michigan wolverines.....

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Haha, I should have taken some of this action.

I know soulsinging is a buckeye, so this is a good day. I like to root for the Big Ten teams in general, but I have a hard time pulling for Michigan. I dont know why.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • that's not get crazy

Michigan hasn't turned into Temple overnight

Judging from the last 2 weeks, yea they have.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Haha, I should have taken some of this action.

I know soulsinging is a buckeye, so this is a good day. I like to root for the Big Ten teams in general, but I have a hard time pulling for Michigan. I dont know why.

though to be fair... the buckeyes looked pretty weak today too. odd that these two teams were so completely dominant last season and look to be so weak this season.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    though to be fair... the buckeyes looked pretty weak today too. odd that these two teams were so completely dominant last season and look to be so weak this season.

not that odd.

just overrated

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    not that odd.

just overrated

It's both. Atleast for Michigan. I think O-State will get it together the rest of the way. Atleast they're 2-0. As for UM, yeah this team was overrated badly. People, including myself, expected the defense to just reload, a la O-State last year, but they just didn't. The defense looks so slow, especially compared to last years team. They can't compete with a spread offense and fast QB. Well, wake the fuck up. It's what the college game is turning to and UM will be left behind if they don't figure it out. It's odd b/c Mich hasn't lost two straight home games to open a season since 1959. This was their worst loss since 1968. Yes, very overrated to start the season, but still very unusual for a Michigan team with a loaded offense.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • As a Wisconsin Badger fan I love this. :)
    IwasBittin wrote:
    It's both. Atleast for Michigan. I think O-State will get it together the rest of the way. Atleast they're 2-0. As for UM, yeah this team was overrated badly. People, including myself, expected the defense to just reload, a la O-State last year, but they just didn't. The defense looks so slow, especially compared to last years team. They can't compete with a spread offense and fast QB. Well, wake the fuck up. It's what the college game is turning to and UM will be left behind if they don't figure it out. It's odd b/c Mich hasn't lost two straight home games to open a season since 1959. This was their worst loss since 1968. Yes, very overrated to start the season, but still very unusual for a Michigan team with a loaded offense.

Ohio State didn't look so impressive today against....

i already forgot the name of the team

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    haha again

PENN ST BABY

SCREW THE IRISH
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    brainofPJ wrote:
    not that odd.

just overrated
    Once confirming the fact that there should be no rankings until the middle of october.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    brainofPJ wrote:

akron. it wasn't as bad as the score looked. their defense was solid. akron never moved. the problem is the offense just seemed very confused and hapless. it wasn't an akron thing... it was an us thing. there was a safety, 3 fumbled, and 2 interceptions and akron still never came close to scoring. to be fair, it was raining and that seemed to make them a bit hesitant. i saw more than a few players just wipe out while trying to run out there. it was a very underwhelming offensive performance, but i don't think it's necessarily a death knell for their season. the question is whether or not they can get their shit together in time for washington net week, cos if not they are going to lose.

not as bad as michigan lost yesterday though ;)
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I'm kinda pulling for Wisconsin to represent the Big Ten this year. I think they have a legit shot at a championship.

And on another note: Illinois should be 8-4 this year, with a bowl appearance.

I see their losses against Penn State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin, along with their loss already.

I think they will beat Syracuse next week, and should beat Michigan, Iowa, and the rest.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    Once confirming the fact that there should be no rankings until the middle of october.

totally agree with this

• im with soulsinging.....

MY OREGON DUCKS WILL BEAT THE WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

quack quack quack.............
    quack quack quack..........................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • quack quack quack..........................

Mr. Ducksworth
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    As a Wisconsin Badger fan I love this. :)

Couldn't agree more. I LOVE seeing Michigan at 0-2 and would love it if OSU would join them. Hopefully this is the Badger year to be the Big 10 BCS team (since they should have been the 3rd last year).

Big red gave me a good scare at UNLV last night, but I'm glad they came through. Having them beat us in the tourney for hoops was bad enough, I didn't want to have the same in football.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • man for a second I thought the titled of this thread was "Magician Wolverines"
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .

Quack Quack Quack
    NERDS!
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    brainofPJ wrote:

Ohio State has still to yet give up a touchdown this year. It's may be against Akron and Youngstown, but holding a team to under 100 yards total offense is still sort of an accomplishment.
  • where do i collect?

:D

Damn you !

How many items do they have on that menu ???

:p
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Unbelievable

It's embarrassing, how can a team be so overrated ?

2 Brutal loses
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • We should change this thread to who will be the coach of the wolverines next year?

Nick Saban?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Henne is not going to start Sat. vs. ND for undisclosed reasons. GO IRISH!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    We should change this thread to who will be the coach of the wolverines next year?

Nick Saban?

Next year??? How 'bout next week?!?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • corycory Posts: 736
    Latest poll just in...Michigan is ranked the 17th best high school team in the country.

True Story.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Go Blew!!!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • We should change this thread to who will be the coach of the wolverines next year?

Nick Saban?

Les Miles is a pretty good candidate. Former OL and assistant coach under Bo. It's supposed to be his dream job but according to some there have been some bridges burnt along the way.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • CServant wrote:
    Next year??? How 'bout next week?!?

Bill Martin is too stuck in his ways and too much of a friend to Lloyd to do that. Wouldn't help much at this point anyway. I think shaking the team up right now would just make it worse (if it can get worse)...plus we'd probably lose quite a few good recruits.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
    espn just kicked off their discussion of this game by talking about how great the marching bands are! now granted, i come from a school that likes to brag about having TBDBITL, but not on espn! the sad part is, that most likely WILL be the most exciting part of the game :D
  • espn just kicked off their discussion of this game by talking about how great the marching bands are! now granted, i come from a school that likes to brag about having TBDBITL, but not on espn! the sad part is, that most likely WILL be the most exciting part of the game :D

That is pretty sad that the marching bands will be the best part of the game.

And btw the Wisconsin Badgers have the best marching band in the land. :)
    That is pretty sad that the marching bands will be the best part of the game.

And btw the Wisconsin Badgers have the best marching band in the land. :)

no fucking way man. script ohio is cool enough, but as evidence i will point to last year's halftime show. when your marching band can get the crowd as excited as seeing the best rivalry in sports on a big night, you've got something. they showed the titanic sinking, the black pearl sailing, mordor, and yoda morphing into an x-wing. it is absolutely amazing. there's a youtube of it somewhere. my brother was at the game and says he's never seen anything like it. i was watching the video going "there's no fucking way they really did that!"

*edit*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWXnl3ZiW9A

that's the show. it's pretty impressive. i wish there was sound. the other one i found had sound but you couldn't hear the band over the sound of the crowd going nuts :D

a little sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRoeFDbmbBM