~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Sorry I've been MIA. Since Petey's latest bad news, his time is limited, the arrhythmia he is suffering is so severe he will most likely go suddenly. I'm trying my best to spend all my free time with him. He is still feeling good and having a great time.

622719098_2224306916_0.jpg
    you've been good friends to each other...I am very sorry
    thinking of you and Petey :cry: He is most beautiful
    Kraven wrote:
    Just lost my boxer Hammond on Saturday to a 6 month battle with cancer. He was a rescue dog we got in 2006. We think he was about 2 when we got him so he would be about 7.
    One of the sweetest, doofiest dogs I have ever had. May he rest in peace.

Dogs.jpg

That's him on the right, and his sister Hallie on the left. She is also a rescue, and is some sort of Basenji, pit bull mix, but we don't have it narrowed down.
    I'm sorry Kraven, I understand your loss. We lost Maggie Mae to cancer in 2 months time.
    Rest in peace beautiful Hammond and Kraven, the memories you will always have.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    da546b31.jpg

nikta: "enough with the pictures!" ;):lol:
    Enkidu wrote:
    Brian would freak out in the snow.

And he still thinks he's a lap dog.

photo-8-1.jpg

:lol:8-)

although norm isn't as big as brian, he too thinks he's a lap dog...he now climbs on top of me while i'm lying on the couch...apparently i'm a great doggie bed :roll: :lol::lol:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Sorry I've been MIA. Since Petey's latest bad news, his time is limited, the arrhythmia he is suffering is so severe he will most likely go suddenly. I'm trying my best to spend all my free time with him. He is still feeling good and having a great time.

:cry::cry::cry:

a big hug to petey and to you too carol {{{HUGS}}}
    Kraven wrote:
    Just lost my boxer Hammond on Saturday to a 6 month battle with cancer. He was a rescue dog we got in 2006. We think he was about 2 when we got him so he would be about 7.

Dogs.jpg

That's him on the right, and his sister Hallie on the left. She is also a rescue, and is some sort of Basenji, pit bull mix, but we don't have it narrowed down.

:cry::cry:
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Thanks for all the nice replies, it helps a lot, especially that sweet poem. Its weird going from 2 dogs to only 1, house is a lot quieter and I don't think Hallie knows what to do with herself. She has been pretty mopey.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Kraven wrote:

Dogs.jpg

Im sorry for your loss

:(
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    norm wrote:
    da546b31.jpg

nikta: "enough with the pictures!" ;):lol:

:lol::lol::lol: How'd you know what she said? :shock:

The perils of being the only pet in a house with no children, you become the muse of the moment - constantly!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Enkidu wrote:
    Brian would freak out in the snow.

And he still thinks he's a lap dog.

photo-8-1.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE this picture!!! :D Its so funny how the BIG doggies think they are tiny enough for the lap, yet the SMALL doggies think they are large and in charge! :lol: I would look at Surfer like he was CRAZY when he would do that but i loved having him close :D

Rob-Gracie looks soooooooooooooooooo beautiful! And im diggin pics of her on her new palace a.k.a "the sofa" :lol:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    PJaddicted wrote:

I swear, this dude photographs soooooo well! He is a fine lookin boy! :D Spend all the time you need with him, we'll all be here! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

Kraven wrote:

Dogs.jpg

Hammond looks like a good, fun, loving doggie! :D Sorry about your loss. I've added his name to the first post of this thread along with the rest of our doggies now in doggie heaven. Its tough to get through. Eventually you just kinda get used to them being gone but you NEVER forget. I just hadd a little saddness creep up. :cry: I found a picture of my Surfer and was taken back to that moment where the pic was taken and i just wished i could hug him. Feel his hair, touch his wet nose, grab his paw. MAN i miss him. Lotsa good memories, just like you and Hammond. Lets focus on that! :)

• KravenKraven Posts: 829
    hallieonthetable.jpg

Hallie on top of our table on the porch. Guess she just wanted to see the ocean.
    32 shows and counting...
    Kraven wrote:
    hallieonthetable.jpg

Hallie on top of our table on the porch. Guess she just wanted to see the ocean.
    or get that ketchup bottle :lol: love the pic!

she looks like my Lucy...guilty!
    when I catch her thinking about doin something naughty ...
    which is pretty often although she's almost 3 and is getting all grown up.

she's a shepherd pit mix we think

CIMG1329.jpg:D
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY MONTY!!!!

Slide show:

th_11weeks-1.jpg :D
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:

Slide show:

:D that was lovely!!
    Happy Birthday Monty!

I love Monty in the flower bed and the one with Petey napping on the sofa covered up in the blanket
    sweet

awesome...beautiful boys!
  • PJaddicted wrote:

Slide show:

that was awesome!!!
    too many good pics to choose a favorite
    you do have some real photogenic dogs there
    they should be dobey models :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    And earlier in the backyard . . .

da546b31.jpg

This is one crazy - scary - cool lookin dog!!!
    Love those blue eyed dogs :D
    How about this blue eyed dog?

DSC06964.jpg

"You talkin' to me?"
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:

Slide show:

Super pics!
    I wish my dogs would pose that well. Django will but Penny hates cameras.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    My little guy has a vet. appointment tomorrow for his physical, and then next week he's getting fixed, which should have been done when we first got him, but I lost my job the day before that appointment, and he's been peeing everywhere and the vets assistant told me that the only way to stop it, is to get him fixed... my poor baby.... :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJaddicted wrote:

:( :(
    Hang in there <3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haii-1.jpg
    8-)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Found this while poking around:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sight.html

:D :angel:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    RKCNDY wrote:

That's awesome! Mine is nothing but a cone head.. :lol:
    0054833-R1-045-21-1.jpg?t=1299879356
    ~JzP
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    JzP wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That's awesome! Mine is nothing but a cone head.. :lol:
    0054833-R1-045-21-1.jpg?t=1299879356

love that pic! :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    This story has been on the news here this week and I thought it deserved a place in the doggie thread. Warning it is sad though ... the bond between a dog and his handler :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwoRPrT1pk

Theo deserves to be known about.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    norm and his buddy louie waiting to come inside :mrgreen:

DSC03111a.jpg