Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    badbrains wrote:
    About fucken time! Any guesses as to what rangers will be in Brooklyn Friday? I say leechie!

wishful thinking
    but i would guess you'd be more likely
    to see Tavares ,Okposo , Haminek and Straight.

:lol:

Oh how we miss our Pearl Jam at The Garden
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    and this from the Rangers:

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that Ryan Callahan suffered a broken thumb in last night’s 2-0 win at Washington, and will be sidelined three to four weeks.

Callahan has tallied three goals in the last two games. He currently leads the Blueshirts with two power play goals, and ranks second on the team with three goals overall. He also ranks third on the team with 15 hits, and leads all team forwards with eight blocked shots this season. The Rangers’ captain missed the first game of the season while recovering from off-season shoulder surgery.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that Ryan Callahan suffered a broken thumb in last night’s 2-0 win at Washington, and will be sidelined three to four weeks.

Callahan has tallied three goals in the last two games. He currently leads the Blueshirts with two power play goals, and ranks second on the team with three goals overall. He also ranks third on the team with 15 hits, and leads all team forwards with eight blocked shots this season. The Rangers’ captain missed the first game of the season while recovering from off-season shoulder surgery.

Unfuckenreal
  • Options

Ouch.

That hurts.

No Nash and No Cally .
    Its all on Richie and Stepan now.
    These young kids are gonna step up.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    dammit it just occurred to me,

is Cally fragile?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Bathgate66 wrote:

is Cally fragile?

dude plays MUCH bigger than his size. bound to injured every now and again.

3-4 weeks isn't insurmountable. let's just get all of these injuries out of the way early in the season. we have a full 82 this year.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

is Cally fragile?

dude plays MUCH bigger than his size. bound to injured every now and again.

3-4 weeks isn't insurmountable. let's just get all of these injuries out of the way early in the season. we have a full 82 this year.

he's been out every year.
    it just gets old already !

I know he plays much bigger than his size ( Zucc too )
    but maybe he'd better think about
    downshifting it just a bit at the seasons beginning .
    No better person for the 'C' by the way. :)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    humiliated by the worst team in the NHL makes us the worst team in the NHL.

finally see theyre bringing up kreider and mashinter.
    we need something for dam sure.

:fp:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    what....... the............ fuck :evil: :evil: :evil:

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist will miss Thursday's game in Philadelphia because of an unspecified injury. He will not back up during the game, either.

That means that the recently-recalled Cam Talbot will get the first NHL start of his career. The 26-year-old was brought up from the AHL last week after the team waived Martin Biron.

Henrik Lundqvist will miss the Rangers' game against the Flyers on Thursday with a "minor issue," coach Alain Vigneault said.
    Asked about the "minor issue" hampering Lundqvist, coach Alain Vigneault said it has been something the former Vezina Trophy winner has been dealing with for the past 10 days.

However, Vigneault indicated that the injury was not serious and said the team saw this as an opportunity for Lundqvist to get healthy.

"If this would've been a playoff game, he'd probably would have been playing," Vigneault said. "It's something that's day-to-day that we think we can nip it in the bud. It may take a day or maybe two, but it's something he should be able to turn the page on and won't hear about it anymore."

Vigneault confirmed that Lundqvist (2-4-0, 3.45 GAA) has been playing through the injury, which was described as both "nagging" and "irritation", though he downplayed its impact.

Lundqvist recorded his first shutout of the season with a strong performance against the Washington Capitals last Wednesday, but faltered against New Jersey this past weekend. The 31-year-old netminder surrendered four goals in the team's 4-0 loss to New Jersey.

"It wasn't anything significant," Vigneault said. "He played real well in Washington but it acted up again during the [New] Jersey game."

With Lundqvist out, the Rangers will get to see what they have in Talbot, who usurped Biron for the backup position just last week. Jason Missiaen will be recalled to serve as backup goaltender.

"I'm confident he's going to play well," Vigneault said of Talbot. "I'm hoping our guys rally around this young man. ... It's a moment he'll remember for the rest of his life."

Talbot, who played three years of collegiate hockey at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, is 4-0-1 with the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) this season with a goals against average of 2.49 and a .924 save percentage.

"I've been waiting a long time for this, working toward this, so I'll be ready if I get the call," Talbot said Wednesday.

"I'm extremely excited. It's every kid's dream growing up playing hockey, to get a chance to play the NHL. I can't wait until that time comes."
  • Options
    Just ran into Sam Rosen at Newark penn station. He's on his way to Philly and I'm returning from Philly! 8-)
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Just ran into Sam Rosen at Newark penn station. He's on his way to Philly and I'm returning from Philly! 8-)

:thumbup:

edit: he lived on the same block as my roommate in college in new city, NY. my buddy had only the nicest things to say about him.

i wouldn't mind running into sam and shooting the shit with him!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

edit: he lived on the same block as my roommate in college in new city, NY. my buddy had only the nicest things to say about him.

i wouldn't mind running into sam and shooting the shit with him!

Dude, rival, he's a super chill guy. Met him twice and both times he was super cool. Told him they better start winning and we laughed about how torts is missed! :lol:
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    what....... the............ fuck :evil: :evil: :evil:

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist will miss Thursday's game in Philadelphia because of an unspecified injury. He will not back up during the game, either.

That means that the recently-recalled Cam Talbot will get the first NHL start of his career. The 26-year-old was brought up from the AHL last week after the team waived Martin Biron.

Henrik Lundqvist will miss the Rangers' game against the Flyers on Thursday with a "minor issue," coach Alain Vigneault said.
    Asked about the "minor issue" hampering Lundqvist, coach Alain Vigneault said it has been something the former Vezina Trophy winner has been dealing with for the past 10 days.

However, Vigneault indicated that the injury was not serious and said the team saw this as an opportunity for Lundqvist to get healthy.

"If this would've been a playoff game, he'd probably would have been playing," Vigneault said. "It's something that's day-to-day that we think we can nip it in the bud. It may take a day or maybe two, but it's something he should be able to turn the page on and won't hear about it anymore."

Vigneault confirmed that Lundqvist (2-4-0, 3.45 GAA) has been playing through the injury, which was described as both "nagging" and "irritation", though he downplayed its impact.

Lundqvist recorded his first shutout of the season with a strong performance against the Washington Capitals last Wednesday, but faltered against New Jersey this past weekend. The 31-year-old netminder surrendered four goals in the team's 4-0 loss to New Jersey.

"It wasn't anything significant," Vigneault said. "He played real well in Washington but it acted up again during the [New] Jersey game."

With Lundqvist out, the Rangers will get to see what they have in Talbot, who usurped Biron for the backup position just last week. Jason Missiaen will be recalled to serve as backup goaltender.

"I'm confident he's going to play well," Vigneault said of Talbot. "I'm hoping our guys rally around this young man. ... It's a moment he'll remember for the rest of his life."

Talbot, who played three years of collegiate hockey at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, is 4-0-1 with the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) this season with a goals against average of 2.49 and a .924 save percentage.

"I've been waiting a long time for this, working toward this, so I'll be ready if I get the call," Talbot said Wednesday.

"I'm extremely excited. It's every kid's dream growing up playing hockey, to get a chance to play the NHL. I can't wait until that time comes."

just heard on the 20-20 .
    injured since game 2 , with an 'undisclosed' injury.
    It fugures.

So who will be backup if its Talbot in net and noit Henrik on the bench as backup?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    :?
  • Options
    unglued

maybe they shoulda brought back Mess,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Brassard with the winner.

Gotta give a shout out to Talbot too,
    he did excellent in earning his first career "W" .

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Team Notes:
    - The Rangers defeated the Detroit Red Wings, 3-2, in overtime tonight at Joe Louis Arena, to wrap-up their season-opening nine-game road trip.

- The Blueshirts are now 3-6-0 overall (6 pts), including a 3-6-0 mark on the road this season.

- Tonight’s contest was the 11th consecutive meeting between the Rangers and Red Wings that was separated by two or fewer goals, with seven of those games decided by one goal.

- The Rangers’ power play was 1-3 (4:15) in the contest, while the Blueshirts were 3-4 (7:05) on the penalty kill. New York is now 24-28 (85.7%) on the penalty kill in the last six games.

- The Blueshirts out-shot the Red Wings, 40-34, including a 16-8 advantage in the second period.

Player Notes:

- Cam Talbot made 32 saves to earn his first career win in his second NHL appearance, and is now 1-1-0 overall with a 1-1-0 mark on the road this season.

- Derick Brassard notched the game-winning goal with 13 seconds remaining in overtime, registered three shots, and won 9-15 faceoffs (60%) in 14:37 of ice time. The goal was his first of the season, and he has now tallied four points (one goal, three assists) in the last five games.

- Benoit Pouliot registered his first point as a Ranger with a power play goal, and added the lone assist on Derick Brassard’s overtime game-winning goal in 14:39 of ice time.

- Mats Zuccarello tallied the game-tying goal at 2:18 of the third period, and registered three shots and two hits in 10:24 of ice time. The goal was Zuccarello’s first point of the season.

- Brian Boyle recorded a power play assist and three shots, and won a game-high, 13-20 faceoffs (65%) in 18:14 of ice time. He leads the team with a 55.2% faceoff winning percentage (79-143) on the season.

- Ryan McDonagh tallied a power play assist and logged a team-high, 26:52 of ice time. He has registered two assists in the last four games, and now leads all team defensemen in scoring with three points (one goal, two assists) this season.

- Dominic Moore recorded an assist, two shots, and two hits in 12:02 of ice time. The point was his first as a Ranger since Apr. 15, 2006 at Philadelphia (assist).

- Marc Staal registered an assist on Mats Zuccarello’s third period goal, and logged 19:54 of ice time. He is now one point shy of 100 career points.

- Anton Stralman led all Rangers with a career-high, six shots on goal, and logged 20:51 of ice time.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    - Benoit Pouliot registered his first point as a Ranger with a power play goal, and added the lone assist on Derick Brassard’s overtime game-winning goal in 14:39 of ice time.

Best play ( his assist ) of the game.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    In the event celebs are your thing (They're not mine) but nonetheless from the Rangers, the list of people showing up tonight at "blue carpet"

The New York Rangers kick off their first home opener in the newly transformed Madison Square Garden with a star-studded pre-game “Rangers Blue Carpet presented by Chase” (#ChaseBlueCarpet) featuring prominent athletes and celebrities. Scheduled guests include celebrity New York Rangers fans NY Mets Pitcher Matt Harvey, models Anne V., Dominique Piek, Alejandra Cata, Julie Henderson, actors Adam Driver, Alysia Renier, Tom Cavanagh, Man vs. Food Host Adam Richman, U.S. Women’s Olympic Hockey Team Hilary Knight, Julie Chu and Meghan Duggan as well as NY Rangers greats Eddie Giacomin, Rod Gilbert, Adam Graves, Ron Greschner, Stephane Matteau, Pete Stemkowski, Brian Mullen, and Nick Fotiu.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    Seriously. First a bad call on Kreider for interference. And then the guy kicks the goal and it stands
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This teams got no identity. They're just a bad hockey club. I know we've got some injuries but being shut out at opening night. Where's the fucken pride? They have there moments when they play good but that's not good enough in this league. And I'm having this weird feeling that hank is gonna test the waters in free agency. Wouldn't be suprised if he bounces on us to.
  • Options
    The refereeing last night was laughable.
    Take back trhose 2 horrific calls and it couldve been a different ending.
    Throw in just 1 of Cally, Hagelin and it could make a difference.

Someone who should be ashamed of himself is Stepan.
    Holding out of training camp is obviously hurting his game, or is it something else?

Despite the losses I am enjoying watching Pouliot & Fast.

Funny Fasts' nickname on the team is " Quickie" :lol:

Should be good out on Long Island tonight- in what should be one of the final games out there, ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Listless. Lifeless. Hopeless?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    still a ton of hockey left and we will get 100% healthy soon so i am not hitting the panic button yet.

BUT i do agree that this team has no identity. all identity they once had left when tortorella exited.

shit calls last night. how on earth was that second goal allowed AFTER review :?
  • Options
    Is it me or did ulfie look like he knows there time is limited as coaches for this team during the introductions? He wasn't his normal happy look on his face guy. Maybe I'm reading into it to much. Hearing some rumblings that lavolette is waiting for the call. :corn:
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Is it me or did ulfie look like he knows there time is limited as coaches for this team during the introductions? He wasn't his normal happy look on his face guy. Maybe I'm reading into it to much. Hearing some rumblings that lavolette is waiting for the call. :corn:

on TV it sounded like Ulfie was well received.
    I think he's just happy to have a job. ;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Hagelin retruns tonight against the Brooklyn Islanders.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    boy we cannot score
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    boy we cannot score

now we can
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Are we the only team to have 1 home game in the first 11 games?
    I miss igotid88