Michael Phelps

12346»

Comments

• stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    the man is a dolphin.

him and Dara Torres should breed other little dolphins.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i just watched it (thanks tivo ;):) )

that was cra-ZAZY!!!

:D:D
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    g under p wrote:
    Give it up SPEEDO....[size=5+]1 MILLION $$$$$ baby![/size]

Peace

HE IS SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!! :D:eek:
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • alexersalexers Posts: 492
    HIGH FIVE PHELPS! andddddd justformyteenieboppermomentofthedayiloveryanlochtealot:)
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    This guy is the top of the top Olympian EVER!!!! Just fucking incredible!! Way to go Phelps!!!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    aNiMaL wrote:
    This guy is the top of the top Olympian EVER!!!! Just fucking incredible!! Way to go Phelps!!!

Now NBC's ratings will fall like a downhill racer.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    g under p wrote:
    Now NBC's ratings will fall like a downhill racer.

Peace
    I tell ya what, I watched a larger portion of the Olympics on CBC. The Canadians do a fine job broadcasting from the Olympics - always have.
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Last night at the Ravens game about 10,000 of us stayed behind after the game to watch the race on the stadium jumbotron. It was crazy. 10,000 people yelling USA USA USA...It was a total goosebump moment, and despite where we're at politically in this country, you felt proud to be an American again. Its been awhile. The people of Baltimore couldn't be any more proud. Unitas...Ripken...and now Phelps. He is that big here as far as icons go.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    culot4 wrote:
    Last night at the Ravens game about 10,000 of us stayed behind after the game to watch the race on the stadium jumbotron. It was crazy. 10,000 people yelling USA USA USA...It was a total goosebump moment, and despite where we're at politically in this country, you felt proud to be an American again. Its been awhile. The people of Baltimore couldn't be any more proud. Unitas...Ripken...and now Phelps. He is that big here as far as icons go.

That is awesome, I wish I could have been there. They showed all the people that stayed after the Ravens game. You were one of them, how cool?!?! :D
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • In tonight’s interview…….which I loved by the way……..he mentioned Ripken. Said Ripken gave him an autographed Sports Illustrated and Costas said Michael should send Ripken one back soon when he’s on the cover.

His dad has not been mentioned at all. Another jackass father? It’s an epidemic…good fathers nowhere to be found.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

His dad has not been mentioned at all. Another jackass father? It’s an epidemic…good fathers nowhere to be found.

um no they're not....my father is a great father....so is my brother.....my friends with kids are great fathers....

let's stop the generalizations...thanks :)
  • cutback wrote:
    um no they're not....my father is a great father....so is my brother.....my friends with kids are great fathers....

let's stop the generalizations...thanks :)

great for you.
    not for me.

let me rephrase that, wonder where Phelp’s dad is at?

great for you.
    not for me.

i'm very sorry :(

much better :)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    great for you.
    not for me.

phelps coems from a broken home. his dad is home and watching his son like the rest of us are.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    Did everyone hear when Phelps and his mom were talking about how when he was younger, he was bullied and picked on?

Man, this is one GIANT F-YOU to the kids that did that to him.

It made me wonder how many Olympians and other great athletes, were outcasts when they were younger? They poured themselves into something that they could excel at to feel good about themselves. *shrugs* Just a thought.
  • Yeah, and it gives a positive message to kids and parents dealing with ADD. …it was mentioned he had that.

phelps coems from a broken home. his dad is home and watching his son like the rest of us are.

I just stumbled across this on Yahoo...it sounds like they are estranged. So, the dirtbag dad theory someone mentioned might actually be accurate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/The-mystery-of-Michael-Phelps-missing-father?urn=oly,102215
  • Thanks for that.
    I caught a blurb of that drifting off to sleep but didn’t catch the whole thing.

It just brings back memories of my brother and dad.
    I have no clue if it’s the case with Phelps but
    When my brother hit his teens, it’s like him and dad were in competition. In some sick way our dad didn’t want my brother to be a better person than him.

Sorry for the ramble.
    Did you hear when Michael wanted a cheeseburger for his first home meal?
    It would’ve been a red robin burger for me!

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,484
    i dont know about you guys but i have grown pretty annoyed with this guy. im glad swimming is over. he is great and all, but come on. and i believe the main reason he broke all the world records was because of that new suit they all wear.

are the olympics over yet?
    www.myspace.com
    I just stumbled across this on Yahoo...it sounds like they are estranged. So, the dirtbag dad theory someone mentioned might actually be accurate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/The-mystery-of-Michael-Phelps-missing-father?urn=oly,102215

I'm sure it is!!
    "What a stupid lamb."
    i dont know about you guys but i have grown pretty annoyed with this guy. im glad swimming is over. he is great and all, but come on. and i believe the main reason he broke all the world records was because of that new suit they all wear.

:eek:

Swimming and Track are the only good shit going on!
    "What a stupid lamb."

You said it..."they ALL wear it". But he's the one with all the medals, so I kinda doubt it was the suit.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    You said it..."they ALL wear it". But he's the one with all the medals, so I kinda doubt it was the suit.

Well, he was definitely the better swimmer, so that's why he won all the medals... but the suit was the reason that he broke all the world records.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,910

How amazing is this guy? Part man part dolphin. Every time i watch he sets a new world record. I can't believe there isn't a thread saluting america's finest olympian.

part man, part sponge.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14