Options

The Office

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    nfanel wrote:
    last night was my least favorite episode of the season. i thought it was too over the top...maybe i need to watch it again...

Last night was not one of my favorites either. I am going to watch it again too. I got more laughs from Earl last night.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    "Wanted: Middle-aged Black Man with a lot of Sass"

:D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I thought last night's episode was one of the best so far this season. The hour episodes were too long and they didn't have many laughs.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    I thought last night's episode was one of the best so far this season. The hour episodes were too long and they didn't have many laughs.

They didnt quite keep up the average, but there were still plenty of laughs. Plus with the hour, they didnt have to rush the storylines along.

Could be an episode to episode thing too. I am specifically think about last weeks episode. Basically they had a quick meeting and the black warehouse guy was tryin to write a song, then poof!! They have a commercial. I think they really missed out on some laughs.

I always find myself wantin more at the end of the half hour, where when they were an hour, I felt like I was really entertained the whole time.
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    last night was my least favorite episode of the season. i thought it was too over the top...maybe i need to watch it again...

Last nights show had it's share of great lines, but the trip to utica was as stupid as michael driving into the lake, or kidnapping the pizza delivery man.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    "I can see the security Guards eyes"
    "Dwight don't do anything to his eyes"

Classic.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    "Other than having sex with men, this is the probably the gayest thing that I do"

Or something like that... I don't remember exactly.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    "I can see the security Guards eyes"
    "Dwight don't do anything to his eyes"

Classic.

"If you so much as harm a hair on Stanley's head... we will burn Utica to the ground."
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    Source: TV Guide October 30, 2007

TV Guide reports that NBC is developing an episode of comedy "The Office" that would introduce several new characters who would then be spun off into a new series.

The proposed "Office 2" is not expected to include any of the mother ship's core cast, as producers are already casting about for a "name" to headline the potential show.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    "Other than having sex with men, this is the probably the gayest thing that I do"

Or something like that... I don't remember exactly.

the finer things club
  • Options
    DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    Source: TV Guide October 30, 2007

TV Guide reports that NBC is developing an episode of comedy "The Office" that would introduce several new characters who would then be spun off into a new series.

The proposed "Office 2" is not expected to include any of the mother ship's core cast, as producers are already casting about for a "name" to headline the potential show.

That was before the whole writers strike thing...now this project has been put on hold :(

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Last week, when Kevin made the Kool Aide Man face... that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on that show!
    It sure is SWEET getting to post my thoughts/opinions without getting harassed by a certain someone!
    THANK YOU!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    pjtaper wrote:
    It sure is SWEET getting to post my thoughts/opinions without getting harassed by a certain someone!
    THANK YOU!

Was he removed?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    An article about Steve Carell and his love of hockey:

http://beyond495.com/mystuff/office/hockey_news.jpg
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Pretty weak episode last night IMO. A few funny spots (Dwight and his weapons) and him scoping out Michael, but for the most part I thought it wasn't that great.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I agree. Pretty weak episode. But Dwight scoping Michael with the gun was really funny. Especially when he said it was perfectly safe because he had the safety on..... then he clicked the safety on.

Also, I thought Michael duct taping the legs back on his pants was pretty funny.

The cake thing was not so much funny as it was clever and insightful. I enjoyed it, but it was not necessarily a laugh out loud topic. However, Creed eating his cobbler right out of the pan with a spoon was pretty funny.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    "Tell her it's for Creed. She'll know what that means."
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    see i loved last night. laughed out loud several times. i swear i have the opposite sense of office humor as everyone on this thread. lol.
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 512
    Michael goes 'into the wild', lol.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i thought last night was very good....michael's various "surprise" birthdays were hilarious
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Was he removed?
    nope still here

a big f you to all! :)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    I agree. Pretty weak episode. But Dwight scoping Michael with the gun was really funny. Especially when he said it was perfectly safe because he had the safety on..... then he clicked the safety on.

Also, I thought Michael duct taping the legs back on his pants was pretty funny.

The cake thing was not so much funny as it was clever and insightful. I enjoyed it, but it was not necessarily a laugh out loud topic. However, Creed eating his cobbler right out of the pan with a spoon was pretty funny.

i also agree.

i actually turned it.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    "no more s'mores!"
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • Options
    If it wasn't for Creed that episode would have been a tad weak. But Creeds parts were fantastic. Asking for the cobbler, walking out on Jim cause he was pissed about the bday situation, doing the bday dance, and eating the cobbler by himself.
  • Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Great episode last night. Made up for last week.

Loved when Toby is pouring his heart out to Michael at lunch, and Michael just pushes his tray off the table.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:
    Loved when Toby is pouring his heart out to Michael at lunch, and Michael just pushes his tray off the table.

I was crying laughing at that point.
  • Options
    When Toby was cracking up about his diary notes of Ryan being just as hot as Jan but in a different way- that was great.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i laughed my ass off at both of those things, especially when michael pushed his tray off the table. i wish they would've read more from the diary!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    IMO last night's episode was the best of the season so far. Jan is a bitch :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Yeah, that was a very good episode.