what DID NOT make your day....

Comments

• my husband...we've been separated for a few years but not legally divorced so i will call him my husband...and more importantly my child's father, was killed in a motorcycle accident today. sorry for the post in this thread, i know it probably doesn't belong here but i couldn't bear a whole thread. at the same time, i just needed to say it. thank you.
    I'm sorry. :(
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    bloody clicks! :) still can't see any change

plus magpies still

i didn' think mating season was now
    wah
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    bloody clicks! :) still can't see any change

plus magpies still

i didn' think mating season was now

this is ALL greek to me ;)

what didnt make my day: a tummy ache
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    my husband...we've been separated for a few years but not legally divorced so i will call him my husband...and more importantly my child's father, was killed in a motorcycle accident today. sorry for the post in this thread, i know it probably doesn't belong here but i couldn't bear a whole thread. at the same time, i just needed to say it. thank you.

i'm so sorry :(
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    my husband...we've been separated for a few years but not legally divorced so i will call him my husband...and more importantly my child's father, was killed in a motorcycle accident today. sorry for the post in this thread, i know it probably doesn't belong here but i couldn't bear a whole thread. at the same time, i just needed to say it. thank you.

Oh Gosh.. I'm so sorry to you and your child. You're in my thoughts..
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810

so sorry :(
  • so sorry to hear this. shouldn't apologize, as this should be a place where, if at all in this time, you can find an outlet. my thoughts are with you, your child, and all involved
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    saturday
    ~the damn bar that never brought our food OR drinks!

~just missing cutback at that damn bar

TODAY
    ~time proving not to be the cure of all
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651

so sorry :( you and your child will be in my prayers
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    I'm so sorry for you and your child :(
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
    Adjusting to not having him here...I know it will get easier...but right now it's really hard. Knowing his return flight has been stressful isn't making it any easier.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Adjusting to not having him here...I know it will get easier...but right now it's really hard. Knowing his return flight has been stressful isn't making it any easier.
    :( it's shit, isn't it? :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Adjusting to not having him here...I know it will get easier...but right now it's really hard. Knowing his return flight has been stressful isn't making it any easier.

aw hunny, i'm sorry :(

(((hugs)))
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    :( it's shit, isn't it? :(
    Yep :( It sucks. After a few weeks I know we'll adjust to a "new normal" - it's just getting there that's hard
  • Yep :( It sucks. After a few weeks I know we'll adjust to a "new normal" - it's just getting there that's hard
    I've been adjusting to a "new normal" for the last few weeks, with the help of some really great people on here... You'll get there. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    I've been adjusting to a "new normal" for the last few weeks, with the help of some really great people on here... You'll get there. :)
    Thanks :) It helps knowing other people know what it's like...not that I want anyone else to have to deal with being apart from the person they love...but it helps
    Yep :( It sucks. After a few weeks I know we'll adjust to a "new normal" - it's just getting there that's hard
    Sometimes it's bad and sometimes it's just ok :( but it's never fair!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I went on the wagon when I was 19. Lasted about 18 months, then I went on a night out with Helen. :p
    Yip, I tend to bring out the drunk in others :o and myself :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Yip, I tend to bring out the drunk in others :o and myself :o
    Well, you didn't quite manage to bring out the drunk in me, but you came close enough. :p

What didn't make my day: getting maybe three hours of broken sleep. :o
    Well, you didn't quite manage to bring out the drunk in me, but you came close enough. :p

What didn't make my day: getting maybe three hours of broken sleep. :o
    I've been up since just after 4 this morning :eek: decided to come up from Cavan today rather than last night.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I've been up since just after 4 this morning :eek: decided to come up from Cavan today rather than last night.
    At that point, I was just sitting down to work. :p
    I slept from around 9.30am till around 1, waking up at various points in between. My body's clock is broken. :eek:
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    --Waking up throughout the night; now I'm super tired.

--On Friday this stupid lady emails me about something at work. RIGHT before I'm supposed to leave. So I had to stay late...and then I find out this morning that she didn't even need the reservation after all (so I didn't have to help her) PLUS if she would have taken the proper channels, we would have known that she was my coworker's client, and since my coworker stays later it wouldn't have been a big deal. I was NOT happy when I talked to this woman this morning!
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Just stuff :(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026

Wow, I'm so sorry for you and your son. In all honesty, I think I'll be posting something similar to this sooner than later :(
    Altho we are legally divorced, he is still the father of our two boys and I have a feeling his body is going to give in to his alcoholism really soon here. It makes me very sad for my children :(
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Sometimes it's bad and sometimes it's just ok :( but it's never fair!
    Too true :(

I miss you :(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    SENROCK! wrote:
    saturday
    ~just missing cutback at that damn bar

didn't make my day either.....:(
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    tuning in for my daily scrubs fix only to see it's been moved to an earlier timeslot.
  • CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    realizing what a horrible thing I did over the weekend, even if it was an accident.

:(

I feel like shit.
    I had no right to talk about what I was talking about.
  • just tinajust tina Posts: 277
    PJPixie wrote:
    Wow, I'm so sorry for you and your son. In all honesty, I think I'll be posting something similar to this sooner than later :(
    Altho we are legally divorced, he is still the father of our two boys and I have a feeling his body is going to give in to his alcoholism really soon here. It makes me very sad for my children :(

first, thank you to everyone.

pix, i always thought if something like this would happen it would also be due to alcoholism. funny (or not) thing is though, he wasn't drinking that much anymore and he wasn't drinking when this happened. he went out to get a sandwich. blocks from home. a truck blew a stop sign and hit him.

i wish you luck with your family. i wish this on no one...telling my son was the hardest and worst thing i've ever had to do.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    nfanel wrote:
    tuning in for my daily scrubs fix only to see it's been moved to an earlier timeslot.

Yep, that annoyed me as well today ... lol. Had my evening all planned - Scrubs and then the Home Run Derby ... doh.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13