Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Wobbie said:

jeffbr - I know too well wnat it's like to lose dogs but I also know how a new one can heal your heart.

I could be 180 degrees off, but......Jackie Brown....the Mellencamp song?

To tell you the truth, I had forgotten about the Mellencamp song, but love the lyrics, and just went back and played the song again. Jackie Brown is a nod to the Tarantino movie. The soundtrack is one of my favorite soundtracks ever. And Jackie Brown was a badass. :lol:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Jesus christ with the cute puppies.

Way to pull my heartstrings.

Ha, no kidding! Who doesn't love the smell and feel of a puppy? RK and Enkidu, thanks for the puppy pics. Can't help but smile and feel happy looking at them.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,530
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,624
    Gracie, the wild child, would do the same thing....she was so wild but so sweet with kids :heart:

photo IMG_2023_zpsx13oillq.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    edited March 2016
    awww, Wob that's such a cute pic, was this your baby before Piper? I love Goldens! My old HS friend has always had them...she had two when we were in HS, and they both passed and then she got married and her and her hubs continued the tradition and they have one now named Penny....and she is so good with their two littles....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    We loved Gracie, too. She was our second golden. The poor thing had three cancers and didn't even make it to 6 years old. She had an incredible spirit to the end. We found out goldens are very prone to cancer and didn't want to take that chance again.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Oh yeah, that's heart breaking....when breeds are prone to things like that....like how the bigger the dog, the shorter the life span it seems too....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Wobbie, Gracie was beautiful. Really sorry her life was cut so short by cancer. That picture is a treasure. She looks so sweet, caring and sensitive.
  • Options
    here she is as a puppy.....you'd never know, but she was the devil dog for two years! :lol:

photo IMG_1732.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    what a sweet looking puppy! hehe Oh you wouldn't know it to look at Pearl either but she's a devil dog too! lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I missed Puppy Day yesterday so here is a puppy picture I apparently never shared of Pearl Piggy...

and this hilarious Meme about Heelers that is so accurate it's scary!!! lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Somebody got put in her place by the cat.....mommy to the rescue! Pearl and Beans like to play rough, but Pearl has not learned yet when to stop when he says enough....

This is Beans, aka, The Terrorist, for those of you who do not venture into the Kitty Thread....lol

Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Poor baby! Pearl looks humiliated.

Love Beans' mustache.
  • Options
    Ha, love the Pearl Piggy puppy picture (sounds like a tongue twister)! Hope her nose is feeling better after the feline mauling. Kitties have sharp claws!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Poor Pearl. Brian liked to taunt the cats and ended up with many a cat claw stuck in his nose. Lisa is afraid of the cats and I don't think Madison knows (or cares) that we have cats - they mostly stay upstairs.
  • Options
    Pearl tries to play with both of our cats...Eliot Spencer just cowers, he doesn't do the rough and tumble play well...even with Beans who likes to torment him...part of the reason he is nicknamed the Terrorist....Eliot is a lover, he's a Siamese and very calm kitty. He does not like Pearl at all! Beans however loves to play with her, up to a certain point, then he will growl at her saying enough, but she doesn't get the concept of enough....and then that's when he will swat her and it's usually been in the nose, but never to that extreme....last night he really tore her poor little nose open...that picture doesn't even do it justice!

Her little nose it's always getting her into trouble....she has a little pink line on the top right in the center that I've decided must be a scar from where he usually gets her you can see it in a couple pics I posted the other day....then we broke a bowl in the kitchen a couple months ago and were trying to clean up the glass and of course while doing that dogs don't listen to you to stay out of the kitchen and Pearl was right there and she was sniffing at all the broken glass and just sliced her little nose open....it bled and bled there was blood all over the kitchen floor, it looked like we'd murdered an elf.....lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Here is a better shot of her poor nose...I didn't realize I had gotten this shot, I thought she moved her head....it shoes how bad he got her much better....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Poor Pearl's nose.

At lunch I noticed Lisa was cuddling with the door mat. She does this with anything she likes - I'm sure there's some dog term for it, but with her toys she'll snuggle up on top of them, sometimes with her paws around them.

And she was doing this with the door mat.

• Options
    Silly girl....she's so cute...she looks like she's saying what? I love this mat, is there a problem with that?
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Here is a picture of Autzen from his first couple days with us....he was so floofy.....he still gets like this, but then we cut/shave him down, he thanks us...he prefers to be shaved down...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    sup everyone

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    ^^ What a beautiful smile.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Monday morning and a norm smile!
  • Options
    Hi Norm.
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    Oh, we haven't visited the Doggie Thread for a while. Our Simba just recently turned two years old :)
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    ^^^Oh he's so cute! What a sweet baby face!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    He's actually been accepted into a therapy dog training, so he'll be doing good deeds in the future at physical rehabilitation/therapy unit at local hospital :)
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    petrimp said:

He's actually been accepted into a therapy dog training, so he'll be doing good deeds in the future at physical rehabilitation/therapy unit at local hospital :)

Nice going! Therapy dogs are dogsends godsends :)
  • Options
    petrimp said:

That's awesome! :-) I had a therapy Kitty...not trained or anything but she was definitely a therapy kitty...but she passed away...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    petrimp said:

that's awesome! Piper absolutely LOVES to give kisses but she also likes to jump right into your lap. I'm afraid she would be too wild to be a therapy dog. Then again, she might surprise me.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16