~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I was just going to send you a PM to thank you for the card you sent about Brian. I'm so sorry and so sad. I hope Brian and Django are having a good time right now.
  • I don't remember when or how I discovered this thread but it is a place I love to visit. It's given me smiles, laughs, tears, friendship, and comfort. Thank you to everyone who contributes to it. It's like a safe place where I can come and be myself. >:D<
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • I think Django and Brian would have a really great time playing together! I love thinking about it.
  • And Loulou, Henry is there too! They are all young and frisky again.
  • And know my
    Boys are there too. Momo us probably showing everyone where the best spots are! He's been there a while. And Ace is probably teaching everyone cool hunt jmug techniques with his brother watching to make sure everyone is safe. :-)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    goodbye django :(

hugs to you, princess
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891
    Damn, damn, damn damn damn!

I don't want any more of us to have to go thru this anytime soon, so I hope it's true about bad things coming in threes. That said, I know you guys will get at least SOME comfort from the :~:~:doggie thread:~:~:

RIP, Henry! You had a good long life with people who loved you O:-)

Still sending ((((vibes)))) to Brian's human crew. I know it's really, really hard

and finally, sweet boy Django....you had a hippie mom who gave you a hippie name and you lived a hippie's life. I see a lot of you in Piper and have told her I expect her to grow up to be my "sweet, easygoing buddy" (we're not quite there, yet). Piper and Django are definitely somewhat connected by doggie genetics.

I especially love the two pictures below :D. I should know, but I'm not sure if you still have Penny...?

I've lost my wild child, uber-destructive puppy who grew up to be my sweet, easygoing buddy. My fierce protector (at least in his mind). My couch cuddler and foot warmer.

I know I've posted all these pictures before but please indulge me as I remember him here. I really loved that little guy.

Making a sheltie version of a snow angel:

"What? It's hot, I have a fur coat . . ."

Django would have turned 12 at the end of this month. I think he had a good life. I know he had lots of love.

I know Django (and Henry and Brian) had good lives. I hope you guys get more dogs soon. It is a cruel fact of life that they life much shorter lives than us. It's a shame that Brian and Gracie didn't even get their average doggie life :(

for those of us who are still lucky enough to have our annoying dog buddies, keep the pictures coming!

and, uh PJ_ROCKS?.....not all of us are on your worldwide twitter feed to see your sweet Sophie.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    If you’ve ever loved an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

O:-)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Sorry to hear about Django, Who Princess.

man this sucks. Thoughts and prayers for all.
    Cory
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    RIP Django
    Who Princess lots of hugs....

:(

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

I don't remember when or how I discovered this thread but it is a place I love to visit. It's given me smiles, laughs, tears, friendship, and comfort. Thank you to everyone who contributes to it. It's like a safe place where I can come and be myself. >:D<

true that!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

speaking of twitter, you can find me @PJ_ROCKS

i will get some pictures soon, it has been very very cold, with snow all over the ground! Montana has been the coldest state the last couple nights

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

here you go imalive, this was taken a few minutes ago...

photo 2014-11-12192725-1_zps717a7760.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS said:

yeah, right! :))

OMG, you're gonna make me rip my stitches.

=))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

=))
    haha
    twitter.com/PJ_ROCKS

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS said:

imalive said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

=))
    haha
    twitter.com/PJ_ROCKS
    how far down do I have to go to find you?

http://twittercounter.com/pages/100

I hope our friends who recently lost doggies are doing OK. At this point, that's about the best you can be.....just OK.

:(

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Sending healing prayers to those who have had to say last goodbyes. I wrote this after my boys passed. ( they passed just short of one year apart)
    ANGELS ON FOUR LEGS.

Some angels have wings,
    Some have harps of gold.
    Some have brilliant smiles,
    But the greatest is on four legs.

They know even your deepest fears,
    And kiss away our tears.
    They watch us in the dark hours,
    And safely keep our homes.

They work with us; for us,
    They make each day worthwhile.
    They make each sorrow bearable,
    While teaching us life's lessons.

God sent them to us by need,
    They make us grow, and teach us love.
    They bear our secrets in honor,
    And help us to live in the now.

The greatest of angels have four legs,
    Lolling pink tongues, and keen ears.
    They are covered in fur, and slobber a lot,
    And they dig and chew and bark.

But they are angels none the less,
    And are only for a while with us.
    We are given them in faith, to love and to learn,
    Learn from them love them, treasure them.

The most powerful life lived, is the one that impacts you the most!
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Thanks so much for the well wishes peoples
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    edited November 2014
    Sorry, for some reason it cut the rest?
    Thanks so much for the well wishes peoples
    My heart goes out too to the other members who have lost their loved ones. I found a beautiful little stone that says 'Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts' that I thought would be lovely to put under a pretty little lavender bush on my balcony. I like to sit out there with a coffee and think of all the lovely memories I have of him. Still makes cry but I'm hoping that's going to change in time to a smile or even a little chuckle. ;)
    My love to you all, your incredible people to have helped Henry and myself at this hard time. Thank you. xx Lovely words Rob and Whispering Hands! xx
    Post edited by Loulou on
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    edited November 2014
    photo IMG_0019.jpg
    Post edited by Loulou on

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou said:

. Still makes cry but I'm hoping that's going to change in time to a smile or even a little chuckle. ;)

It will......promise

O:-)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Thank you for posting that, it's so beautiful, Whispering Hands. It was the first time I cried today so it's getting better. I hope Henry, Django, Gracie, Brian and all the rest are having a great time together.
    Enkidu said:

Thank you for posting that, it's so beautiful, Whispering Hands. It was the first time I cried today so it's getting better. I hope Henry, Django, Gracie, Brian and all the rest are having a great time together.

they are!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS said:

Enkidu said:

they are!
    ;) Henry has problem run off with the ball though and refuses to give it back. Lol!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • That's ok! They're all up there keeping each other in line! I can't wait til I can have a doggie again.. They are such wonderful pets..
    Loulou said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Enkidu said:

they are!
    ;) Henry has problem run off with the ball though and refuses to give it back. Lol!
    That made me laugh out loud. Brian is probably barking. And farting.
    Enkidu said:

Loulou said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Enkidu said:

they are!
    Haha!!!! That's so funny! :)) they are funny little things aren't they?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Loulou, still so very sorry about Henry. I know full well how difficult your decision was because I was making it about the same time as you. It's the last loving thing we can do for our dogs and it's a part of why Henry had a long, happy life with you and your family. You cared for him enough to do what was best for him. I like your idea about how to memorialize him.
    imalive said:

and finally, sweet boy Django....you had a hippie mom who gave you a hippie name and you lived a hippie's life. I see a lot of you in Piper and have told her I expect her to grow up to be my "sweet, easygoing buddy" (we're not quite there, yet). Piper and Django are definitely somewhat connected by doggie genetics.

I especially love the two pictures below :D. I should know, but I'm not sure if you still have Penny...?

Yes, we still have Penny. She is very cute and loves to play.

She's not much of a cuddler though and she mostly gravitates to her dad. She seems to think I'm OK though. :))

Piper will grow up to be a sweet companion. Django was a MONSTER when he was a puppy. He destroyed more things than any puppy I've ever known. Too bad I never kept an inventory! I used to question my judgement in choosing him. Then when he was about a year old he suddenly settled down and became really sweet and easygoing, although he wasn't above occasionally sneaking something out of the laundry basket and chewing it to shreds. :))

But funny you should call him my hippie dog. Unless I'm mistaken, I've never explained about my dogs' names in this thread. Of the 8 shelties who've owned me, most of them have been registered with the AKC with names derived from Pete Townshend songs.

We had Mad Shadows Baba O'Riley (Riley):

Mad Shadows Behind Blue Eyes (Tess):

Mad Shadows A Little Is Enough (Buffy):

and Mad Shadows Pinball Wizard (Pete):

Django was Mad Shadows Hippie Gypsy. B-)

Pretty appropriate, eh? I'm sure ya'll can guess what song that one came from.

I miss my boy very much. Yes, I will get another dog eventually. I always know when I'm ready. In the meantime, I promise more pictures of Penny.
    Enkidu said:

Loulou said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Enkidu said:

they are!
    smiles

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2