I love philly cheesesteaks!

13»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dankind wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I've only been to NY twice for real quick trips and we stopped at random joints. You could tell the New Yorkers cuz they were the ones folding their slices in half :lol:

One problem is that you probably stayed in Manhattan. Next time you're in NYC, hit me up and I'll take you on a nice pizza tour of Brooklyn.

Keep your pants on, though. I've got kids.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    dankind wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I've only been to NY twice for real quick trips and we stopped at random joints. You could tell the New Yorkers cuz they were the ones folding their slices in half :lol:

One problem is that you probably stayed in Manhattan. Next time you're in NYC, hit me up and I'll take you on a nice pizza tour of Brooklyn.

I couldn't tell you where the hell I was. The first time I was there was for a show at CBGB's...we went to some place down the street. The second time was just a stopover because the rental car had a taillight out...was right outside of Central Park.

Well you're no fun! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    dankind wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

How's the dominos in Brooklyn?
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I couldn't tell you where the hell I was. The first time I was there was for a show at CBGB's...we went to some place down the street. The second time was just a stopover because the rental car had a taillight out...was right outside of Central Park.

Well you're no fun! :lol:

Manhattan, for sure -- and not near the best pizza.

And I'm fun. How do think I got those kids? :mrgreen:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Did you fly into JFK or LaGuardia?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    dankind wrote:
    Manhattan, for sure -- and not near the best pizza.
    And I'm fun. How do think I got those kids? :mrgreen:

Well! I shall keep an open mind then. Are there burough pizza wars?!

:lol: Indeed!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    I may have to run to Genos at some point this weekend with this thread.

I eat a lot more pork sandwiches than cheesesteaks though.
    DS1119 wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

How's the dominos in Brooklyn?

Sadly, there is one.

Now, to get back on topic. The place where I got my cheesesteaks for lunch, Carl's Steaks, closed. I used to go there often, and it was always packed. Oh, well. There's one in Midtown, but I'm rarely up there.

As a testament to how good they were, it was the official cheesesteak of the New York Yankees, or some such nonsense, and I still gave them my money.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    dankind wrote:
    Sadly, there is one.

Now, to get back on topic. The place where I got my cheesesteaks for lunch, Carl's Steaks, closed. I used to go there often, and it was always packed. Oh, well. There's one in Midtown, but I'm rarely up there.

As a testament to how good they were, it was the official cheesesteak of the New York Yankees, or some such nonsense, and I still gave them my money.
    On third near 34th street? I used to go there all the time when I lived in the city. Damn good.
    Get_Right wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    Sadly, there is one.

On third near 34th street? I used to go there all the time when I lived in the city. Damn good.

That one is still there. I work in Lower Manhattan, so I would go to one on Chambers.
    I SAW PEARL JAM