Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Jose, sorry for your loss. sending you guys good (((vibes)))

tears to my eyes to hear when this happenes, it is never easy to say goodbye..

RIP Sparkels

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    So sorry for your loss Jose. Dogs are the absolute best, but saying goodbye to them is one of the worst things to go through. Good vibes to you.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,368

The weirdest thing happen yesterday i came home on weds night from a rafting trip & to move my son into hi's frat house my daughter stayed back to hang with our old dog sparkels shes been sick for a while on meds but not in pain or suffering but yesterday she took a turn for the worst ..
    We were out back enjoying the day with her she needed to be inside but she wanted to be with us i have this bose speaker that i use to listen to tunes i wanted to hear some PJ so i put on Merkin ball at this point my sparkels started to really struggle breathing i knew the end was here as Long Road played it was obvious she was in distress we put her on a couch and just sat there crying trying to comfort her we sedated her to make it easier for her to breathe it was to late to call the Vet they were closed for the day so i moved her to my bed to rest she made it thru the night ...
    This morning i called the vet and at 11:00 am today we put her down the vet couldnt have been more comforting to us we stayed with her as she sank into an eternal sleep they let us stay there and say our goodbyes and left us alone me my daughter & wife just hugged her cried to her and then drove with her corpse back to our home we buried her in our back yard made a nice plot for her and placed flowers on the grave ....I can't even begin to express how much we all really miss her already i'm glad we didn't let her suffer she passed in peace with her family around her this was by far the hardest decision we had to make as a family but it was the right one i loved Sparkels for the last 15 yrs will miss her for ever and i do hope i get to see her again ....Love you Sparkels :(

Sorry Jose. Really not looking forward to having to do this myself. Sounds like you handled it really well. And you're lucky you got 15 great years out of Sparkles.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    Last night was tougher than I thought , kept waking up as I did every night to let her out back I'd wait to hear her bark to come back in ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    If someone could be kind enough to shoot me a pm on how to post a picture from my phone I also have photobucket app , really wanna show you guys my Sparkels ....Thanks
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Sorry about Sparkels, jose
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Would love to see a picture of Sparkels.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    sorry jose :(
    i want to post a pic of my daughters cute husky
    but i dont know how to locate my iphone on
    the pc its not showing up and the pic is in my
    iphone any help would be nice but for tomorrow
    im tired and need to sleep now
    goodnight..
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    aw, jose...that's the worst. we've had to put down two dogs and it's very lonely afterwards. the last dog we lost had the same difficulty breathing the night before we said goodbye. like you, we knew it was time. I've posted the following many times before but maybe you've never seen it. I can tell you, your heart will heal but it will take some time.

If you’ve ever loved an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you once saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a fourth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

aw, jose...that's the worst. we've had to put down two dogs and it's very lonely afterwards. the last dog we lost had the same difficulty breathing the night before we said goodbye. like you, we knew it was time. I've posted the following many times before but maybe you've never seen it. I can tell you, your heart will heal but it will take some time.

If you’ve ever loved an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you once saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a fourth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

Ah thanks bro really comforting and yeah this describes it very well , Thanks for posting...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    So sorry to hear, man. Tough times I'm sure.
  • Options
  • Options
    That's my Sparkels thanks guys for letting me share this with you all here , this was taken this past January ...
  • Options

Nov 2015 just her relaxing on couch ...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What a pretty girl she was, jose. Love that second photo.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

What a pretty girl she was, jose. Love that second photo.

You know what everyone always said that about her how Pretty she really was , hey eyes were incredible to look at ....thanks for the compliment of her ..
  • Options

This one shows her face a bit more ..
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I like this pic...such a sweet face!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281

Love this, looks like she just finished a candlelight dinner and was relaxing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

Love her face. What a sweet girl!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

those eyes

she was beautiful, jose
  • Options
    Thanks folks she used to get those compliments all the time :)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281
    Picket rotted out over the winter provides window to the world (actually window to thw bassett hound next door);
    imageWillow photo Willow_zpsg3ins296.jpg" />

Spring picket replacement gets the WTF? look:

imageWillow2 photo Willow2_zpszqtishbp.jpg" />
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

What a pretty girl. She looks quite snuggable. (I know that's not a word, but she looks like a dog you'd like to cuddle up next to.)
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Picket rotted out over the winter provides window to the world (actually window to thw bassett hound next door);
    imageWillow photo Willow_zpsg3ins296.jpg" />

Spring picket replacement gets the WTF? look:

imageWillow2 photo Willow2_zpszqtishbp.jpg" />

Ah nice ..
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    My dog and I today. I am taking her to be put to sleep tomorrow :(

photo image_zpswdet5pfv.jpeg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562

My dog and I today. I am taking her to be put to sleep tomorrow :(

photo image_zpswdet5pfv.jpeg

oh no, buck! what's going on? :bawling:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    She's is almost 15 years old - doesn't eat much - can't see or hear. Just want her to not hurt anymore. :cry:
  • Options

My 14 year-old Boadie Girl

photo IMG_4320_zpsc1954fcd.jpg

Better days :)
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    So sorry to those losing their loved ones.

Boomer says to end gun violence.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle