~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJaddicted wrote:
    I love Weims!!! I had two up until last year....they were both sweethearts. Your guy looks like my Mason was....very stocky! I miss them both so much.

oxc

They're awesome. I was at Petco earlier today to buy the boys food and I saw a puppy Weim...such a cutie!!!
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/pjfanatic/DoggieXmas.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/pjfanatic/Lennon001.jpg

The first one is both of our boys with Santa...lol...The big guys name is Hercules and the little guys name is Lennon

The second pic is just Lennon 2 days after we got him.

great looking dogs!! :D:D
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Austicman wrote:

aaaw baby! :D hehe! soooo cute! :D

I've actually been sitting here the last couple of days trying to figure out how to wrestle Lukin into a santie hat. :o Maybe I should just get some of them flashing lights and clip em to his bucket?? ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Jeanie wrote:
    aaaw baby! :D hehe! soooo cute!

I've actually been sitting here the last couple of days trying to figure out how to wrestle Lukin into a santie hat. :o Maybe I should just get some of them flashing lights and clip em to his bucket?? ;):D

GOLD!!!! :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Austicman wrote:
    GOLD!!!! :D

I bet he won't think so!!! :D

I'll need one of those rapid fire cameras to get shots of it I reckon! :D

Before he completely demolishes my efforts! Supposing I can get him to sit still in the first place! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Austicman wrote:

OH.MY.GOD!!!!! Your dog is SOOOOOOOOO fricken adorable!! I want to give him a huge hug!!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Austicman wrote:

VERY nice pictures!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/pjfanatic/DoggieXmas.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/pjfanatic/Lennon001.jpg

The first one is both of our boys with Santa...lol...The big guys name is Hercules and the little guys name is Lennon

The second pic is just Lennon 2 days after we got him.

awww LOVE the santa pics!!!!!! damn i love doggies!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

today i was looking thru some things in storage and i found this to go along with bailey and norm playing in the leaves!!!! this, was my first fave pic!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/surf-2.jpg

• so over the weekend I met this bulldog puppy...I was in love! she was sooooo cute. I've never had a dog but always wanted one. I know I can't take care of one though, which is very frustrating!
    so over the weekend I met this bulldog puppy...I was in love! she was sooooo cute. I've never had a dog but always wanted one. I know I can't take care of one though, which is very frustrating!

awwwww!!! but u know what? its VERY good that u accept u cant take care of one. it sucks when ppl get doggies cuz they are cute then leave em home alone all the time. :mad:

• SENROCK! wrote:
    awwwww!!! but u know what? its VERY good that u accept u cant take care of one. it sucks when ppl get doggies cuz they are cute then leave em home alone all the time. :mad:

yeah I know. My friend got a dog and then gave him back :(. I don't want to do that. but I live by myself and I work late so I know I can't do it. I see all these people with dogs, but they mostly seem to be married. If I had another person around to split it with I'd definitely do it. or even if I had a house with a yard and I could get a doggie door or something to make him more self sufficient...but alas, I have none of these things so doggie-less I remain.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    SENROCK! wrote:
    today i was looking thru some things in storage and i found this to go along with bailey and norm playing in the leaves!!!! this, was my first fave pic!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/surf-2.jpg

He was such a beautiful boy! I love his sweet face.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    yeah I know. My friend got a dog and then gave him back :(. I don't want to do that. but I live by myself and I work late so I know I can't do it. I see all these people with dogs, but they mostly seem to be married. If I had another person around to split it with I'd definitely do it. or even if I had a house with a yard and I could get a doggie door or something to make him more self sufficient...but alas, I have none of these things so doggie-less I remain.

GAVE IT BACK?????????!!!!!! WTF!!!! well i am proud of you for holding off for now. Its christmas time and i just know theres a bunch of puppies that will get taken home with a bow around their neck cuz they are CUTE. Once the holidays are over, they will be forgotten then end up in a shelter cuz they arent puppies anymore. :mad: i hate that.

ok on a happier note, this last weekend i got to play with a doggie that is a blue nose pit. Her name is harley and she belongs to PJpixxxies sister. I was feeling a wee bit sadd cuz it was Surfers bday the day before. Well Harley cheered me up! She is soooooooo awesome and beautiful. We played and she did the pin the ears back and run fast thing, i LOVED IT. Then she let me give her a doggie massage and breathed a sigh of relief like my Surfer used to! awww i got SO exxxcited and i think i scared her. :eek: She really made my weekend! Heres her pics i took quikly!

soakin up the sun
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/myspace/harley3.jpg

smart doggie!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/myspace/harley2.jpg

PJaddicted wrote:
    He was such a beautiful boy! I love his sweet face.

oxc

thank you so much! he was indeed beautiful. ahhh my little fatty boy... :) i was doing laundry last night and i washed my favorite blanket. Its been in storage all this time. I almost didnt wash it cuz it still hadd Surfs hair on the bottom corner where he used to snuggle. The scent-it all cameback. And i found his leash too. It was in the bottom of my back pack which i thought i lost! Im gladd i found these things. It helps! :) Hows (((BIG PETE)))???

SENROCK! wrote:
    thank you so much! he was indeed beautiful. ahhh my little fatty boy... :) i was doing laundry last night and i washed my favorite blanket. Its been in storage all this time. I almost didnt wash it cuz it still hadd Surfs hair on the bottom corner where he used to snuggle. The scent-it all cameback. And i found his leash too. It was in the bottom of my back pack which i thought i lost! Im gladd i found these things. It helps! :) Hows (((BIG PETE)))???

Petey just fills up my heart and soul. I can't wait for you to feel that again too. For those of us that love dogs the way you do....it is hard not to have one waiting for you when you walk in the door. I am thankful every day for him being there for me for the last year.

He was at the vet on Friday...his thigh is hurting him. He may have PANO, which is like growing pains. He is on painkillers. He got weighed....he is 99 pounds! Still putting on about a 1/2 pound a week!!! CRAZY!

I'm glad you still have Surfs things...very important to keep them. I have Uno and Mason's collars sitting on my dresser, I look at them everyday...Uno's still has hair on it. Petey wears their coats, uses their leashes and is killing Uno's blankie...pulling the stuffing out of it. I can't say that you will EVER stop missing your boy...but in time the intense pain will soften.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Thanks for loving Petey too....Dobermans get such a bad wrap....he is just a big mush! I'm totally in love with him.

oxc

I'm bringing this quote over here, so we can talk doggies! :)

Breed profiling really ticks me off. Hubby and I are really lucky we were able to find an apartment with our two large dogs, especially 'cause one is a Chow mix and the other is a Shepherd mix.

Tons of places have breed restrictions thanks to the asshole insurance companies. :mad:

At least my boys get to enjoy a balcony:)
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
    I'm bringing this quote over here, so we can talk doggies! :)

Breed profiling really ticks me off. Hubby and I are really lucky we were able to find an apartment with our two large dogs, especially 'cause one is a Chow mix and the other is a Shepherd mix.

Tons of places have breed restrictions thanks to the asshole insurance companies. :mad:

At least my boys get to enjoy a balcony:)

Yes dobermans get the short end of the stick too. They are so smart...and friendly....Petey would lick you to death!

Your babies are soooo beautiful!!! They look so sweet!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Yes dobermans get the short end of the stick too. They are so smart...and friendly....Petey would lick you to death!

Your babies are soooo beautiful!!! They look so sweet!

oxc

Thanks, and I would totally welcome Petey kisses!!!:D

My babes only kiss my husband. :mad:

My chow mix gives me great big hugs, though. <3:)
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.

What a cutie! What is he??

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    What a cutie! What is he??

oxc

She's a labrador. Got her from the shelter. They were planning to put her down...poor lil girl. She's such a sweetheart....things she's a lap dog.

She's a labrador. Got her from the shelter. They were planning to put her down...poor lil girl. She's such a sweetheart....things she's a lap dog.

You are a sweetheart for taking her in! She has such a white coat I wasn't sure what breed she is. Enjoy her, dogs make everyday special! What is her name?

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    You are a sweetheart for taking her in! She has such a white coat I wasn't sure what breed she is. Enjoy her, dogs make everyday special! What is her name?

oxc

Sophie. I *hate* her name...but she was 4 years old..she we felt like she was too old to change it.

Here's another. I think she was pissed at me in this picture.

P.S. I only have ever had shelter dogs.

Sophie. I *hate* her name...but she was 4 years old..she we felt like she was too old to change it.

Most of mine in adult life have been too. My last three were rescues, 2 Weimaraners and a GSHair Pointer. The two before that were a Wolf Sheppard Hybrid that I bought while in college and then a Dobie/Weim mix puppy that we saw in someones yard while driving by, stopped and asked if they were for sale, and they were free...what a great dog he was! Petey is my first purebred dog that I paid money for. I wanted one male/red puppy Doberman for about 22 years. I looked in to rescues, but it was too much to take on with a house full of kids. You need to really know the breed to take on a male rescue...they are a handful! Also the breed is so full of genetic problems, you are in for huge vet bills, early death and heartache if you don't go with great lines and a good breeder. There aren't many records on rescues, and after losing my two Weims in a 3 month span, I wasn't able to put my heart out like that this time around. I got Petey at 10 weeks old, and he was not easy to raise! Now he is finally calming down....and turning in to a total sweetheart couch potato!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • This is the pic we used for our Christmas Cards this year

It is from last December when we got Bailey

The hat and scarf are from an old Teddy Bear my wife had :D

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/jstahl1124/?action=view&current=ChristmasBailey.jpg

I can't believe he was ever that small !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Sophie. I *hate* her name...but she was 4 years old..she we felt like she was too old to change it.

Yeah, she's like "How many of these you gonna take ???"
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    This is the pic we used for our Christmas Cards this year

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/jstahl1124/?action=view&current=ChristmasBailey.jpg

Don't you miss it???? Petey grew up far too quickly! Do you want another one?

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • This is the pic we used for our Christmas Cards this year

That is freakin' adorable :D
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln