Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,120
    Team Notes:
    - The Rangers tallied two goals in the third period to defeat the New York Islanders, 3-2, tonight at Nassau Coliseum, in the second game of a back-to-back set.

- The Blueshirts are now 4-7-0 overall (8 pts), including a 4-6-0 mark on the road this season. The Rangers have won two of their last three games.

- The Rangers extended their point streak against the Islanders to 10 games (8-0-2), and have now registered at least one point in 18 of their last 21 games (15-3-3) against their division rival.

- Tonight’s contest was the fourth consecutive meeting, and sixth of the last seven, between the Rangers and Islanders that was decided by one goal.

- The Rangers tallied two goals in four power play opportunities (5:15), and are now 3-12 (25.0%) with the man advantage in the last three games.

- The Rangers’ penalty kill was 3-3 (5:18) in the contest, and is now 32-37 (86.5%) in the last eight games.

- The Blueshirts out-hit the Islanders, 21-15, with 14 skaters registering at least one hit in the contest. The Rangers were also credited with 17 blocked shots, including four players who recorded two or more blocked shots in the contest.

- The Rangers won 34-57 faceoffs (60%) in the game.

Player Notes:
    - Benoit Pouliot notched the game-winning goal with 6:14 remaining in regulation, and registered two shots in 15:55 of ice time. He has now recorded three points (two goals, one assist) in the last three games.

- Ryan McDonagh tallied his first career power play goal, and registered three shots and two blocked shots in a team-high, 23:30 of ice time. His goal tied the score at two goals apiece at 4:59 of the third period. McDonagh has now registered two points (one goal, one assist) in the last three games, and leads all team defensemen in scoring with four points (two goals, two assists) on the season.

- Chris Kreider registered his first career power play goal and three shots in 16:49 of ice time. He has now recorded two points (one goal, one assist) in four games with the Rangers, following his recall from Hartford on Oct. 20.

- Cam Talbot made 22 saves to improve to 2-1-0 overall, including a 2-1-0 mark on the road this season. He has now won each of his last two games, posting a 1.92 goals against average and stopping 54 of 58 shots faced (.931 save percentage) over the span. Talbot has held opponents to two goals in each of his three NHL appearances.

- Derek Stepan tallied two power play assists and won a game-high, 10-16 faceoffs (63%) in 18:45 of ice time. Six of his seven assists this season have been registered with the man advantage.

- Carl Hagelin notched the primary assist on the game-winning goal and logged 17:15 of ice time in his season debut. Hagelin missed the Rangers’ opening 10 games of the season while recovering from off-season shoulder surgery.

- Mats Zuccarello recorded a power play assist and logged 18:32 of ice time. He has now registered two points (one goal, one assist) in the last three games, following his healthy scratch on Oct. 24 at Philadelphia.

- Brad Richards registered a power play assist and won 7-12 faceoffs (58%) in 19:57 of ice time. He leads the team in scoring with nine points (five goals, four assists), and now ranks second on the Rangers with three power play points on the season.

- Michael Del Zotto tallied an assist on the game-winning goal and logged 17:04 of ice time. He has now registered 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in 19 career games against the Islanders.

- Dan Girardi, Marc Staal, and Taylor Pyatt tied for the team-high with three blocked shots apiece. Girardi is now one game shy of his 500th career NHL contest, while Staal is one game shy of his 400th career appearance. Pyatt also registered three hits in the game.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Great to have hags back and this fucken talbot guy can sure play some goalie! Take your time healing hank, as long as this kid plays like this. Not saying replace hank AT ALL! Just take your time to heal, MENTALLY! hahahahaha
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Zucc was a complete menaceto them last night!

And Pouliot is really impressing !

Always nice to beat the brooklyn islanders.

Hard to imagine thats the only game @ Nassau Masoleum this year.
    Now onto Brooklyn and The outside game at Yankee Stadium.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Cally skated today non contact.

Talbot or Henrik tonight?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cally skated today non contact.

Talbot or Henrik tonight?

Hank or he'll cry hahahaha
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    Another shutout Lundqvist
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Team Notes:
    - The Rangers opened their four-game homestand with a 2-0 win tonight against the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden.

- The Blueshirts are now 5-7-0 overall (8 pts), including a 1-1-0 mark at home this season. The Rangers have won three of their last four games, with wins in each of their last two games.

- The Rangers have now out-scored the Sabres, 10-4, in their last two meetings, including an 8-4 win in their final meeting last season on Apr. 19 at Buffalo.

- New York out-shot Buffalo, 46-29, in the contest, including a 38-18 advantage after two periods. The 46 shots on goal mark a season-high for the Rangers, and are the most by the team since Mar. 15, 2011 vs. NY Islanders (47 shots).

- The Rangers tallied one power play goal in three attempts (5:39), and are now 4-15 (26.7%) with the man advantage in the last four games. The Blueshirts’ penalty kill held the Sabres scoreless in one shorthanded situation (2:00) to improve to 23-26 (88.5%) in the last seven games.

- The Blueshirts improved to 3-0-0 when leading after the second period this season, and have now registered at least a point in 95 consecutive regular season games when entering the third with the lead. The Rangers’ last regulation loss in a game when entering the third with the lead was Feb. 4, 2010 (6-5 loss vs. WSH).

- With the win, Head Coach Alain Vigneault moved past Jacques Demers into 28th on the NHL's all-time head coaching points list, earning 950 points in 818 career games coached (427-295-35-61).

Player Notes:
    - Henrik Lundqvist turned aside all 29 shots faced to post his second shutout of the season, and the 47th shutout of his career. He improved to 3-5-0 overall, including a 1-1-0 mark at home this season. Lundqvist has posted a shutout in two of his last four appearances, and is 2-2-0 with a 1.52 goals against average and .938 save percentage over the span.

- Derick Brassard notched a power play goal to open the game’s scoring at 8:28 of the first period, and logged 14:34 of ice time. He has now registered two goals in the last four games, and ranks third on the team in scoring with six points (two goals, four assists) this season.

- Chris Kreider registered a goal and a career-high, six shots on goal in 17:26 of ice time. He has now tallied three points (two goals, one assist) in five games with the Rangers this season, including a goal in each of the last two games.

- Mats Zuccarello tallied an assist and five shots, and was credited with two blocked shots in 17:57 of ice time to earn First Star honors. He has now registered three points (one goal, two assists) in the last four games, following his healthy scratch on Oct. 24 at Philadelphia.

- Michael Del Zotto recorded a power play assist and two shots in a team-high, 22:23 of ice time. He has now tallied an assist in each of the last two games.

- Ryan McDonagh registered an assist and was credited with two blocked shots in 18:46 of ice time. He has now tallied three points (one goal, two assists) in the last four games, including a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).

- J.T. Miller recorded his first point of the season with a power play assist, and registered two shots and two hits in 14:58 of ice time.

- Dan Girardi was credited with a team-high, four hits, in 16:18 of ice time while skating in his 500th career NHL game.

- Marc Staal registered two hits and logged 19:57 of ice time while skating in his 400th career NHL game.

- Derek Stepan led all skaters and tied his career-high with seven shots on goal, and won a game-high, 16-25 faceoffs (64%) in 20:18 of ice time.

Post-Game Quotes:
    - Alain Vigneault on tonight’s game…
    “I think our game has been getting better. It’s been getting better on both sides of the rink, defensively and offensively. We are doing a lot of the things that we have to do to put some good performances together, and that’s what we did tonight. We came out extremely hard and spent a good portion of the first two periods in their end. We had some great chances and their goaltender kept them in [the game].”

- Henrik Lundqvist on the team’s momentum…
    “Ever since we came back, the guys have stepped their game up. We were looking for our game a little bit and we were playing the best teams in the league at the time and we got exposed a little bit, but coming back, we are finding our game more and more and trusting each other more and more and that’s a big thing. We need to continue to improve but it’s looking better and better.”

- Ryan McDonagh on tonight’s game…
    “I think guys are getting pretty confident. There is good chemistry as far as where pucks are going. It’s not a big adjustment; it’s just a matter of making simple plays, not trying to be pretty. We were pretty simple against this team and worked them down low and that’s where we generated offense. I think it was a good example tonight of what we need to continue to do.”
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Heave -ho, 3 in a row !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Henrik is back.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Henrik is back.

Should have been back to back shutouts
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Oh shit, looks like the boys are starting to get "it". Let's keep rolling and put some streaks together. And CK looks awesome.
  • Options
    Zuccarello is a wizard.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Captain Cally is back tonight !

I guess that means Miller will be sent back down.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    the non-calls fucked us tonight.

Fuckin' ducks
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    This is gonna be one of those seasons where they win 2/3 then lose 2/3. Damn, we got soft, and still no Nash!
  • Options
    Oilers scouting the rangers bigtime last night.

Aparently Messier is an adviser to the Oilers now,
    and he knows many of the NYRs well.

Please do not trade kreider or zuccarello.

How about DelZaster ? He looked decent last night !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I'm all up for trading mr softie delZaster! Guys what 24 now and still plays like he's a rookie
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I'm all up for trading mr softie delZaster! Guys what 24 now and still plays like he's a rookie

As Jason pointed out to me today , its not a go0d sign regarding Nash.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    only got to watch the second period last night and it looked like the duck's were just toying with us completely controlling the flow.

whatever rushes the rangers were able to muster were thrown away by a ridiculously horrendous blind pass/passes by richards (off the top of my head i can remember seeing three).

good to get those three wins against a few bottom dwellers, but a little bit back to reality last night... we can't hang with teams of the duck's caliber just yet.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    only got to watch the second period last night and it looked like the duck's were just toying with us completely controlling the flow.

whatever rushes the rangers were able to muster were thrown away by a ridiculously horrendous blind pass/passes by richards (off the top of my head i can remember seeing three).

good to get those three wins against a few bottom dwellers, but a little bit back to reality last night... we can't hang with teams of the duck's caliber just yet.

Agree. But what's crazy is if not now, when? Shit we were in the eastern conf finals a couple years ago. Seems like we're regressing instead of competing every year for the cup. What gives
  • Options
    Just read rangers and oilers mite be discussing a trade involving 2012 First overall pick Nail Yakupov. Hearing maybe girardi and miller mite be in the deal. Let's see where this leads to. :corn: No to girardi but HELL YES including delZaster!
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Just read rangers and oilers mite be discussing a trade involving 2012 First overall pick Nail Yakupov. Hearing maybe girardi and miller mite be in the deal. Let's see where this leads to. :corn: No to girardi but HELL YES including delZaster!

i really hope Girardi is NOT involved at all here.
    The guy is a work horse !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

For sure bathy, dnt want to lose girardi but del can leave and I'll drive him to JFK. Guys a complete disaster. He doesn't belong in nyc
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

For sure bathy, dnt want to lose girardi but del can leave and I'll drive him to JFK. Guys a complete disaster. He doesn't belong in nyc

:lol:

just hop on the van wyck.
    ;)

On a soidenote---anyone going to the game tonight?
    I'll be in the old Felt Forum ( Theatre @ MSG ) for the 'Stand Up For Heroes' event.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    No game for me bathy but you enjoy yourself tonight at the theater buddy!
  • Options
    Team Notes:
    - The Rangers defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins, 5-1, tonight at Madison Square Garden, to conclude their four-game homestand with a 3-1-0 record.

- The Blueshirts are now 7-8-0 overall (14 pts), including a 3-2-0 mark at home this season. The Rangers have won five of their last seven games.

- The Rangers have registered five goals in two of their last three games.

- The Blueshirts have held opponents to two or fewer goals in each of the last eight games, and nine of the last 10. The current streak of eight games is their longest since holding opponents to two or fewer goals in eight straight games from Dec. 31, 2009 at Carolina to Jan. 14, 2010 vs. Ottawa.

- The Rangers’ penalty kill was 5-6 (10:06) in the contest, and is now 32-37 (86.5%) in the last 10 games.

- New York improved to a combined record of 3-2-0 in back-to-back games this season, including a 2-1-0 (1-1-0 at home; 1-0-0 on the road) record in the first game.

- The Blueshirts have registered a point in 97 consecutive regular season games when leading after the second period, dating back to the 2009-10 season, posting a record of 91-0-6 over the span. The Rangers are 5-0-0 when leading after the second period this season.

- With the win, Head Coach Alain Vigneault moved into a tie with Hall of Famer Punch Imlach for 27th place on the NHL’s all-time coaching points list with 954 points in 821 games coached (429-296-35-61).

Player Notes:
    - Henrik Lundqvist made 28 saves and is now 5-6-0 overall, including a 3-2-0 mark at home this season. He has held opponents to two or fewer goals in each of his last five appearances, and six of his last seven contests. Lundqvist is now 4-3-0 with a 1.45 goals against average, .943 save percentage, and two shutouts in his last seven games.

- Brian Boyle registered two points (one goal, one assist), including his first goal of the season, was credited with four hits and two blocked shots, and posted a plus-two rating in 12:29 of ice time. His last multi-point performance was against Pittsburgh, in a 6-1 win on Apr. 3 at Madison Square Garden (two assists).

- Ryan McDonagh opened the game’s scoring at 18:08 of the first period, and registered four shots, two blocked shots, and a team-high 25:02 of ice time. He has now registered four points (two goals, two assists) in the last five games, and five points (two goals, three assists) in the last seven games.

- Derek Stepan notched a goal and logged 19:17 of ice time. He has now tallied six points (four goals, two assists) in the last five games, including four goals in the last three.

- Ryan Callahan tallied a goal, was credited with a game-high, five hits, and two blocked shots in 19:57 of ice time. He has now recorded a point in each of his last four games (four goals, one assist over the span), including two points (one goal, one assist) in two games since returning from injury.

- Brad Richards recorded two assists, posted a plus-two rating, and won 7-10 faceoffs (70%) in 18:52 of ice time. He has tallied four assists in the last five games, including three assists in the last three.

- Derick Brassard notched a goal and posted a plus-two rating in 12:30 of ice time. He has recorded two goals in the last four games.

- Mats Zuccarello registered an assist and three shots in 16:22 of ice time. He has now recorded six assists in the last five games, and seven points (one goal, six assists) in seven games since his healthy scratch on Oct. 24 at Philadelphia.

- Chris Kreider tallied an assist and registered a game-high, five shots on goal in 15:47 of ice time. He has now registered six points (two goals, four assists) in the last five games, with four assists in the last three. Kreider has now registered seven points (two goals, five assists) in eight games following his recall on Oct. 20.

- Carl Hagelin tallied an assist to extend his point streak to three games (two goals, two assists over the span), and posted a plus-two rating in 16:40 of ice time. He has recorded five points (two goals, three assists) in five games since returning from injury.

- Derek Dorsett recorded his first regular season assist as a Ranger, and was credited with three hits in 12:05 of ice time.

- Anton Stralman tallied an assist and a game-high, plus-three rating in 18:29 of ice time.

Post-Game Quotes:
    - Alain Vigneault on tonight’s game…
    “I wouldn’t say they controlled stretches. When they got off their first shift they got a great scoring chance. Crosby, a great player, beat a great defenseman when Staal had moved, but Hank did what he was supposed to: stop the puck. They had three grade A scoring chances and he made three unreal saves, but after that I thought the play was pretty well balanced on both sides. They didn’t get another scoring chance five-on-five and then they made a couple of mistakes and we made them pay. This is a game where when somebody makes mistakes they are going to pay and you’re going to win some games and that’s what happened.”

- Henrik Lundqvist on tonight’s game…
    “It’s a big game for us. We talked about it before the game that we didn’t want to lose two in a row at home. It was important for us to step up and we played against one of the best teams in the league. We did so many good things and I felt like the penalty kill played a huge part too. Their power play is really skilled, but we stepped up and killed them off.”
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    good win
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    good win

Impressive win for the boys last night.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Sick stuff from Hagelin last night.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    Sick stuff from Hagelin last night.

the entire complexion of this team has changed since he has re joined the team!

And Zuccarrello continues to be a tenacious little fucker and throw the opposing team(s) into chaos.
    platessmall.jpg