losing a bunch of weight

13»

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    ^^^^^ Wow - good for you and congratulations. I'm a fitness instructor and see people struggle so hard. It takes a lot of hard work and determination to lose the amount of weight you have lost. Props to you!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    Outstanding lephty. That is so impressive. Keep up your hard work, sounds like it's paying of in spades :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Wow! I didn't think it was possible to loose weight that quickly in a healthy manner. Awesome job.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    That is awsome! Keep it up! It's so hard but stay with it.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    resurection!

So today I hit an all time new low of 184.8! sure its only about 5lbs different than my last check in on this thread, but I've also put on a bunch of muscle. sure i am not jacked nor do I ever want to be, but getting below 180 is something I think I can do now! According to the lame internet BMI calculators, at 179lbs i will be out of the "overweight" category~. Most importantly to me is that this is pretty much 2 years since I decided to get my ass in shape and not only have i done this, but i have maintained it for over a year now and i honestly cannot see myself ever going back. i like having an active lifestyle now!

i signed up for a Runamuck in june which I am pretty stoked about! I am all about getting dirty! I am thinking of signing up for a triathalon, but i have to find a good place to practice some long swims

damn it feels good to feel good!
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    lephty wrote:
    resurection!

So today I hit an all time new low of 184.8! sure its only about 5lbs different than my last check in on this thread, but I've also put on a bunch of muscle. sure i am not jacked nor do I ever want to be, but getting below 180 is something I think I can do now! According to the lame internet BMI calculators, at 179lbs i will be out of the "overweight" category~. Most importantly to me is that this is pretty much 2 years since I decided to get my ass in shape and not only have i done this, but i have maintained it for over a year now and i honestly cannot see myself ever going back. i like having an active lifestyle now!

i signed up for a Runamuck in june which I am pretty stoked about! I am all about getting dirty! I am thinking of signing up for a triathalon, but i have to find a good place to practice some long swims

Awesome dude!

It's amazing how much diet and exercise helps :thumbup:
    NERDS!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    Awesome news lephty. Keep up the amazing job :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    That is wonderful - congratulations on your success!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Awesome news lephty. Keep up the amazing job :D

ditto!
    totally fantastic, kudos!
    you should be SO proud of yourself!
    :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    That is awsome! Keep it up! It's so hard but stay with it.
    If you make it a lifestyle, it's not hard at all.. I can't imagine not working out at least a few times a week or eating unhealthy. Not since I was a kid.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Congrats! What an inspiration you are for all who read this thread!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    sponger wrote:
    I was quite the handsome lady killer in my youth. So, my motivation was to have the look of the devil again. I lost 40lbs and haven't gained it back in 4 years.

I sort of feel sorry for people who look just as unappealing thin as they did when they were heavy. I worked with a young woman like that a few years back.

When she lost an amazing amount of weight, she was still quite unspectacular. Her hair was thinning out and her bones just gave her an odd, unbalanced shape.

For someone in her position, I guess the only true motivation is to just be healthier and to feel better.

I dated a beautiful redhed back in the day. Now she's heavy. We still talk. She calls me with her boyfriend troubles. I say, "Do you realize how hot you used to be? My friends still talk about what a lucky bastard I was to be banging you. All you have to do is hit the gym three days a week and you can date anyone you want."

She goes, "I don't want a guy to date me just because I'm hot. I'm happy this way."
    :?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    lephty wrote:
    resurection!

You're awesome!
    I'm going to make a serious effort this summer to try and be healthier... my friend ran the Sun Run this month for the first time and I felt really lame for not doing it - then again its hard to train every night going to school full time and working!!

We're going to start doing weekly hikes and i'm going to try and eat healthier!
    Thanks for being really great motivation :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Wow. keep up the good work!
  • battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    I had a massive heart attack 14 months ago at the age of 44. I went from 285lbs to 212lbs in four months. I'm at 222 today. I'll equate that 10lbs to muscle. I do 40 minutes of cardio a day. Plus lift weights 5 days a week. The dr's tell you you should be dead. One tends to listen. I never should have made it to 45 the dr's tell me. I changed my whole lifestyle. Good luck!!!!
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!