~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• JzPJzP Posts: 933
    I wish all your dogs the best.

Mine finally got some snow..

IMG_0704.jpg
    ~JzP
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    remember when i told you my mom taught norm to "beg" for treats?

http://youtu.be/uWA3lj5DaH0

:D
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    haffajappa wrote:
    Thanks for your vibes for Sammi.

My uncle phoned me tonight to inform me that it is a mass on the outside of her colon, and that she has osteoarthritis in her hips. He said we need to go downtown for an MRI... So we're goign to see how much it would cost and what else everything entails and go from there. Because she is 11 my family is on the fence about going ahead with some sort of treatment or just letting it be. Obviously I can't let go that easily, so if i can find the money somewhere I am going to try to do what I can :cry:

oh crap, Steph :(

I never knew sammi was that old. I always figured about half that. I hope this all works out for you. Me, Codie and Gracie send our love.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Thanks for your vibes for Sammi.

My uncle phoned me tonight to inform me that it is a mass on the outside of her colon, and that she has osteoarthritis in her hips. He said we need to go downtown for an MRI... So we're goign to see how much it would cost and what else everything entails and go from there. Because she is 11 my family is on the fence about going ahead with some sort of treatment or just letting it be. Obviously I can't let go that easily, so if i can find the money somewhere I am going to try to do what I can :cry:

oh crap, Steph :(

I never knew sammi was that old. I always figured about half that. I hope this all works out for you. Me, Codie and Gracie send our love.
    Thanks bud.

My uncle called me today to give the update (it's so hard because I'm away from her)
    She has a mass on the outside of her colon, if we want to go ahead with the MRI and some other scans (and a camera up her bum) it will be close to 1500-2000 dollars :shock: and that's not even including if she needs surgery.... :cry::cry:

otherwise, we leave her as is, wait for the mass to grow bigger until she eventually can't poo at all. then we have to put her down...

UGH.

sigh.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:

otherwise, we leave her as is, wait for the mass to grow bigger until she eventually can't poo at all. then we have to put her down...

UGH.

sigh.

I'm at a loss for words :cry::cry:

we're all pulling for you and sammi, thinking good thoughts, sending good vibes....

damn. :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    haffajappa wrote:
    Thanks bud.

My uncle called me today to give the update (it's so hard because I'm away from her)
    She has a mass on the outside of her colon, if we want to go ahead with the MRI and some other scans (and a camera up her bum) it will be close to 1500-2000 dollars :shock: and that's not even including if she needs surgery.... :cry::cry:

UGH.

sigh.

Sometimes vet bills are out of reach, we would all wish that not to be the case
    but in reality it is.
    Love Sammi up and let her go on when you must to save her discomfort.
    You have had a lifetime with her ... a good lifetime filled with love,
    this many dogs never know.

My thoughts are with you and your family. :cry: I am sorry.
  • Sending good thoughts and vibes to u, haffa and Sammi. I hate to think of anyone's fur kids suffering.

Is there anything you can do, in terms of her diet, to try and make things a little easier?

I think Sammi needs a "Save the pooper" collar :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

I think Sammi needs a "Save the pooper" collar :D

the thought occurred to me, too. :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:
    remember when i told you my mom taught norm to "beg" for treats?

http://youtu.be/uWA3lj5DaH0

Now this put a smile on my face, thanks for sharing!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Sending out good vibes to Sammi. I know how hard it can be financially to treat a dogs disease. There should be no guilt if you guys decide to let him go on his own time. I spent six thousand on cardiologist visits, plus the costs of vitamins and medication that was $6 a day for his last year, on Petey's disease only to have his brother who was untreated die 5 weeks before him of the same disease.

I hope everyone else is doing good. Today is 5 months since I lost my Petey. I'm doing really good finally. Grief is such a crazy journey, you go along and then it kicks you in the gut again, and the tears flow. Monty is a doll and I'm bonding more each day with him. He is very smart and loves to please me. He loves fetch, and I recently purchased him a name tag that says "fetch junkie".

Here's the handsome man on a hike this week. We have only missed one day since the year began. Loving it!
    DSC00152.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:

Here's the handsome man on a hike this week. We have only missed one day since the year began. Loving it!
    DSC00152.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC00152.jpg

king of the mountain! :mrgreen:
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Meet Allie Mae! She is our new Foster Girl! http://www.ddrinc.net/DDRI_AVAILABLE.htm

DSC00174.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Meet Allie Mae! She is our new Foster Girl! http://www.ddrinc.net/DDRI_AVAILABLE.htm

DSC00174.jpg

Awesome!!!! :mrgreen:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC00174.jpg
    What a sweet face!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC00174.jpg
    Oh this is wonderful news! :clap:

pretty girl! :D
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC00174.jpg
    that is awesome! I would love to foster a dog(s) but I'm afraid I couldn't give them up.

here's a golden in SLC who just caught my eye. check out the video :mrgreen:

http://slcgoldenrescue.org/2011/06/jenny/

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    that is awesome! I would love to foster a dog(s) but I'm afraid I couldn't give them up.

That video makes my heart melt. How can you resist?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    imalive wrote:

i can't resist so i don't watch those vids...i'd probably become a dog hoarder if i did
    imalive wrote:

Why do i watch those videos???

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    fbaf7296.jpg0e6348e1.jpg

Did some babysitting on Sunday. Berry (the Boxer) is my mom's dog, she and Lou are as close as litter mates. They're so funny together.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC00174.jpg

She's beautiful!!

So sorry Haffa, good thoughts going your way.

Lukin66 - they looks so happy!

Molly, who absolutely hates our vacumn cleaner, has figured out how to turn it off whilst I'm using it. Very proud of her initiative even though it drives me round the twist when she does it :D
    Lukin66 wrote:
    fbaf7296.jpg

Did some babysitting on Sunday. Berry (the Boxer) is my mom's dog, she and Lou are as close as litter mates. They're so funny together.
    your Lou looks a bit like my Lucy! :D

CIMG1321.jpg
    Claireack wrote:
    Molly, who absolutely hates our vacumn cleaner, has figured out how to turn it off whilst I'm using it. Very proud of her initiative even though it drives me round the twist when she does it :D
    Wow... that is one smart dog!
  • Lukin66 wrote:
    fbaf7296.jpg0e6348e1.jpg

Awww. I love Boxers!!! He is soooooo cute!!! Look at that face!! :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Pandora-Lou and Lucy definitly look similar. Does Lucy have some Akita in her? Sure looks like it with her face and ears. Lou is (as far as we know) a Pit Bull/Akita mix. Funny enough, when I adopted Lou, her kennel tag listed her name as "Lucy". Eventually, it just got shortened to Lou, haha.

And thanks for the thoughts on Berry. I love Boxers, too. Berry is a hoot. My mom makes the joke that Berry is like her trophy wife-pretty to look at, but not the smartest.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
    Lukin66 wrote:
    Pandora-Lou and Lucy definitly look similar. Does Lucy have some Akita in her? Sure looks like it with her face and ears. Lou is (as far as we know) a Pit Bull/Akita mix. Funny enough, when I adopted Lou, her kennel tag listed her name as "Lucy". Eventually, it just got shortened to Lou, haha.

And thanks for the thoughts on Berry. I love Boxers, too. Berry is a hoot. My mom makes the joke that Berry is like her trophy wife-pretty to look at, but not the smartest.
    Oh that is a coincidence with the names.
    My daughter found her eating out of a dumpster, very thin, in a bad art of Atlanta,
    three Christmas' ago. She was just under a year we think.
    My daughter named her, wanted to keep her but couldn't with her living arrangements.

So... I got her! I am very lucky to have her ... so loving, sweet, funny :D

seeing where we found her we think she is a Pit mix too maybe with shepherd
    our vet never puts Pit mix down on record .. she is an Akita in her files.

Lucy and Maddie both have Lew as their middle names .... fun!
    Maddie has an additional name of Who though at the end ...
    and her name is often yoddled :lol:

Dogs best thing we got! :D
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Here's my lil' Man.... My Milo :D

IMG_1109.jpg
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

UGH.

sigh.

I'm at a loss for words :cry::cry:

we're all pulling for you and sammi, thinking good thoughts, sending good vibes....

damn. :cry:

Aww Steph. I'm so sorry to read this. Sending positive thoughts and healing vibes to the mainland ((((()))))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    this is my new (furry) grand daughter. her name is sasha.

sasha.jpg

Aww, so gorgeous :)

well, we got some snow here and Nikita has been loving it :mrgreen:

MUST. WASH. FACE.

c8170398.jpg

cd5735da.jpg

All clean now :mrgreen:

39d2547f.jpg

Time to chase Frank . . .

c1385ab0.jpg

Seriously? How gorgeous am I? :roll: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

87fbdc55.jpg