Options

cornell taking a shot at ed?

13»

Comments

• Options
    so last night i went to the projekt revolution tour stop at jones beach. cornell does a good set, mixing in some of his new songs (which aren't as bad as the little snippet ive previously heard) with the classics. . .so he does "hunger strike" and chester bennington from linkin park comes out to trade verses with him taking ed's spot. . .chester did a good job with it, he's got a pretty good voice. . .at the end of the song when chesters walking off cornell says, and im paraphrasing forget the exact words, "chester bennington!! there's noone i'd rather do that song with!!". . . gee, what about the guy you did the song with originally?

makes sense. chester can't one up him
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    UndieTaker wrote:
    I heard he had to pay for it since no one cares about him anymore to give him free stuff.

He's probably just jealous Ed is selling out all of these solo dates and he can't sell out a T.G.I. Friday's.

"liquor she said .... i used to work at a TGIF in Chicago..." LOL
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    You've gotta make Linkin Park feel good about SOMETHING...they don't have much to begin with...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    So maybe you expect him to say something like "Well, there's no one else to sing with here so I guess I'll sing it with this guy."? Jeez. Not to mention Chris showing up at Santa Barbara in 03.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Pathetic. Everything about that guy since soundgarden dissmembered is pathetic.
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    dcfaithful wrote:
    You've gotta make Linkin Park feel good about SOMETHING...they don't have much to begin with...
    Hehehehehehehehehe!
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I doubt he meant it as a pop at Ed.....

Still, can't believe how low Cornell sinks these days.....Timbaland, Linkin Park, designer jeans......he's starting to make Bon Jovi sound edgy....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    i seen them do this song together on you tube and from i remember chester sang the high notes and did quiet well. me thinks chris may have thought it was nice to sing with someone who can carry those notes besides him and it gives him a break. kinda like he was thinkn 'whew glad i get to sing that low part instead of screaming my ars off ''. not exactly an easy song to have to sing. catch my drift ne body?