Options

The Office

kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
New episode tomorrow!! Looks like the office finds out about Jim and Pam's engagement... does anyone think the guy in NYC will cause an issue?
"Seek my part, devote myself.
My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
-Pam Beesly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    kc_pj wrote:
    New episode tomorrow!! Looks like the office finds out about Jim and Pam's engagement... does anyone think the guy in NYC will cause an issue?
    It seems a possibility, but I'm wondering if Pam eventually falls for him or if Jim gets jealous! Just can't wait till tomorrow!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Does anyone know if we are gonna be working with a 1/2hr or full hr?
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    My guide said for a full hour. It better be! The damn debate ruined my excitement last week! :p
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    It seems a possibility, but I'm wondering if Pam eventually falls for him or if Jim gets jealous! Just can't wait till tomorrow!

She can't fall for him because that actor is also a series regular on MAD MEN. At least that's my theory.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJ212 wrote:
    She can't fall for him because that actor is also a series regular on MAD MEN. At least that's my theory.
    ohh good point!! let's hope it pulls thru! :)
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    i just don't want to see jim get hurt...:(
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    My guide said for a full hour. It better be! The damn debate ruined my excitement last week! :p

30 minutes dude. There is a SNL update at 9:30
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    30 minutes dude. There is a SNL update at 9:30

That...is...reta...stupid!

(I caught myself. :p)

:sigh:
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    i just don't want to see jim get hurt...:(

Me neither. We spent 3 seasons waiting for those two to get together, now it looks like it might actually happen. If the writers turn it around so that Pam falls in love with someone else, I'm going to be furious.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    iamica wrote:
    Me neither. We spent 3 seasons waiting for those two to get together, now it looks like it might actually happen. If the writers turn it around so that Pam falls in love with someone else, I'm going to be furious.

While I wouldn't want to see that, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. I can envision a Ross/Rachel type situation from "Friends" where they break up and then finally end up together in the end.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Was last week's new? I know 2 weeks ago it was...but I was out of town last Thursday.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    mca47 wrote:
    Was last week's new? I know 2 weeks ago it was...but I was out of town last Thursday.
    No, preempted by the debates.

This guy will cause a problem; mark my words.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    jasonwjasonw Posts: 389
    kc_pj wrote:

If he doesn't cause an issue it would almost be pointless for him to have been introduced in the first place.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    iamica wrote:
    +1
  • Options
    6 minutes...

-Pam Beesly
  • Options
    Let's get ethical!!

-Pam Beesly
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Ok, let me say this episode was very much "decent". Jim and Dwight's back and forth was the only thing that saved it.

Holly's character sucks! I cannot stand her, and I'm going to be pissed if they keep making her a focal point in this show!

She's terrible!
  • Options
    i think hr girls is only there for a couple more episiodes, and i too think she is getting stale.

"The tall one's engaged."
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Ok, let me say this episode was very much "decent". Jim and Dwight's back and forth was the only thing that saved it.

Holly's character sucks! I cannot stand her, and I'm going to be pissed if they keep making her a focal point in this show!

She's terrible!

I think the show is trying too hard with Holly

last night was 6.5/10
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Where the hell was Pam?!?!? I know she's in NY doing the school thing, but I still need to see her! I'm still on the fence as to how I feel about Holly.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    That episode was pretty weak. The only funny part, as someone said, was Jim and Dwights exchanges and when Meredith mentioned that she is getting a deal on supplies because she is having sex with the guy and she get's Outback gift certificates as well.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    That episode was pretty weak. The only funny part, as someone said, was Jim and Dwights exchanges and when Meredith mentioned that she is getting a deal on supplies because she is having sex with the guy and she get's Outback gift certificates as well.

Stanley had a funny comment as well. but overall it was lacking.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I liked the episode. I thought it was good cuz it showed Michael has some redeeming qualities. He wanted to protect Meredith from being fired. Of course, he got her into trouble in the first place with his "immunity" statement.

Although not a laugh out loud episode I thought it was more of that clever sarcastic type of humor. Especially at the end when "corporate" said that Meredith really didn't do much wrong because she was helping cut costs and he shot down Holly's argument that Meredith should be fired. Michael's smug look was funny!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I liked the episode. I thought it was good cuz it showed Michael has some redeeming qualities. He wanted to protect Meredith from being fired. Of course, he got her into trouble in the first place with his "immunity" statement.

Although not a laugh out loud episode I thought it was more of that clever sarcastic type of humor. Especially at the end when "corporate" said that Meredith really didn't do much wrong because she was helping cut costs and he shot down Holly's argument that Meredith should be fired. Michael's smug look was funny!
    "How do you tell someone you really care about...I told you so!"
  • Options
    I thought the episode was hilarious! The Jim - Dwight thing had me rolling. I was almost on the floor laughing at the Battlestar Galactica scene.

I thought it was great!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    NickyNooch wrote:
    I thought the episode was hilarious! The Jim - Dwight thing had me rolling. I was almost on the floor laughing at the Battlestar Galactica scene.

I thought it was great!

I forgot about that. That was freakin' funny! I laughed and laughed at that one. Raine Wilson's acting was so good. You could just see the frustration at not being able to correct Jim.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    NickyNooch wrote:

I thought it was great!
    agreed. thought the opener was slightly weak but last night was one of the funniest episodes of any season, imo. started laughing out loud early when michael tackle hugged jim in the beginning.

any episode with high jim/dwight interactions are usually solid. :)
  • Options
    jasonwjasonw Posts: 389

I wouldn't call wanting to protect someone from being fired for fucking paper suppliers to get discounts a "redeeming quality".
  • Options
    jasonw wrote:
    I wouldn't call wanting to protect someone from being fired for fucking paper suppliers to get discounts a "redeeming quality".

I guess it depends on how big the discount, right? :)

Actually, it was his loyalty to an employee that was a redeeming quality and that he felt guilty because he had promised immunity. He could have just sucked up to Holly to please her.
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    funny episode :D
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust