The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    The final will probably be USA vs. Arg. or USA vs. Spain.

USA is gonna seek revenge for what happened in 2004, but we all know this is NOT the year of revenges ;) history will repeat itself :D (SEE Brazil vs. France, Argentina vs. Germany, and Germany vs. Italy in the World Cup...hehehe :D )

Hahahaha, it doesn't seem a year for it no.
    Hey this is disappointing you forget us. We didn't get revange on Portugal.;) I feel somewhat cast aside. :(
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Towerman wrote:
    Inter won the Italian Supercup against Roma 4-3, they were losing 3 -0 in the first half... Adriano played like shit and was substituted fro Crespo who scored a goal, Figo was the hero scoring the decisive goal. This seems like their year...

It damn well better be, if not now than never.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Towerman wrote:
    Inter won the Italian Supercup against Roma 4-3, they were losing 3 -0 in the first half... Adriano played like shit and was substituted fro Crespo who scored a goal, Figo was the hero scoring the decisive goal. This seems like their year...

Yep. With most of the other "big" teams out of the way, and having Crespo back...it sure looks like it is.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Hahahaha, it doesn't seem a year for it no.
    Hey this is disappointing you forget us. We didn't get revange on Portugal.;) I feel somewhat cast aside. :(

Sorry :o I didn't think there was a pending business between Holland and Portugal before the WC? :confused: was it on the Euro Cup? (I've been kinda out of date on European football until recently, I'm trying to catch up with everything :) )

♪ Juli ♪
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    The final will probably be USA vs. Arg. or USA vs. Spain.

USA is gonna seek revenge for what happened in 2004, but we all know this is NOT the year of revenges ;) history will repeat itself :D (SEE Brazil vs. France, Argentina vs. Germany, and Germany vs. Italy in the World Cup...hehehe :D )

hahah, USA first defeat ever with NBA players was to Argentina in the 2002 World Cup that Serbia won and then we all know what happened at the Olympics... so this game is kinda becoming a classic. Anyway I'll be happy with either team wininng the WC... for some reason I never liked Spain in almost anything, I mean just talking about sports...
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Sorry :o I didn't think there was a pending business between Holland and Portugal before the WC? :confused: was it on the Euro Cup? (I've been kinda out of date on European football until recently, I'm trying to catch up with everything :) )

Yes semi final Euro 2004 they won and they desevered the win that day. On the world cup? No not if you ask me. Anyway they are a team that is of the same strenght as we are and yet we always have a tough match against them, and we usually lose in the important matches against them.
    Towerman wrote:
    hahah, USA first defeat ever with NBA players was to Argentina in the 2002 World Cup that Serbia won and then we all know what happened at the Olympics... so this game is kinda becoming a classic. Anyway I'll be happy with either team wininng the WC... for some reason I never liked Spain in almost anything, I mean just talking about sports...

haha :D I'm rooting for Argentina and Spain. I would root for USA but I don't know...if USA wins it'll go to their heads :p besides, they have the NBA and are historically without a doubt the best country in Basketball overall...so I'm rooting for the "breath of fresh air" :D hehe.

♪ Juli ♪
    Yes semi final Euro 2004 they won and they desevered the win that day. On the world cup? No not if you ask me. Anyway they are a team that is of the same strenght as we are and yet we always have a tough match against them, and we usually lose in the important matches against them.

A-ha! then consider Holland added to the list :D

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    A-ha! then consider Holland added to the list :D

:confused: Thanks I guess.:D
    :confused: Thanks I guess.:D

lol...well hopefully the teams seeking revenge will get it soon (in football...not basketball....hehehhehehehe :D )

♪ Juli ♪
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha :D I'm rooting for Argentina and Spain. I would root for USA but I don't know...if USA wins it'll go to their heads :p besides, they have the NBA and are historically without a doubt the best country in Basketball overall...so I'm rooting for the "breath of fresh air" :D hehe.

yeah the USA is for basketball what Brazil is for football imo, the USA 1992 Dream Team is considered the best ever in the sport just as the brazilian 1970 team in football... they always have the best players and all but that doesn't always secure you anything.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    lol...well hopefully the teams seeking revenge will get it soon (in football...not basketball....hehehhehehehe :D )

That would mean Argentina gets to the final of the world cup 2010 and Holland will beat them to saddle the score from back in 1978.:D I looked it up during the world cup and if I remember correctly that was the only Arg-Hol that we lost. Talk about peaking at the right moment.:D
    Towerman wrote:
    yeah the USA is for basketball what Brazil is for football imo, the USA 1992 Dream Team is considered the best ever in the sport just as the brazilian 1970 team in football... they always have the best players and all but that doesn't always secure you anything.

Exactly. And I suppose the 2002 or 2004 USA team was like this year's Brazil, lol.

And Argentina is always like the 2nd or 3rd or 4th...in both sports. A good team, but it's not the most favorite or popular one, hahaha.

♪ Juli ♪
    That would mean Argentina gets to the final of the world cup 2010 and Holland will beat them to saddle the score from back in 1978.:D I looked it up during the world cup and if I remember correctly that was the only Arg-Hol that we lost. Talk about peaking at the right moment.:D

LOL! :D yeah...or we could get revenge of the more recent '98 loss ;)

Holland always gave us a headache. And those games are classics in a way, although for some strange reason there's no hate between the Argentine and Dutch fans :confused:

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    LOL! :D yeah...or we could get revenge of the more recent '98 loss ;)

Holland always gave us a headache. And those games are classics in a way, although for some strange reason there's no hate between the Argentine and Dutch fans :confused:

Well I pick Argantina over Brazil because of their jersey for one thing. Mostly though because they play attacking football and do less moaning than the Brazilian players. I am afraid that with Robben in our team that image is a bit hard to maintain for Holland but we will try.
    Well I pick Argantina over Brazil because of their jersey for one thing. Mostly though because they play attacking football and do less moaning than the Brazilian players. I am afraid that with Robben in our team that image is a bit hard to maintain for Holland but we will try.

Good pick ;) plus, you have to. Your princess is Argentinean! hahaha :D

During World Cups I choose Holland, Spain, and Italy as my alternative teams. And yes, I do like their kits...hehe.

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Good pick ;) plus, you have to. Your princess is Argentinean! hahaha :D

During World Cups I choose Holland, Spain, and Italy as my alternative teams. And yes, I do like their kits...hehe.

I do as well not Italy though. I can't stand them, they did play this year but usually they look like they don't want to play football. Maybe they would rather be on a catwalk or something.:D
    I do as well not Italy though. I can't stand them, they did play this year but usually they look like they don't want to play football. Maybe they would rather be on a catwalk or something.:D

hahahaha :D true!

♪ Juli ♪
    And yet another play will leave PSV. Mika Väyrynen will most likely exchange the club from Eindhoven for Celta the Vigo. Too bad I had high hopes for him doing well this season. He is looking for a change because of the enormous amount of midfield player that are under contract in Eindhoven. He wasn't a first pick although he did play in quite a few matches if he was fit. However Cocu and Simons are undisputed and youth players Aissati and Affelay get a lot of playing time. The of the time is for other players. Mika wants to play regularly and he doesn't see this happening for PSV.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    And yet another play will leave PSV. Mika Väyrynen will most likely exchange the club from Eindhoven for Celta the Vigo. Too bad I had high hopes for him doing well this season. He is looking for a change because of the enormous amount of midfield player that are under contract in Eindhoven. He wasn't a first pick although he did play in quite a few matches if he was fit. However Cocu and Simons are undisputed and youth players Aissati and Affelay get a lot of playing time. The of the time is for other players. Mika wants to play regularly and he doesn't see this happening for PSV.

Good news, he isn't good enough. Also with Mendez and Culina we have enough good midfielders.

I heard today that PSV is intrested in Hofland. Hofland will be loaned of Wolfsburg and over year PSV will buy him.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Good news, he isn't good enough. Also with Mendez and Culina we have enough good midfielders.

Well you know I disagree on this one. He is good enough, and even though we have enough midfielders I liked him very much. I an sad to see Mika go.
    Klumpie wrote:
    I heard today that PSV is intrested in Hofland. Hofland will be loaned of Wolfsburg and over year PSV will buy him.

Who did you hear that from, your inner voice?:D
    No it would be very good news. I also like the idea of getting him on loan first. Buy a player now and you will have to pay the full price, get them on loan and the chances are that in a year he will be sold for less. Shorter contract and he's not in the future plans anyway. Good move if they can realize it.
    Well you know I disagree on this one. He is good enough, and even though we have enough midfielders I liked him very much. I an sad to see Mika go.

You have all the right to disagree. So have I, I disagree with you. ;)

Who did you hear that from, your inner voice?:D
    No it would be very good news. I also like the idea of getting him on loan first. Buy a player now and you will have to pay the full price, get them on loan and the chances are that in a year he will be sold for less. Shorter contract and he's not in the future plans anyway. Good move if they can realize it.

My anonymous sources ;) But it would be great if they get Hofland and Kromkamp. And there is big chance they will get Kluivert.
    Klumpie wrote:
    You have all the right to disagree. So have I, I disagree with you. ;)
    Hey you don't have the right to disagree with me.;):D:cool:

Klumpie wrote:
    My anonymous sources ;) But it would be great if they get Hofland and Kromkamp. And there is big chance they will get Kluivert.

Yes there seems no way to get around it. Kluivert is coming, all we can do if hope. Hofland and Kromkamp it would be sweet.
    Hey you don't have the right to disagree with me.;):D:cool:

Agreed :p
    Yes there seems no way to get around it. Kluivert is coming, all we can do if hope. Hofland and Kromkamp it would be sweet.

If he reach his high level he could be important, but i'm affraid he will not reach that level. And about Kromkamp and Hofland...yeah...this PSV management has alot of talkies but... well you can fill that one in.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Agreed :p.

:D
    Klumpie wrote:
    If he reach his high level he could be important, but i'm affraid he will not reach that level. And about Kromkamp and Hofland...yeah...this PSV management has alot of talkies but... well you can fill that one in.

They don't fill any holeies.:D
    They don't fill any holeies.:D

Klumpie wrote:

Just so you know we aren't half wits, it is just an insider Dutch joke.;)
    It's official Kluivert to PSV

http://www.psvzone.nl/artikel.php?id=4825
    End of first half:

BOCA 3-0 San Lorenzo

1 by Palacio and 2 by Palermo.

Heck yeah! :D this is a party!!!!! :D

♪ Juli ♪