entire movie is just classic.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I'm surprised nobody else included this...perhaps the rant of all rants done by one of this generation's best actors.

Enjoy!
    And if you haven't seen the 25th Hour, go out and get it today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyhw8Z1cZ-c
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Westernsky wrote:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2pdZLOOyz0o

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got heroin?

oh jeez. i just said this speech with a scottish accent. :D:D

aside: my nearly 10 year old son who's big on trains asked me what the DVD i was holding was called. when i told him trainspotting, he got super excited until i told him it wasnt about trains at all. he asked what's it about then and when i told him drug adddicts he says well why its called trainspotting then.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    AllIAm wrote:
    well maybe you should read the book. fight club is one of the most amazing and important books of our time. i just think alot of people just dont get what Palahniuk was trying to say with the novel and they just see brad pitt in the movie and immediately write it off. but to each his own i guess.
    I guess I didn't 'get it', but what was to get? I just remember a pretty naff movie about young men who liked to have a scrap, so they went to a basement or something and, well, had a scrap. Maybe I missed the stark social comment, but I didn't write it off because of Brad Pitt-I think he's a pretty cool guy, but that other guy didn't look like he could punch his way out of a wet paper bag! I just thought it was awful, weak, far fetched and pretty desperate. I couldn't see any story.But like you said each to his own.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i think i might win, speedy............:p:D:D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K92OVFeGgIE
  • WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    cutback wrote:
    i think i might win, speedy............:p:D:D
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=K92OVFeGgIE

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Germans?

:D Cracks me up everytime.
  • Al Pacino's "Peace With Inches" speech from Any Given Sunday
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs&mode=related&search=

"I'll tell you this: in any fight, its the guy who's willing to die,who's gonna win that inch...and I know, if im gonna have any life anymore...Its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch...because, thats what living is! The six inches in front of your face...!! now, i cant make you do it, you gotta look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes!now, i think you're gonna see a guy, who will go that inch with you...You're gonna see a guy, who will sacrifice himself, for this team, because he knows, when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him... Thats a team, gentlemen...and, either we heal,NOW, as a team, or we will die...as individuals...thats football, guys...thats all it is...now, what are you gonna do?"

This is an awesome motiviational speech that pumps me up every time I hear it.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    AllIAm wrote:
    The book was the biggest load of crap I ever read. The movie was brilliant. God knows how David Fincher made such an amazing film out of that piece of glorified toilet paper.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    jamie uk wrote:
    I guess I didn't 'get it', but what was to get? I just remember a pretty naff movie about young men who liked to have a scrap, so they went to a basement or something and, well, had a scrap. Maybe I missed the stark social comment, but I didn't write it off because of Brad Pitt-I think he's a pretty cool guy, but that other guy didn't look like he could punch his way out of a wet paper bag! I just thought it was awful, weak, far fetched and pretty desperate. I couldn't see any story.But like you said each to his own.

im not going to take over the thread with this but if thats all you got from the movie then yes i can see why you didnt like it. have you ever felt invisible? that you werent worth it? that you go to work and come home to the same shit every night... that there is so much monotony in the world it makes you want to scream... well this is about finding other ways out.

and Hitch Hiker i dont get how you loved the movie but not the book. they pretty much adapted everything. those were all of Palahniuks words and all of his thoughts...

ok now i will add my own speech so im contributing. its short and to the point

Ethan Hawke- Reality Bites

There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a quarter-pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter becomes a cackle... and I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.
  • kry211kry211 Posts: 24
    this opera is as lousy as it is brilliant
    AllIAm wrote:
    im not going to take over the thread with this but if thats all you got from the movie then yes i can see why you didnt like it. have you ever felt invisible? that you werent worth it? that you go to work and come home to the same shit every night... that there is so much monotony in the world it makes you want to scream... well this is about finding other ways out.

and Hitch Hiker i dont get how you loved the movie but not the book. they pretty much adapted everything. those were all of Palahniuks words and all of his thoughts...

AAWWWW, come on-take it over. It's on it's arse anyway. Sounds a bit like The emporers new clothes to me, and I think I just about got the underlying comment from that tale. JUK
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I am at work and cannot check all the youtube listings, so if this was posted as a link already, I apologize....

Silent Bob's rant about Amy in Chasing Amy was great.