share your pre-employment drug testing experiences

Comments

• EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    tremorvoid wrote:
    i do all of the above except fishing.

i guess it just comes down to how much anxiety you actually have. when you really have chronic anxiety to high levels...those simple things dont even touch it. i envy those people who dont have to deal with some of the shit i do....it would be really nice to be able to just play with my dog and have my anxiety go away....but oh well...no ones perfect.

agreed....
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    those are all great ideas, but they just simply aren't for everyone. and neither is toking on a big fat doobie...so what?

to each his own...whatever works for ya & makes you happy. who are you to judge?

In this case, I am honestly not judging. I was listing alternatives just like pot is an alternative. I think we're on the same page, here.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    tremorvoid wrote:
    i do all of the above except fishing.

i guess it just comes down to how much anxiety you actually have. when you really have chronic anxiety to high levels...those simple things dont even touch it. i envy those people who dont have to deal with some of the shit i do....it would be really nice to be able to just play with my dog and have my anxiety go away....but oh well...no ones perfect.

I think it's not so much the level of anxiety as it is the persons ability to deal with it. That's just my opinion, though and not worth anything more than anyone else's.

know1 wrote:
    In this case, I am honestly not judging. I was listing alternatives just like pot is an alternative. I think we're on the same page, here.

and honestly, i really wasn't exactly refering to YOU, i was just saying "you" in general.

just wanted to clear that up.

i understand totally what your saying....but there is always 2 sides to it.
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

EddiesGurl wrote:
    i understand totally what your saying....but there is always 2 sides to it.

Sometimes a lot more than that, too!

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    uhhh no! but yea, i did up until i found out i was preggo.

you're preggo?

congrats!
    you're preggo?

congrats!

yea! didn't see my sig i guess! ;)
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    Ok..my company is expanding and we will be drug tested when we move in like 6-8 weeks if not longer. My boss is actually my aunt. I am a chronic smoker and I heard that it takes 45 days to get out of a woman's system!? i have never had to take a test, but would flip if my aunt found out. I plan to smoke this weekend for 4th of July and then stop. I figure I could take some Goldenseal and drink a lot of water, which I already do, and I should be fine. It just makes me nervous though. Atleast I can go buy a home drug kit and test my self in like a month. This really sucks though.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Camomile tea is meant to be good for flushing your system.

We have random drug tests all the time at my work so I don't bother smoking anymore just drink way to much.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    I was asked at an employment agency if I would take a drug test for any company I applied for because most of them wanted pre-screening. I said no, and the employment agency staff discontinued the talk. I was furious that anyone would even ask that of me. I did take it personally even though it wasn't meant to be.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I was asked at an employment agency if I would take a drug test for any company I applied for because most of them wanted pre-screening. I said no, and the employment agency staff discontinued the talk. I was furious that anyone would even ask that of me. I did take it personally even though it wasn't meant to be.

Well my boss is wanting to do a "drugs don't work" program to save money on our worker's comp every year. I think I will only be tested once, and any new ones that come aboard will have to go through the same procedure.

• just out of curiousity, what kind of jobs are these that you guys are tested for drugs?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    i have one today. god i hope i pass. i'm using the liquid stuff drink
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    cookie5798 wrote:
    Ok..my company is expanding and we will be drug tested when we move in like 6-8 weeks if not longer. My boss is actually my aunt. I am a chronic smoker and I heard that it takes 45 days to get out of a woman's system!? i have never had to take a test, but would flip if my aunt found out. I plan to smoke this weekend for 4th of July and then stop. I figure I could take some Goldenseal and drink a lot of water, which I already do, and I should be fine. It just makes me nervous though. Atleast I can go buy a home drug kit and test my self in like a month. This really sucks though.

i *was* a chronic smoker for years (been on a break for about 8 months now...) & finally got a job that required a drug test & i had about 5 days to clean out.... i stopped smoking for those 5 days, drank MASS water... like over a gallon a day, was pissing clear for days & then i went to a smoke shop & bought some cleaner & followed the instructions for the day of the test. I bought the XXL cleaner, which they said was for larger people (more body fat), or people who smoke ALOT. There is even a cleaner made for women's bodies... b/c i guess their clean-out is different than a guys... anyway, the place recommended the women's cleaner for me, but i told him i'd be needing the XXL cleaner... he just laughed.. hehe....anyway ~ i did the damn thing & passed my test! and got RIPPED later that night!! haha... good luck!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    just out of curiousity, what kind of jobs are these that you guys are tested for drugs?

I work for the railway scheduling jobs that have to be done on signals and such, very important stuff really.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    i *was* a chronic smoker for years (been on a break for about 8 months now...) & finally got a job that required a drug test & i had about 5 days to clean out.... i stopped smoking for those 5 days, drank MASS water... like over a gallon a day, was pissing clear for days & then i went to a smoke shop & bought some cleaner & followed the instructions for the day of the test. I bought the XXL cleaner, which they said was for larger people (more body fat), or people who smoke ALOT. There is even a cleaner made for women's bodies... b/c i guess their clean-out is different than a guys... anyway, the place recommended the women's cleaner for me, but i told him i'd be needing the XXL cleaner... he just laughed.. hehe....anyway ~ i did the damn thing & passed my test! and got RIPPED later that night!! haha... good luck!

Yeah, but aren't those kits just a cover up for a couple of days? Or does it clean your system for there on out? I don't know when I will be tested, so I don't want to walk into work one day and have to be at the doctors within an hour. Then I will be screwed.

cookie5798 wrote:
    Yeah, but aren't those kits just a cover up for a couple of days? Or does it clean your system for there on out? I don't know when I will be tested, so I don't want to walk into work one day and have to be at the doctors within an hour. Then I will be screwed.

hmmm...i see what your saying. I'm not really sure. If i was you, i'd just go to a smoke shope..aka.. head shop...and talk to those people in there, they have lots of info on all the drinks....
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    cookie5798 wrote:
    Well my boss is wanting to do a "drugs don't work" program to save money on our worker's comp every year. I think I will only be tested once, and any new ones that come aboard will have to go through the same procedure.
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooo just thinking of it makes my blood fume.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I never experienced this before. Not that i have to worry about it since i dont do drugs.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • bump
    "It's all happening"
  • I failed one once it was ahh not a good feeling. lol
  • smoke a big fat joint on the day of the test and you'll end up saying AHH FUCK IT I AIN'T GOING. I'M GONNA SIT RIGHT HERE AND EAT THIS BAG OF DORITOS. I'LL GO NEXT TIME!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    i once had a company tell me i had to take a pre-screening drug test...

and i replied..."sure no problem"...

and about 3 days later i got a job that paid me a nice sum of money....gave me insurance.....had a 401k plan.....

all was good......

in other words???

how can you be "furious" when i company wants to make sure the person they are going to hire isnt a fucking pothead or a coke fiend????

i think they have every right to drug test..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • i once had a company tell me i had to take a pre-screening drug test...

and i replied..."sure no problem"...

and about 3 days later i got a job that paid me a nice sum of money....gave me insurance.....had a 401k plan.....

all was good......

in other words???

how can you be "furious" when i company wants to make sure the person they are going to hire isnt a fucking pothead or a coke fiend????

i think they have every right to drug test..........

wtf no pms speedy?
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I peed in a cup,
    then the doctor
    drank it.
    not
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Most of these reply posts are from Americans,right?
    Do you actually get drug tested for jobs,seriously?If so this is outrageous.
    I work for Edinburgh City Council,one of the biggest employers in Scotland.They have a zero tolerance to working under the influence of drugs and alcohol and but they don't carry out drug tests.If an employee is under the influence they are dealt with through monitering support and counselling.To drug test regardless is making everyone a suspect surely?
    I have never been drug tested in any job,thank goodness.In my heavy stoner days I would smoke all weekend then turn into work a little rough on the Monday.
    The cultural difference is vast.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    I work for Edinburgh City Council,one of the biggest employers in Scotland.They have a zero tolerance to working under the influence of drugs and alcohol and but they don't carry out drug tests.If an employee is under the influence they are dealt with through monitering support and counselling.To drug test regardless is making everyone a suspect surely?
    I have never been drug tested in any job,thank goodness.In my heavy stoner days I would smoke all weekend then turn into work a little rough on the Monday.
    Ooops sorry double post.
  • I've only been tested once, because I've only had one job.

My test was a hair test in which they create little bald spots on your head. That's right, I said spots...They cut hair from 3 diff places to make real sure I was clean!

By the way, what's up with resurrecting a 2 year old thread!! I got real excited when I read someone talk about the Cleveland/Detroit area! Then I looked at the date and was thoroughly dissapointed :(
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • stargirl69 wrote:

i think most are americans responding, yes. however, i do know surfanddestroy is english...and she clearly stated she has regular, random drug-testing at work. i think for many jobs, it depends on the nature of your work. for others, i think clearly invasion of privacy. i personally do not feel *strongly* about the topic really, i have been drug-tested...once...for one of the most insignifcant jobs i have EVER had, haha...b/c it recently had been adopted as 'corporate policy'...small little company overtaken by the man. anyhooooooo....my current job, and my former 10 year career as a teacher!...no drug testing. i am not against it for certain jobs that deal very much with sdafety.....but i think then too, alcohol really should come into play as well.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow