The Office

Comments

• iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I didn't think it was too bad. The Jim/Dwight thing was the best part of the episode.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    "she's not a virgin you know..." -<3 dwight

i agree with everyone that the jim/dwight scenes were the best.
  • anyone else starting to feel bad for Andy and how Angela is stringing him along:(
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • anyone else starting to feel bad for Andy and how Angela is stringing him along:(

yes, very much. but i love dwight.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • yes, very much. but i love dwight.
    the Jim and Pam thing had a wrench thrown into it too tonight:(
  • the Jim and Pam thing had a wrench thrown into it too tonight:(

say no more, i'm at work and won't be able to watch it for another hour.
    ~D.K.S.
  • say no more, i'm at work and won't be able to watch it for another hour.
    oooppppsss sorry!
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Yeah Angela makes me really upset.
    Happiness is only real when shared
    I'm upset with how they're twisting the Jim/Pam thing again.
    The only scene that was actually funny last night is when Jim and Dwight were doing the mock phone call.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Im kinda disappointed in this season so far. But I still love the show.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • jasonwjasonw Posts: 389
    iamica wrote:
    I'm upset with how they're twisting the Jim/Pam thing again.
    The only scene that was actually funny last night is when Jim and Dwight were doing the mock phone call.

Maybe Jim will get a job at corporate and they can both stay in NY.
  • oooppppsss sorry!

don't worry about it, i at least knew what you meant with the whole andy/angela/dwight triangle.

last nights episode (imo) was the funniest of the season. i woke my wife up 3 times because i was laughing so hard. the mock phone call, dwight and jim in the car (peeling out into the parking space), dwight telling a customer on the phone to shut up because he can hear breathing, even kelly (least favorite character for me) and michael giggling in his office.

i don't like that douche in ny, pam's friend. but that's probably how everyone feels about him.

man, it feels so good to be caught up with everyone else. we went about 2.5 years without tv, and we never watched the office when we did have tv. a friend of mine at work let me borrow season one on dvd earlier this year and my wife and i fell in love with the show. after the weekend of watching season one, we borrowed seasons 2 and 3 from the same co-worker and had all 3 seasons burned. season 4 had already started, and was in the middle of the writers strike. as soon as season 4 came out on dvd i picked it up and we had a marathon and watched it all that weekend. then last saturday we had cable hooked up, so we got online and watched the first 5 episodes of this season. we've been so used to watching one episode after another, and it's really effing hard to have to wait an entire week for the next episode.
    ~D.K.S.
  • i've been asking everyone i know that watches this show who their favorite character is and why. at first everyone said michael, so i've decided to alter it to "leaving michael out of it, who's your favorite character". personally, my favorite character is dwight. how can you not love him? just about everything that comes out of his mouth is comedy. even his reactions and body language is golden. my favorite dwight line is....well, it's my sig. and one of my favorite dwight non speaking funny moments was in the bat episode, when he thinks jim is turning into a vampire. at the end of the day, the camera shows dwight close up at the water cooler, and when it pulls back jim is standing right behind him, and when dwight notices it, he flinches. don't know why, but it just cracks me up.

what about everyone else? leaving michael out of it, who's your favorite character?
    ~D.K.S.
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    Jim is my favorite

Only due to the fact that Jim and Dwight fight a lot

last nights episode was funny as hell with those two
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I enjoyed last night's episode. Especially Andy & Oscar's night out. Andy is getting much more likable.

The Concierge lady interaction was o.k. She also plays one of the cops on Reno 911.

I'm glad that Pam is back.

Kelley and Darrell's break up was great, especially the part showing Darrell walking to his truck in a celebratory mood, and then Ryan realizing what he had done. Ha- serves him right. He is such a jerk.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Yea, I definitely enjoyed last night's episode.

Loved when Andy realized in the morning that he called Angela.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    PJSerf wrote:
    Yea, I definitely enjoyed last night's episode.

Loved when Andy realized in the morning that he called Angela.

"Back to 1st Base."

"What's 1st base with Angela?"

"A kiss on the forehead."

Ha!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I wish they would have tied the events in from the last episode a bit more, why Pam and Jim stopped talking on the phone, and I'm sure they both had thoughts or had to have a conversation about that NY guy's comments.

I also wish Andy found out about Dwight and Angela. I thought for a while Andy was going to get drunk and accidentally cheat on Angela, and then she would break up with him or something.

As for my favorite character, I'd say Oscar. He's just really likable, charismatic, and I find it funny the tone of voice he delivers some lines.

Creed is hilarious too, he just hasn't had much camera time lately which is sad.
    Happiness is only real when shared
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I wish they would have tied the events in from the last episode a bit more, why Pam and Jim stopped talking on the phone, and I'm sure they both had thoughts or had to have a conversation about that NY guy's comments.

I also wish Andy found out about Dwight and Angela. I thought for a while Andy was going to get drunk and accidentally cheat on Angela, and then she would break up with him or something.

As for my favorite character, I'd say Oscar. He's just really likable, charismatic, and I find it funny the tone of voice he delivers some lines.

Creed is hilarious too, he just hasn't had much camera time lately which is sad.

I fell asleep last week and missed most, if not all, of the episode. I need to watch it.
  • how could this thread not get bumped after last nights episode? one of the smartest things they could have done. i won't really mention it, in case someone missed it.......but both my wife and i stood up and yelled during the cold open, we were both so happy.
    ~D.K.S.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    the only series on tv I watch ... seriously ... (I'm usually watching news or sports)

they seem to be cramming too much into 1/2 hour episodes, I wish they'd switch to the full hour.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    I do think it was one of the better episodes of the season
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    how could this thread not get bumped after last nights episode? one of the smartest things they could have done. i won't really mention it, in case someone missed it.......but both my wife and i stood up and yelled during the cold open, we were both so happy.

what? bringing toby back?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    what? bringing toby back?
    i thought last night was one of the funniest episodes ever....but i've always been a fan of the toby/michael storyline. i laughed out loud a LOT. :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Yeah, I though it was pretty good. Not the best, not the worst.

Michael buying the caprese salad for $500 and tried to frame Toby with it! LOL!
  • "NOOOOOOO!" "DEAR GOD, NOOOOO!"

and Creed's reaction when the cops came in to bust Toby

and Ryan and Kelly's break up - "Can we have sex one more time? Do you have any cash?"
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • what? bringing toby back?

lol, ok i guess it's cool. i've been the person before that spoke about things and had people get pissy about it. but that's ok, you can have that honor this time (if there's anyone that didn't see last nights episode yet).

GVN2FLI: yeah, michael's reaction to toby and creed's reaction to the cops were fantastic.

the only thing i didn't really care for about last nights episode was pam being excited about the house. i really thought she'd be upset that jim did that without any input by her. my wife told me she'd be happy. when she was first looking around the house, i was saying to my wife "see? she fuckin' hates it!" then when she showed how happy she was, my wife looked at me and said "ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!" i gave her the finger.
    ~D.K.S.
  • that a boy!
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
    I almost fell on the floor laughing when Michael saw Toby again.
    "NOOOOO! NOOOOO! DEAR GOD, NO!"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    So how do you guys see this season going from this point on?

I still think Jim and Pam will break up at some point. I did think her being at school was going to be it, but that didn't quite work out as I thought.

You know Holly will be back at some point, but I wonder how that is going to happen.

When do you suppose Andy is going to find about Angela and Dwight and do you think we'll see the "rage" when he does? lol