~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Austicman wrote:
    Have you any advice on how much give to them. I have a little foxy cross thats about 15 pounds(7kg) who's a spewing machine when he goes for drives and we're off on a trip this weekend.

We gave our 15 pound spew monster 1/4 of a 50mg tablet...sometime half...but Gravol tastes terrible and she became adept at spitting out them out...start with a small dose and then judge according to effect and tolerance...and check with your vet. Our vet said it was OK, but then he's not a "most expensive option first" kinda guy....Gravol worked in our case...
    be philanthropic
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

i feel like crying!!!!!!!!!! you were right! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,870
    This is where Gracie likes to sleep. I gotta check on her from time to time, since she's still a bit less than trustworthy. :p

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_2045.jpg

Where's the rest of the doggies????
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    This is where Gracie likes to sleep. I gotta check on her from time to time, since she's still a bit less than trustworthy. :p

uh oh....is gracie partying a little too much? ;):p:D
    imalive wrote:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/0022RootIMG_2363.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/0022RootIMG_2362.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/0022RootIMG_2344.jpg
    imalive wrote:

hahahaha UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! Hopefully theres no wiz on the floor! :eek: :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

cutback wrote:

wow...norm looks PISSSSSSSED!!!!!! :eek: I have NEVER seen him look GANGSTA like that!!!!! hahahaha oh man i love it! and LOVE the other pics! :D

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Big Pete....graduated from obedience two last night!!! He is such a good boy!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Big Pete....graduated from obedience two last night!!! He is such a good boy!!!

oxc

congrats petey!!! :D
    cutback wrote:
    uh oh....is gracie partying a little too much? ;):p:D

Last night....yes! Man, she was on my nerves. :p

cutback wrote:

Great pics! Last years' Christmas lights or did you get an early start on this year?? :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Great pics! Last years' Christmas lights or did you get an early start on this year?? :D

that was from last year...never finished....i hate putting up christmas lights :mad: :o
    hartamh wrote:
    The Vet. put my JRT on anti-anxiety pills :eek:

Is everything OK?????
    cutback wrote:
    that was from last year...never finished....i hate putting up christmas lights :mad: :o
    You and me both!!!! :D :mad:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Loved meeting Norm last night!!! What a SWEETIE PIE!!! :D

i just wished he hadn't had been such a spazz....:eek: good to see you and the hubby :D
    DSC00389.jpg
    DSC00388.jpg
    DSC00387.jpg

Poor Petey had to spend the last 5 nights in the kennel, he is completely exhausted. I don't think that I can ever take him back there, I'm going to have to find someone who he can stay with from now on.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • imalive wrote:

Bailey sleeps in the bathroom as well

I think he likes the cool tile in there

:)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    puppy cam

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shiba-inu-puppy-cam

i can't stop watching :)
  • Couple pics

We had pulled out are Sleeper from the Sofa...guess who made themselves at home :cool:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/jstahl1124/BaileyChloeCouch.jpg

Chloe laying back....rough day

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/jstahl1124/DSC00998.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    DSC00137.jpg
    fidofleece.jpg
    DSC00391.jpg

Some new ones of Petey!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    http://www.sitstay.com/dog/supplies/servlet/product_10001_10001_39023_-1_Gentle+Leader+w+Plastic+Clip+Buckle%2C+Medium_13273_26907_13272

Anyone try/use one of these? Gracie is driving me crazy on her walks. Most of the reviews of these on petsmart.com are unbelievable but Gracie seems to be the exception to the rule. I put the Gentle Leader on and she instantly flops on her side and will not move. I was gonna take it back but met some people last night who swear by the thing. Her behavior would crack you up but it's driving me to drink (literally)! :p :mad:

I can only imagine the hair on that burgundy couch. :eek:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    http://www.sitstay.com/dog/supplies/servlet/product_10001_10001_39023_-1_Gentle+Leader+w+Plastic+Clip+Buckle%2C+Medium_13273_26907_13272

Anyone try/use one of these? Gracie is driving me crazy on her walks. Most of the reviews of these on petsmart.com are unbelievable but Gracie seems to be the exception to the rule. I put the Gentle Leader on and she instantly flops on her side and will not move. I was gonna take it back but met some people last night who swear by the thing. Her behavior would crack you up but it's driving me to drink (literally)! :p :mad:

i swear by the leader....my vet told me to use it when i first got norm and thank god she did....instantly gained control over him....

in order for gracie to accept the leader depends on her temperament....norm was very willful and independent and treats wouldn't work so i had to be a bit of a hardass....try putting it on loosely and giving her a treat and then take it off if she starts fussing.....repeat this until you can put the leader on without any bitching from gracie.....then do similar to get her to walk......
    cutback wrote:
    i swear by the leader....my vet told me to use it when i first got norm and thank god she did....instantly gained control over him....

in order for gracie to accept the leader depends on her temperament....norm was very willful and independent and treats wouldn't work so i had to be a bit of a hardass....try putting it on loosely and giving her a treat and then take it off if she starts fussing.....repeat this until you can put the leader on without any bitching from gracie.....then do similar to get her to walk......
    Putting it on is not much of a problem. It's when she flops on her side that I'm kinda f**ked. She just lays there and will not get up... not even for a treat! :mad: :rolleyes:

I really don't know if I have the fortitude to keep trying. She's not too bad on a choke collar. The little shit. :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    imalive wrote:

Looks like a similar idea to the Halti http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/halti.php which we used with our boxer many years ago. Made it possible for me as an 8-9 year old to walk a powerful dog.

Guess it's gonna take some training for you as well ... and maybe a bottle or three of Jack :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Charley HATED the Halti we got him. And he knew how to get out of extremely quickly, the litle Houdini that he is....Didn't work for him at all...

However, the Lupi or something that goes around their chest is supposed to be much more effective. Our friends used it on their unruly Bernese and there is no pulling at all. And there's no neck strain...I've heard that dogs will not pull AT ALL with the chest version rather than the face version...I think I'm going to get one for Charley this Christmas....I don't want him running all over the ski hill again...
    be philanthropic
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    imalive wrote:

I can only imagine the hair on that burgundy couch. :eek:
    I use the gentle leader when jogging so I have complete control. My Kodi hates it, but, she wants to go more. All I do is stand with it attached to the leash in my hand until she sits calmly, then I put it on her. Mind you, this took quite a while at first, but I didn't give up. Now it's a breeze. Even when she is completely wound up it takes max of a minute. She still doesn't like it at first, but one we're off she forgets about it. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    Baxter looks a bit spoiled! :D He also looks like trouble. :p

Good luck!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    Baxter looks a bit spoiled! :D He also looks like trouble. :p

Good luck!

you are right on both of those :)

congrats!! good looking pup.....where's bailey? :)
  • cutback wrote:
    congrats!! good looking pup.....where's bailey? :)

do you mean sophie? she's around here somewhere :)
    do you mean sophie? she's around here somewhere :)

damn that's right sophie.....too many dogs here to keep track of :o