I love philly cheesesteaks!

given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
That's what we're having for dinner. Yum!

I make 'em myself. And they are delish!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    i will pm you my address send me one even if it's frozen hehe :D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • i've had a good one once, it was actually in philly.
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    It's not even just the chesse steaks.. but i think philly has the best sandwiches all around: pork, hoagies, and chesse steaks mmmmmm.

Its all in the roll.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Wit?
  • That's what we're having for dinner. Yum!

I make 'em myself. And they are delish!

i love philly cheese steaks ...they are my favorite!! :D cheese steaks, hoagies, and tastey cakes are the only good thing about philly :D
  • provolone wit to be exact!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    the one recipe that features cheez whiz in all its glory.
  • Oh sometimes I miss Philly so much!!

I love cheese steaks. I'll have to have one over christmas!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i ate at yocco's today.
  • It's all about the good roll and meat with not fat

I like my mine wit-provolone

Hot Peppers occasionally
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • What cut of meat do you use?
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I like mine whiz with !
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    yum...
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • whiz wit!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Oh sometimes I miss Philly so much!!

I love cheese steaks. I'll have to have one over christmas!

Have you been to Philly's Best on Belmont?

If not, you must! :)

My husband loved their cheesesteaks and he's from here, so his opinion on them is valid! :D We used to live on Belmont & Sheffield, and we got food from there all the time. Their pizza is awesome too.

And...

They actually have Tastykakes! (In case you were missing them. And you must be! :D) I think they're like the only place in the entire midwest that has them. The guy who owns/runs it is from somewhere near here and has them sent.
  • I've never been to phillys best but I've been past it many times. My friend lives on orchard and belmont so we've joked about going there. Dont they have herrs chips too? I toured that factory once with a job I was working at. Its so awesome to see. When annabelle is older you should take her. They do daily guided tours and give you chips fresh off the line. Its awesome! They do kiddie tours too.
  • I've never been to phillys best but I've been past it many times. My friend lives on orchard and belmont so we've joked about going there. Dont they have herrs chips too? I toured that factory once with a job I was working at. Its so awesome to see. When annabelle is older you should take her. They do daily guided tours and give you chips fresh off the line. Its awesome! They do kiddie tours too.

That sounds fun!

I don't know if they have herr's or not. I wasn't really aware of those until I moved here. (And they're awesome! :))
  • That sounds fun!

I don't know if they have herr's or not. I wasn't really aware of those until I moved here. (And they're awesome! :))
    i wasn't aware that Herr's were only sold in the Philly area....this seriously make me reconsider my plans to move :eek: I love Herr's red hot potato chips!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mmmm....cheesesteak.

l.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    drool drool drool. I so hope PJ plays in Philly in '13 so I can go back and have these tasty treats!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    i would kill for a real cheese steak right now with a side of herrs chips and some tastykakes as desert :fp:

i see a spring road trip in my future to philly :D
    i would kill for a real cheese steak right now

I can appreciate that.
    Just saw a segment about this place on the Travel Channel. I've never heard of it before. Tomorrow is my day off and now I know what's for lunch.

http://www.morrettes.com/
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    F Philly!

Yep.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just saw a segment about this place on the Travel Channel. I've never heard of it before. Tomorrow is my day off and now I know what's for lunch.

http://www.morrettes.com/

Pretty good sandwich I must say.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Took my gf's friends to Philly to do the pats and genos cheesesteaks. Wiz WITHOUT plz!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    WANT NOW
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:

been to the one down on belmont. i was not impressed. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I refuse to eat a cheesesteak anywhere other than in Philly. I don't like to be teased :nono:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2