Michael Phelps

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Here we go, a protest by the Serbia team. 1/100th of a second one can't blink that fast.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Did you'll see that 50 meter race? The guy that won didn't take a BREATH for 50 meters, WOW!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• ok, I haven't caught PhelpsMania, but that was incredible. That guy botched the wall touch. He fumbled for it, while Phelps hit it perfectly. The girl from the UK who won the long race was even more impressive. It's prety damn tough to w]swim at full speed for 8 minutes
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    it took me @5 replays to actually believe he won. that was insane!!!!!!! :eek:
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    cutback wrote:
    he was in mid-stroke when the other guy was about to touch the wall!!! how is that possible?!?!?! :D

because PHELPS is BADASS!! :D:D:D:D
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • g under p wrote:
    Did you'll see that 50 meter race? The guy that won didn't take a BREATH for 50 meters, WOW!

Peace

who needs to breathe when the race is only 20 seconds long? splash and dash. :D
    who needs to breathe when the race is only 20 seconds long? splash and dash. :D

Man have you ever swam 50 meters? My daughter swims copetively and the first time she came to a 50 meter pool at 7 years old, she told me Dad I can't swim THAT!

I just told her it's the 25 meter pool twice without turning. She said OK. :) It ain't no easy feat dude, if you can can do it that's awesome.

Peace

• g under p wrote:
    Man have you ever swam 50 meters? My daughter swims copetively and the first time she came to a 50 meter pool at 7 years old, she told me Dad I can't swim THAT!

I just told her it's the 25 meter pool twice without turning. She said OK. :) It ain't no easy feat dude, if you can can do it that's awesome.

Peace

more times than i can count. as i said it's 20 seconds. can you not hold your breath for 20 seconds?
    50 mtrs isnt really any big thing if you can swim. and i can swim. i can't swim it in 20 seconds though. i do it in about 40secs which is not that great.
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    i still cant see that phelps won . they have a under water cam . if they would just show that ....
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

50 mtrs isnt really any big thing if you can swim. and i can swim. i can't swim it in 20 seconds though. i do it in about 40secs which is not that great.

I can do it too but it's still pretty amazing stuff these athletes are doing.
    BUFFALO wrote:
    i still cant see that phelps won . they have a under water cam . if they would just show that ....

At 1/100th of a second difference one won't be able to tell with the naked eye. It comes down who touch that pad hard enough to stop the Omega time clock. Just too fast to see

Peace

• roarroar Posts: 1,116
    Mer-man.
    Mer-man!
  • BUFFALO wrote:

Super slow mo cam made it look like Phelps was still in the half stroke when Cavics' hands looked like it was on the wall.
    NERDS!
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Super slow mo cam made it look like Phelps was still in the half stroke when Cavics' hands looked like it was on the wall.
    if we let the chinese get away with their 12 year old gymnasts then they sure as hell better give us another phelps gold! im sure the serb with go shopping at armani exchange, hit up the clubs, and get over the loss
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    if we let the chinese get away with their 12 year old gymnasts then they sure as hell better give us another phelps gold! im sure the serb with go shopping at armani exchange, hit up the clubs, and get over the loss

He's about a Serb as Liukin is Russian ;)
    NERDS!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Just incredible!! I hope he gets #8 tomorrow!!
    roar wrote:
    Mer-man.
    Mer-man!

lol, he is a Mer-Man

PHELPS IS AMAZING!! :)

#8 gold Medal tonight..
    "What a stupid lamb."
    Hey I think he should play the next Aqua Man. What do ya think?

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Hey I think he should play the next Aqua Man. What do ya think?

Peace

THAT IS JUST PERFECT FOR HIM!!! :D
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Watching Phelps go has certainly been entertaining and he's amazing, but tonight Usain Bolt did something out of this world.

It's a shame that they don't have as many events in short distance running as they do in swimming. If they would run 100 metres and 200 metres each once backwards, once with their hands tied and then run one with both combined or something it would be possible for others to achieve as many golds as in swimming. They just have too damn many similar types of swimming events there, compared to other sports in the olympics.
    - 100m backstroke Men
    - 100m breaststroke Men
    - 100m butterfly Men
    - 100m freestyle Men
    - 200m backstroke Men
    - 200m breaststroke Men
    - 200m butterfly Men
    - 200m freestyle Men...
    +relays

Amazing athlete nevertheless
    Watching Phelps go has certainly been entertaining and he's amazing, but tonight Usain Bolt did something out of this world.

It's a shame that they don't have as many events in short distance running as they do in swimming. If they would run 100 metres and 200 metres each once backwards, once with their hands tied and then run one with both combined or something it would be possible for others to achieve as many golds as in swimming. They just have too damn many similar types of swimming events there, compared to other sports in the olympics.
    - 100m backstroke Men
    - 100m breaststroke Men
    - 100m butterfly Men
    - 100m freestyle Men
    - 200m backstroke Men
    - 200m breaststroke Men
    - 200m butterfly Men
    - 200m freestyle Men...
    +relays

Amazing athlete nevertheless

I was born in Jamaica & Usain Bolt has been amazing so far.

Don't forget the 50 meter freestyle. All those strokes are beatiful and more difficult to swim than they appear.

Peace

• g under p wrote:
    I was born in Jamaica & Usain Bolt has been amazing so far.

Don't forget the 50 meter freestyle. All those strokes are beatiful and more difficult to swim than they appear.

Peace

True, it's not a swim in the park fountain for sure, but just compared to other olympic sports many swimming events are similar enough so that it's possible to fit them all in one training schedule. It's hard to come up with any other sport where winning 8 medals can be done during single Olympics. 100 Metres running is so different with 400 metres that the runners can usually do 100 and 200 or 200 and 400 at the top level and couple of relays.

Maybe someone with nerves of steel and a perfect eye-hand coordination could train all shooting events, but i don't think anyone could handle the pressure, not to mention all the different techniques involved.
    Did anybody see the underwater sequence from below the swimmers that shows clearly how MP won his race by the closet of time 1/100th of a second.

Peace

Here comes PHELPS.......I'm so excited for him.....!! :D:D:D:D
    "What a stupid lamb."
    1/100th of a second again now it's against the US for the 41 yr old Torres.

Peace

I've been to many pools and never seen this, why are the 2 or 3 middle lanes are sectioned in yellow?

Peace

• mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    I'm sure Phelps can beat Aquaman in a race.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Wow great race USA and congrats Phelps. :D
    Give it up SPEEDO....[size=5+]1 MILLION $$$$$ baby![/size]

Peace

• lamperti77lamperti77 Posts: 365
    I'm sure the rest of you have been watching a ton of olympic swimming the past week. have either of you noticed that aaron peirsol looks like mike mccready's twin or at least brother?
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
    g under p wrote:
    Give it up SPEEDO....[size=5+]1 MILLION $$$$$ baby![/size]

Peace

I wonder what were the odds of MP going 8 for 8? I gather SPEEDO was betting against it but what a nice bonus for all that work.

Peace