Options

cornell taking a shot at ed?

Comments

• Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    They should probably call Timbaland and let him remaster Temple of the Dog with Chester filling in then I guess.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    i think becuase nowadays Chester really is a guy who was highly influecend by grunge (i've known it all along honestly). Besides bitch, chris sang Eds part... read between the lines....lol
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    how is this a shot at Ed?
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    They are singing it as we speak right now
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    What a tool. Its amazing how Ed (pearl jam) stayed nearly the same after all of these years, and Chris completely changed. Hes turned himself into a fashion model/pop singer.

Who the fuck cares? Its his career, let him do what the fuck he wants with it. You guys get so bent out of shape over the dumbest shit.

As for the original post, I wouldn't read into that too much. As has already been said, I think Ed and Chris are pretty close.
  • Options
    BoomerBoomer Posts: 50
    Cornell was on Howard Stern about a year ago (I remember reading about it here) & he called Ed one of his best friends. I doubt he meant anything by it.

Chris had nothing but good things to say about Ed even as Howard was trying to get Chris to say something negative.
    Canada, says Ament, holds a special place in the band's heart because of its international policies and its decision to stay out of the war in Iraq.

25 May 2005
    The Canadian Press
  • Options
    JDfromDEJDfromDE Posts: 60
    i highly doubt it was a shot at Eddie.

he probably said there's no one he'd rather do it with because Chester takes the parts Cornell can't hit anymore after blowing out his voice
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 8/2/07, 6/14/08, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 8/16/08
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    This has to be the worst thread I have read in a longggggggggg time. not necessarily the original post, but the responses and how literal and defensive people are being
    thanks for the clarification, i was just bringing it up cause i went to the show yesterday. . .i like chris cornell, wasnt trying to bash anyone, some people here got carried away with this. wasn't that big a deal
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    Chester likes Pearl Jam, that makes him ok in my book.
  • Options
    WilliedogWilliedog Posts: 43
    I guess the Project Revolution tour was in Philly this past weekend and Cornell was premiering some of his new songs for the first time on the radio....and it made me feel sorry for him. I think most of the songs were produced by Timberland and they sound like bad versions of that One Republic song "apologize".

Its kind of a weird comment but who really cares if they like each other or not. All I care is that Pearl Jam keeps on touring!!!
  • Options
    Cornell was on Howard Stern about a year ago (I remember reading about it here) & he called Ed one of his best friends. I doubt he meant anything by it.

Yes... I heard the same show, he actually, or also said that Eddie was one of the most genuine and real person that he knows. Then Howard was like really? He was a little surprised, he said something to that fact and then CC just reaffirmed his previous statement.

That shit with LP is just a show biz thing. You guys look to much into this shit.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    the amount of retards around here is astonishing. i really don't care for that word but it's really the only word for it.
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    haha

Matt divorced him to jump into bed with Eddie so what do you expect?
  • Options
    . . .so he does "hunger strike" and chester bennington from linkin park comes out to trade verses with him taking ed's spot

Ummm, no.

Chester is singing Chris's part.

Chris is singing Ed's.

Pay closer attention.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    Chris isn't taking a shot at Ed. About a year or so ago, Chris was on Howard Stern (no I don't watch or listen to him) and Stern asked if Eddie Vedder was an ass. Chris said he's one of my best friends, I swear to god he's the most genuine person I know.

Chris is just after a little cash, he knows it's almost over for him and he is gonna bank before it is. No other reason to explain his fall. I had Chris pretty high on my list of artist at one time too.
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    as much as i am very angry at chris right now, i really don't think that was a shot at ed at all...
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    yeah really what do people expect him to say " yeah this song sounds better with ed vedder " :eek:...plus i could care less what Chris does, says, eats,wears,shits,smokes,fucks,watches, .....:)

:)!!!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Well Chris Cornell has lost his fuckin mind obviously. Have you heard his new shit with Timbland? I would rather listen to a recording of Bono taking a shit than to ever hear this Chris Cornell/Timbaland song again.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    Goldfinger>>>>>>>>
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    Ummm, no.

Chester is singing Chris's part.

Chris is singing Ed's.

Pay closer attention.
    right cause THAT was the point. . .take your own advise
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    right cause THAT was the point. . .take your own advise
    To be fair though, there's an interesting idea there: maybe Chris meant there's no one he'd rather have sing his own parts on that song than Chester?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    What a tool. Its amazing how Ed (pearl jam) stayed nearly the same after all of these years, and Chris completely changed. Hes turned himself into a fashion model/pop singer.

You're not serious are you?
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    It's a Linkin Park gig....of course he's going to say nice things about them. Come on guys...
    of course

him and ed are still good friends

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Ewwwwwww
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    anyone want start a petition for the 10C start a Chris Cornell Forum? ;)

... on a side note.... saw his show in Nashville last year... kicked ass....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Soujiro_SetaSoujiro_Seta Posts: 100
    It's a Linkin Park gig....of course he's going to say nice things about them. Come on guys...

Exactly! I mean he's pandering to the crowd. What's he gonna say "This song would have been so much better if Ed were here instead of Chester!"
    But then I kinda see where the hate is coming from. He shouldn't have even said anything. But who cares cut him some slack. I mean his new songs are bad and hes getting enough hate for that. Anyway that's my 2 cents. And for the record even though I hate Cornell's new stuff I'm still a fan and I hate LP.
  • Options
    joewilliejoewillie Posts: 26
    Yeah...I'm sure he was trying to get some of the Linkin Park fans on his side
    8/12/92 Waterloo; 4/6/94 Springfield; 9/28/96 NYC; 9/29/96 NYC;
    5/19/97 Mercury Lounge (Tuatara w/Mike; 6/8/97 Randells Island (Ed & Mike; 9/8/98 East Rutherford; 9/10/98 MSG; 9/11/98 MSG; 8/23/00 Jones Beach; 4/30/03 Nassau; 7/8/03 MSG; 5/31/06 The Avalon; 6/24/08 MSG; 8/5/08 United Palace (Ed); 5/20/10 MSG; 5/21/10 MSG
  • Options
    whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    Damn....why all the Cornell haters? Chris has earned his respect. He can do whatever he pleases if you ask me...which you haven't...but anyways..
    Rock out Chris!
    even if it is with Timbaland
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    whgarrett wrote:
    Damn....why all the Cornell haters? Chris has earned his respect. He can do whatever he pleases if you ask me...which you haven't...but anyways..
    Rock out Chris!
    even if it is with Timbaland

wow! finally some well deserved praise for the man I call "the voice"..

I went to two CC shows last year and they were the best of soundgarden, audioslave, TOTD and solo rolled into one...

nothing "poppy" about the sets... kick ass band...
    anyone who can duplicate the guitar solo on Black Hole Sun earns my respect..

Plus Cornell got his voice back into great shape.. dragged out "Say Hello to Heaven" from TOTD and nailed the vocal live... and then opened up a major can of woop ass with "Slaves and Buldozers" as the closer...

"slaves and friggin bulldozers" people!

if you haven't heard the song, look it up in itunes...

deathmetalgrungeheadbanging rock tune!

Folks, the man performed "jesus christ pose" at an outdoor Easter day concert that was covered by all the popular media...

If that isn't an FU to the mainstream, than nothing is..!

go back to bashing green day for "selling out" you donkeys
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    I love Chris. I think the moral of the story is: Linkin Park sucks.