The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Well we had a kick ass score today in the Dutch league AZ - NAC 8-1. Au that must hurt. Say bye bye to your ambitions NAC.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Well we had a kick ass score today in the Dutch league AZ - NAC 8-1. Au that must hurt. Say bye bye to your ambitions NAC.

8-1??????? :eek: darn! Must've been a pretty exciting game for AZ fans :D lol.

Today I listened to the Boca-Independiente game. Sounded like an entertaining match. Boca won 1-0, but could've/should've won by more :p

Oh! and in other news, Basile gave today the list of players for the friendly match against Brazil on September 3rd in London. Not surprisingly, there are a lot of Boca Juniors and EX-Boca Juniors players. (keeping in mind that Basile is still Boca's coach until Sep. 14th)

Here's the list:

Abbondanzieri, Franco, Fuentes, Samuel, Ibarra, Milito, Clemente Rodríguez, Coloccini, Zabaleta, Mascherano, Somoza, Riquelme, Insúa, Bilos, Lucho González, Maxi Rodríguez, Tevez, Messi, Chelito Delgado y Agüero.

Here's the news source link, with player profiles and stuff included:

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/08/19/um/m-01255450.htm
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • PeryPery Posts: 1,740
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    8-1??????? :eek: darn! Must've been a pretty exciting game for AZ fans :D lol.

Today I listened to the Boca-Independiente game. Sounded like an entertaining match. Boca won 1-0, but could've/should've won by more :p

Oh! and in other news, Basile gave today the list of players for the friendly match against Brazil on September 3rd in London. Not surprisingly, there are a lot of Boca Juniors and EX-Boca Juniors players. (keeping in mind that Basile is still Boca's coach until Sep. 14th)

Here's the list:

Abbondanzieri, Franco, Fuentes, Samuel, Ibarra, Milito, Clemente Rodríguez, Coloccini, Zabaleta, Mascherano, Somoza, Riquelme, Insúa, Bilos, Lucho González, Maxi Rodríguez, Tevez, Messi, Chelito Delgado y Agüero.

Here's the news source link, with player profiles and stuff included:

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/08/19/um/m-01255450.htm

I don't like Milito...but I'll hope I'm wrong....and It's funny how they said "Chelito" to someone over his 30's....sweeettt jajajajjajajjaja

It wasn't a good game, and Boca shouldn't get back after the goal...I hate when they do that...In the second half, Independiente could made it even :mad:
    Buenos Aires 25 - 11 - 2005
    Buenos Aires 26 - 11 - 2005

********Proud 2 b Jammer!*******
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Pery wrote:
    I don't like Milito...but I'll hope I'm wrong....and It's funny how they said "Chelito" to someone over his 30's....sweeettt jajajajjajajjaja

It wasn't a good game, and Boca shouldn't get back after the goal...I hate when they do that...In the second half, Independiente could made it even :mad:

Yeah, I know. Boca should've made a couple more goals during the 1st half.

I'm not the biggest fan of Milito either, nor Delgado. I would've picked Burdisso and Palacio in their places. And I would've called Crespo as well, lol. But hey, it's only a friendly and it's the first game with the new coach. I doubt the line-up will be the same 4 years from now anyway ;) On a more positive note, I'm glad they called Clemente, Insua, Ibarra, and Bilos. And I heard that in the future even "El Cata" Diaz could join the national team. As you may know, I'm loving the new "techinique" lol. I've always said, why not just put the whole Boca squad, or about 80% of it in the national team so we do better? ;) haha :D Heck, now the Argie team even has our coach. We better win the Copa America AND the World Cup then...lol.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    HSv played 2:2 and it was an awful match really on some parts ...for now i see very bad for Tuesday.....bec. ossuna ain´t cottbus...

by the way West Ham won ..boro lost
    and i read liverpool didn´t start well at all .....
    and manu is playing today
    can someone tell me more ´bout JOHNNY HEITINGA from Ajax ?
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649

If you want the most overrated defender of Ajax, I would say 'Get him' ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    If you want the most overrated defender of Ajax, I would say 'Get him' ;)

why overrated ???

and what do you know about Robbert Schilder and Jeroen Drost???

I can tell you I just read about Boumsong and HSV. how about that? Wouldn't that be nice?
    why overrated ???

Why do you want to know about Schilder and Drost?

Schilder wants to play midfield and Drost is a leftback.

Schilder just made it to Ajax 1 and is looking to play elsewhere on loan.

Drost is very reasonable and has the potention to grow. I think he and Emmanuelson and Braafheid will eventually decide which of them will play in the orange jersey.
    I can tell you I just read about Boumsong and HSV. how about that? Wouldn't that be nice?

yes it would ...he plays for newcastle right...and is a good player right?
    Why do you want to know about Schilder and Drost?

Schilder wants to play midfield and Drost is a leftback.

Schilder just made it to Ajax 1 and is looking to play elsewhere on loan.

Drost is very reasonable and has the potention to grow. I think he and Emmanuelson and Braafheid will eventually decide which of them will play in the orange jersey.

well bec. some hsv supporters talked about them !

cool so maybe for HSV !!!???:D

do bought can be good for us lol
    why overrated ???

He is overrated, that's why.

Robert Schilder and Jeroen Drost, hmmm...not my favourites ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    He is overrated, that's why.

Robert Schilder and Jeroen Drost, hmmm...not my favourites ;)

okey ....well i am a bit dissapointed seems our scouts ain´t that good as the bremen scouts ...i am unsure what will be van buyten-gone,boularouz -gone (the best deffence last season):(:(
    okey ....well i am a bit dissapointed seems our scouts ain´t that good as the bremen scouts ...i am unsure what will be van buyten-gone,boularouz -gone (the best deffence last season):(:(

Kompany is a good defender and maybe you have to buy Matthijssen of AZ, he's a good defender.
    Boumsong vervanger Boulahrouz'
    Geschreven door Pieter Hanson op zondag, 20 augustus om 10:39

Jean-Alain Boumsong is een belangrijke gegadigde om Khalid Boulahrouz op te volgen bij Hamburger SV, zo meldt SkySports. Boulahrouz verblijft momenteel in Londen om zijn transfer naar Chelsea af te ronden.

De clubleiding van HSV zou in Boumsong een ideale vervanger zien van de Nederlandse international. De Franse verdediger zou bij de Noord-Duitse club een centraal duo moeten gaan vormen met Vincent Kompany.

Boumsong staat momenteel nog onder contract bij Newcastle United, maar mag deze club verlaten. Onlangs liep een overgang naar Olympique Marseille stuk. Afgelopen week lukte het ook RC Lens niet op de Fransman vast te leggen.

De 26-jarige Boumsong kwam eerder uit voor Le Havre, AJ Auxerre en Glasgow Rangers. Hij is meervoudig Frans international en speelde mee op het EK 2004 en het WK 2006.

what does it says here?

Jean-Alain Boumsong is een belangrijke gegadigde om Khalid Boulahrouz op te volgen bij Hamburger SV, zo meldt SkySports. Boulahrouz verblijft momenteel in Londen om zijn transfer naar Chelsea af te ronden.

De clubleiding van HSV zou in Boumsong een ideale vervanger zien van de Nederlandse international. De Franse verdediger zou bij de Noord-Duitse club een centraal duo moeten gaan vormen met Vincent Kompany.

Boumsong staat momenteel nog onder contract bij Newcastle United, maar mag deze club verlaten. Onlangs liep een overgang naar Olympique Marseille stuk. Afgelopen week lukte het ook RC Lens niet op de Fransman vast te leggen.

De 26-jarige Boumsong kwam eerder uit voor Le Havre, AJ Auxerre en Glasgow Rangers. Hij is meervoudig Frans international en speelde mee op het EK 2004 en het WK 2006.

what does it says here?

Jeez Louis. I will give it a go hang on.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Kompany is a good defender and maybe you have to buy Matthijssen of AZ, he's a good defender.

but he is injured now:(

Matthijssen ?Can you tell me more´bout him?

what does it says here?

Boumsong is to replace Boulahrouz
    Written by Blablabla

Jean-Alain Boumsong is an important candidate to step in Khalid Boulahrouz his footsteps over at Hamburger SV, this is said by SkySport. Boulahrouz is momentarily staying in Londen to finalise his transfer to Chelsea.

The board of HSV supposedly would see the ideal candidate to replace the Dutch international. The French defender would have to form the centre defending duo with Vincent Kompany at the North German club.

Boumsong momentarily is under contract with Newcastle United, but is allowed to leave the club. A transfer to Marseille only recently failed as did a transfer to Lens this week.

The 26 year old defender has played for Le Havre, AJ Auxerre and Glasgow Rangers. He is a French international who played at Euro ‘04 and the past world cup.
    but he is injured now:(

Matthijssen ?Can you tell me more´bout him?

He is a resonable marker not as good as Boulah, but he is more comfertable on the ball. He can score has a good eye for the space infront of him. He can give a pass and is fairly strong with his head.

He is not injured though.

It depends on how they scouted them. They could be good players eventually right now no they are not ready go play on the level you want.

Heitinga has to grow and get his old level back. He did good for a while but lost his starting position and feel back miles. Now he is starting to get back, but is not there yet. I think in the end he will be stronger for it. Still I think he has to stay a while longer he isn't there yet.
    Drost is a youth international and the left back for Heerenveen he still has to get better before he can move elsewhere. I do think the before mentioned Braafheid and Emmanuelson are better than he is.
    Schilder just made it into the selection he hasn't played two many if any matches on the highest level. Not a transfer that will make HSV a stonger side right now.
    Jeez Louis. I will give it a go hang on.

beiersdorfer just said on the phone in a sport show that no talking ´bout boumsong:(
    He is a resonable marker not as good as Boulah, but he is more comfertable on the ball. He can score has a good eye for the space infront of him. He can give a pass and is fairly strong with his head.

He is not injured though.

that sounds not to bad;)
    beiersdorfer just said on the phone in a sport show that no talking ´bout boumsong:(

Why not? Or didn't he say that. I think he is a good defender. I can't think of a reason why Newcastle wants to let him go.
    It depends on how they scouted them. They could be good players eventually right now no they are not ready go play on the level you want.

Heitinga has to grow and get his old level back. He did good for a while but lost his starting position and feel back miles. Now he is starting to get back, but is not there yet. I think in the end he will be stronger for it. Still I think he has to stay a while longer he isn't there yet.
    Drost is a youth international and the left back for Heerenveen he still has to get better before he can move elsewhere. I do think the before mentioned Braafheid and Emmanuelson are better than he is.
    Schilder just made it into the selection he hasn't played two many if any matches on the highest level. Not a transfer that will make HSV a stonger side right now.

thank you for that long info ...i´ve no idear how hamburg scouts...
    that sounds not to bad;)

Yes not too bad. But he will coast a penny or two. And AZ doesn't have to let him go. They would probable HAGGLE OVER THE PRICE AND THEN THE TRANSFER WINDOW WOULD BE CLOSED.
    Why not? Or didn't he say that. I think he is a good defender. I can't think of a reason why Newcastle wants to let him go.

He din´t say that .of course not.decret ...lol...i´ve no idear too.
    Yes not too bad. But he will coast a penny or two. And AZ doesn't have to let him go. They would probable HAGGLE OVER THE PRICE AND THEN THE TRANSFER WINDOW WOULD BE CLOSED.

well we got now more than that ...boula made it possible ...yes and than we can get him by next year for free or cheaper...
    He din´t say that .of course not.decret ...lol...i´ve no idear too.

Maybe it is just tactics to lower the asking price.
    Maybe it is just tactics to lower the asking price.

could be acctually we have now enough money but as i read Doll wants to have three new players...!!!!