~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

Stopping by to say hello to everyone! So happy to see the new addition Piper! CONGRATS and many happy healthy years! Monty says he's in love! :-)

hello! hope all is going good! we need a picture of Monty!

:-h

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• NamiNami Posts: 5,995

Took Jammer to the dog beach a couple weeks ago and he absolutely loved it. Ran right into the water.

Apparently he likes the PJ message board too. Ha.

Looks like Jammer is trying to figure out wtf that Fixer thread is all about. LOL
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Friends, I need all the prayers, chants, good vibes you can spare. My boy Django has been very sick.

At first we thought he had some kind of intestinal bug. He wouldn't eat but otherwise seemed the same. With various treats and fave foods, I coaxed him into eating a little but eventually even that wasn't working. Last Saturday, I took him to the vet who prescribed something to clear up the bug and told me that Django would be eating much better within 24 hours. It didn't happen.

Tuesday morning, the vet called to check on him and when I said he wasn't any better, they had me bring him in that afternoon. His bloodwork seemed to point to a kidney infection, so I left him there to get some fluids and antibiotics on IV. He was a little better the next day, so I let them keep him another night.

Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from one of the vets (my regular one was out). She said that while Django was improving, it was happening so slowly that we were clearly looking at kidney disease or failure, not an infection. She suggested keeping him another night and even transferring him to a 24 hour facility.

Glenn and I talked it over and decided to let him stay one more night. I vetoed transferring him to another clinic, even if it meant he'd get round the clock care. I thought it would be too stressful for him to be moved to a strange place. Part of me wishes I'd just gone ahead and brought him home. He must feel abandoned. :(

I will pick him up later today and hopefully get more information on his prognosis. I've tried to do some reading on kidney disease but it all sounds very grim when you're just reading stuff without context of the situation.

Django is 12, which is senior status for a sheltie. Other than a little arthritis, he is still very active. Whatever the outlook for this, I'm having to face the fact that one of these days I'll be saying goodbye to my buddy. =(( Right now, I miss him. I want him back home.

And maybe I'm overreacting. But I have worried myself sick the last few days. Thanks for having a place where I can come and talk about it.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    edited October 2014
    Sorry to hear about this Who Princess, We'll be thinking about Django and saying a prayer for him/you guys today.

And no your not overreacting, those meatballs are in our hearts from day 1. They are family.
    Give Django a hug and wish him well from us.

Cory
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • You definitely are not over reacting, our pets are part our families. I hope your Django recovers and brings you joy and love for years to come. Also come here to unload/get extra support as much as you need. Hugs and all my positive thoughts are being sent your way.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    healing thoughts headed your way Django
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    So sorry, Who Princess. Thoughts and prayers coming your way from LA.
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    I'm sorry. My thoughts are with you too
  • My prayers are with you Princess, and Django as well. If you need anything let me know. Hugs to you Hun.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    My prayers and thought are with you Django... I'm so sorry you're going through this....I understand your stress though, I'm going through cancer with one of my cats and can sympathize...it's very hard to think about losing our beloved pets. *HUGS*
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Sending good vibes to beautiful Django. Hugs to you Who princess.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • How is Django doing Princess? Still praying!
  • I don't visit the forum much these days but want you to know I'm thinking about Django and family, Who Princess. Hope there's been a turn for the better. And hello to everyone else!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • I don't visit the forum much these days but want you to know I'm thinking about Django and family, Who Princess. Hope there's been a turn for the better. And hello to everyone else!

Hello!! Long time no see! Hope things are well with you!
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Good vibes for Django!!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,985
    I don't get here very often, but something brought me here today.

I'm in the cosmic realm with you all.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Thank you, thank you everyone for all your thoughts and good wishes. I'm overwhelmed. It means more to me than you can know. PJSiren, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. I hate cancer. X(

I'm sorry I didn't give ya'll an update sooner. I had to work yesterday and things just kind of got away from me.

Django came home Friday. The vet tech told me that he had acted more like himself that day and ate a good breakfast. I still didn't get to talk to my regular vet but he has scheduled a phone appointment with me Monday afternoon and I guess then I'll get to ask the millions of questions I have.

Django was sent home with a bunch of prescription food for kidney disease, which supposedly he'll have to stay on permanently. I don't know how this will work, because he has already been on a low fat prescription diet since he had a bout of pancreatitis several years ago. This concerns me a lot since it seems like the 2 types of food exclude each other. He ate a small supper when he got home, then mostly took it easy although he did bark to protect us from some dangerous trick or treaters. Yesterday morning he was downright frisky when I took him outside. But he acted very tired last night and still doesn't seem to have a lot of energy. Course, I'm worn out and I'm not even the one who was hooked up to an IV for 3 days!

It's so good to have him home though. He's lying beside me right now and he follows me around the house when I'm doing things. He poked his nose in my face to wake me up this morning (as usual). So I hope that the more rest he gets, the more he'll be like his old self. I am giving him LOTS of lovey time and appreciating every moment I have with him.
    edited November 2014
    Norm and i are still thinking about django.

• Thanks for the update! I will keep praying that he continues to gain strength.

Watching the Broncos game with my friend's Yorkie Bailey.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891

So sorry that I just now read about Django. I'm real glad that he's back home with you. As you know, Piper spent ONE night at the vet a few weeks ago and even that was one night too long. We all hope you get Django's kidney thing worked out. Having a sick dog is both stressful and heartbreaking. You guys are in our thoughts. :x

We've had houseguests for the last three days....Piper has gotten even more lovin' than usual...last night, she knew there were other people in the house, so she decided to throw a fit in her crate. I ended up having to lie on the floor next to her until she finally simmered down and fell asleep. What a little shit!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm said:

ok, i'll bite...what's a "barkbox"?

https://barkbox.com/

pretty sure norm wouldn't turn one down.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Miss Piper got a much needed bath today :D

photo IMG_0704_zpsdadb13ba.jpg

photo IMG_0705_zps76b39d2f.jpg

She sure hopes Django is feeling better!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ^^^ hehehe what a difference
  • imalive said:

That expression is classic. :))

Django has been acting a lot more like his old self the last 2 days but he still won't eat! Last night I was really happy when he ate a good supper. After about 20 minutes he barfed it all up. :-&

Today he went back to the vet to have his blood values checked again. They are starting to creep up higher again but not as bad as last week. After talking with the vet, the gist of it all is that we have to get his stomach problem taken care of and get him eating again. The kidney problems didn't show up until he got sick 2 weeks ago. Until we can get him eating normally and drinking plenty of water we won't know the extent of his kidney disease and how to treat it.

The vet gave me a couple of things to help Django's stomach so he'll feel like eating again, along with a different prescription dog food. The newest food smells terrible so I'm sure dogs find it delicious. Django ate a little and has kept it down, so maybe he'll eat more in the morning.

We'll go back to the vet for blood work again in a couple of days. If we have many more vet visits, Django is going to have to get a job. $-) $-)

I'm still scared for him but I'm hopeful too. My vet gave me a hug when I left today and I almost started crying.
  • imalive said:

That expression is classic. :))

Django has been acting a lot more like his old self the last 2 days but he still won't eat! Last night I was really happy when he ate a good supper. After about 20 minutes he barfed it all up. :-&

Today he went back to the vet to have his blood values checked again. They are starting to creep up higher again but not as bad as last week. After talking with the vet, the gist of it all is that we have to get his stomach problem taken care of and get him eating again. The kidney problems didn't show up until he got sick 2 weeks ago. Until we can get him eating normally and drinking plenty of water we won't know the extent of his kidney disease and how to treat it.

The vet gave me a couple of things to help Django's stomach so he'll feel like eating again, along with a different prescription dog food. The newest food smells terrible so I'm sure dogs find it delicious. Django ate a little and has kept it down, so maybe he'll eat more in the morning.

We'll go back to the vet for blood work again in a couple of days. If we have many more vet visits, Django is going to have to get a job. $-) $-)

I'm still scared for him but I'm hopeful too. My vet gave me a hug when I left today and I almost started crying.
    Aww Hun!
    Hugs from Colorado! Zoe ( the doggie I live with right now/again) hopes your fluffy boy is feeling better soon! Still praying for you all.

Miss Zoe

norm and i will add our hugs to your vets :)
    imalive said:

photo IMG_0705_zps76b39d2f.jpg

She sure hopes Django is feeling better!

first pic...pissed

second pic...pissed but getting a treat so i'm not so pissed now
    norm said:

first pic...pissed

second pic...pissed but getting a treat so i'm not so pissed now

norm knows dogs! :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08