Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Bushy Tailed Quilt Monster

"What? You looking at me?"

"The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Who P, I had to open the first image (didn't show up here) but worth it!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting a new dog in our building. Medium-sized, bit of a mix of pinscher, lab, terrier? Came and put his paws on me and rested his head against my belly for a good few minutes as I rubbed his ears till the elevator came.

Melted my heart!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,624
    always vigilant for squirrels:

photo IMG_1246_zpsvsvmy7rx.jpg

and, after a 70 degree weekend, we got this today:

photo IMG_1252_zpsbtrhnuoa.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    For the love of Pete! Cuteness up there, and here:

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    ^^^ I love that pic, Pup is so cute!!!
    Have you guys heard of Sophie Gamand? She did a photog project on wet dogs first...her latest is helping get pibble's adopted....who have been in shelters for extremely long periods of time....it's so cute, I follow her on IG, I love pibbles anyway they are actually my fave breed, and now that we're going to have a house I'll finally be able to get one....but here is a glimpse at what she's doing, it's working too a lot of the dogs she's photographing are being adopted finally.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Pits are my favorite breed too. I've seen photo booth series of various shelter dogs but not sure if Sophie is behind those as well. Hell, it seems to be working on getting them adopted though!

(bottom right one resembles Carmen Miranda =) )
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Yup...I'm so glad it's helping them get adopted! I love pibbles, I just love those big heads and hippo bodies and their muscular bodies, they're so precious...just big babies! Most wonderful personalities! I can't wait to have one....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    ^^ Smellyman, your mongrels are adorable!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Who knew Smellyman had a soft side?
    =)

Agreed, adorable. Love the Benny Hill-ish music to go with them, and the one chill pooch just watching stuff go down.
  • Options
    great video, smellyman! and, to think, I'm on the fence as to getting a second dog.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

great video, smellyman! and, to think, I'm on the fence as to getting a second dog.

What! Having 2 dogs is GREAT.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    I am a softie. We foster a lot of dogs, got two strays adopted recently. The German Shepherd looking dog in the video above just got adopted. He is a unique dog, super fast and hyper, but that is full grown! 8 kilos. The other 3 are mine. All rescue dogs in Hong Kong.

We now live in Taipei and this was the dog rescued first. Poor guy was in bad shape, but now has a great Mom and a poodle sister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chhUcbdPSaY
  • Options
    What a before and after!

Bless you, Smelly. Good work.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Another dog, Rob. Part of me misses Lisa as the only child, but she's so happy with a companion. And it's so nice for Madison, a dog who wasn't going to be rescued any time soon, to have a big back yard and a sister and soft beds to sleep on. I don't think Madison spent much time as a pet, so it's fun to watch him learn how great that is.

I love looking at all the pix and video of the dogs here.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    National puppy day....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Had some snow yesterday...

photo 2016-03-22 13.35.32_zps2rjbmczo.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Great thread! I love seeing all of the beautiful dogs bringing joy to their humans. We lost both of our doggies last year to cancer. Lost BeeGee, the mama (10 yrs old) at the end of October, and lost Bandit, her son (7 yrs old) the day after Christmas. It was devastating and took some time to come to terms with. BeeGee was about 70lbs and Bandit was just over 90lbs, but they both thought they were lap dogs.

A few weeks ago we were finally ready to bring a new family member into our home. We visited the Humane Society, looked a few puppies, had our eye on a couple of dogs that others were visiting with. But I walked through the venue and saw a dog that nobody was looking at, probably because she was wearing a cone after being spayed. I looked at her, she looked at me, let out a little bark (the only bark we'd hear her make until last week), wagged her tail twice, and I was hooked. Instant connection between us even though it was only eye contact through a cage. We asked to visit with her, and after about 30 seconds knew that she was meant to be part of our family. She's a frisky, healthy, about 1 year old American Fox Hound. And she owns my heart. Meet Jackie Brown:

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    jeffbr, sorry for the loss of your two beautiful dogs. Jackie Brown is awesome!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Oh jeffbr, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I know how you feel, I lost my Tabby Lu(a kitty) to cancer not so long ago....she was my bestest little friend and kind of like a therapy kitty! But so glad you adopted again too, Jackie Brown is a gorgeous girl!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    We had a "Puppy Playdate" on Saturday with a group I belong to that I'm trying to get to know some local people and make friends in Salem....and we all took our dogs to the park and it wore our pups out....lol this was them when we got home....

Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    jeffbr, BeeGee and Bandit look like great dogs. So sad that you last them both and so close together. :heartbreak:
    But as you said, you know when your heart is ready to love another dog and I love your story about connecting with Jackie Brown! Welcome, Jackie! Please keep sharing pictures of her.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Great thread! I love seeing all of the beautiful dogs bringing joy to their humans. We lost both of our doggies last year to cancer. Lost BeeGee, the mama (10 yrs old) at the end of October, and lost Bandit, her son (7 yrs old) the day after Christmas. It was devastating and took some time to come to terms with. BeeGee was about 70lbs and Bandit was just over 90lbs, but they both thought they were lap dogs.

A few weeks ago we were finally ready to bring a new family member into our home. We visited the Humane Society, looked a few puppies, had our eye on a couple of dogs that others were visiting with. But I walked through the venue and saw a dog that nobody was looking at, probably because she was wearing a cone after being spayed. I looked at her, she looked at me, let out a little bark (the only bark we'd hear her make until last week), wagged her tail twice, and I was hooked. Instant connection between us even though it was only eye contact through a cage. We asked to visit with her, and after about 30 seconds knew that she was meant to be part of our family. She's a frisky, healthy, about 1 year old American Fox Hound. And she owns my heart. Meet Jackie Brown:

jeff, the bolded part reminds me of the Doors song - "and we're on our way, no we can't go back". Beautiful dogs you had, and beautiful one you have now.

Such precious relationships, even with the inevitable pain of loss.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Jackie didn't hesitate assimilating. Hopped right on the couch from day one and claimed her spot. LOL.

And Hedo, good call on the Doors song! I didn't intend that, but what a perfect reference.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Jeffbr, your story made me sad - but what a happy ending. So happy for you and Jackie.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    man, that's tough losing both pups that close together

but jackie is beautiful...i love the name and the movie!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Happy National Puppy Day!

My dogs when they were puppies long ago...

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    jeffbr - I know too well wnat it's like to lose dogs but I also know how a new one can heal your heart.

I could be 180 degrees off, but......Jackie Brown....the Mellencamp song?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Okay, couldn't resist. Too much cuteness here today. RK - crazy cute.

This is the late, great Brian as a pup.

• Options
    Jesus christ with the cute puppies.

Way to pull my heartstrings.