B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    After the loss last night,
    we are still in 7th.
    We need some scroreboard help tonight.

And when we start saying stuff like that, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    dankind wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we are still in 7th.

And when we start saying stuff like that, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I think we have 1 game in hand on a few of the rivals,
    so our destiny is still in our own hands,
    not any other teams.
    just saying extra cushion would be nice
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we are still in 7th.

I think we have 1 game in hand on a few of the rivals,
    so our destiny is still in our own hands,
    not any other teams.
    just saying extra cushion would be nice

agreed. i just get to the point sometimes when i'd rather not see my team make the playoffs -- either because i get disgusted with their play and don't think that they've earned it or because the stars have aligned in such a way (injuries, slumping, etc.) to pretty much guarantee that they will just embarrass themselves if they make it. i'm not there yet with the shortened-season rangers.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Staal at practice !

532902_147507108761408_1528598987_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dankind wrote:
    agreed. i just get to the point sometimes when i'd rather not see my team make the playoffs -- either because i get disgusted with their play and don't think that they've earned it or because the stars have aligned in such a way (injuries, slumping, etc.) to pretty much guarantee that they will just embarrass themselves if they make it. i'm not there yet with the shortened-season rangers.

your team just has to get in ... you got hank ... which means you're capable of beating any team in the east right now in a 7-game series ... the penguins are strong but fleury is vulnerable mentally and he just may fold like he did last year ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    dankind wrote:

your team just has to get in ... you got hank ... which means you're capable of beating any team in the east right now in a 7-game series ... the penguins are strong but fleury is vulnerable mentally and he just may fold like he did last year ...

from your keyboard to the hockey gods' ears.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Staal at practice !

532902_147507108761408_1528598987_n.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How about you guys win tonight so you can put us out of our misery.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

You mean you're not there yet?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:

Mentally yes..officially, no.
  • Options
    dankind wrote:

Mentally yes..officially, no.

we might be right beside you after tonight.
    isles are surging.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,567
    Man that could have been the save of the season. Still don't know how that got it. I still couldn't see it
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    Team Notes:
    - The Rangers defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs, 3-2, in the shootout tonight at Madison Square Garden, and are now 4-1-1 in their last six games.

- The Blueshirts improved to 20-16-4 (44 pts) overall, including a 13-6-2 mark at home this season.

- New York has now recorded a point in eight of their last 10 home games (7-2-1).

- The Rangers have recorded a point in 12 of their last 15 meetings with the Maple Leafs (10-3-2 over the span), and have out-scored Toronto, 54-31, during the stretch.

- The Blueshirts held the Maple Leafs scoreless in two power play attempts (4:00), and are now 17-18 (94.4%) on the penalty kill in the last six games. New York has now registered a point in 15 of 19 games (13-4-2) when not allowing a power play goal.

- The Blueshirts have registered a point in 88 consecutive games when leading after the second period, dating back to the 2009-10 season, posting a record of 82-0-6 over the span. The Rangers’ last regulation loss in a game when entering the third with the lead was Feb. 4, 2010 (6-5 loss vs. WSH). New York is 12-0-0 when leading after the second period this season.

Player Notes:
    - Henrik Lundqvist made 23 saves through regulation/overtime and stopped all three shots faced in the shootout to improve to 18-14-3 overall, including a 13-6-1 mark at home this season. He has now allowed two or fewer goals in 11 of his last 12 games, posting a record of 7-3-2 with a 1.80 goals against average and .936 save percentage over the span.

- Ryan McDonagh notched a goal, added an assist, registered three shots and three takeaways in 26:37 of ice time. He has now recorded four points (two goals, two assists) in the last six games, including a point in each of the last three home games.

- Carl Hagelin notched a goal and added an assist in 17:03 of ice time. The Rangers improved to 4-0-1 when Hagelin registers two or more points in a contest this season.

- Derek Stepan recorded one assist in 23:58 of ice time to extend his point streak to six games (four goals, five assists over the span). He has now registered 25 points (11 goals, 14 assists) in the last 22 games.

- Derick Brassard registered an assist and logged 17:50 of ice time. He has now tallied seven points (three goals, four assists) in his last seven games, including five points (one goal, four assists) in five games as a Ranger.

- Mats Zuccarello notched the game-deciding goal in the shootout, and was credited with three hits in 17:02 of ice time. He improved to 6-12 (50.0%) in the shootout for his career, including four game-deciding goals.

Post-Game Quotes:
    - John Tortorella on tonight’s game…
    “We played much better defensively and I know they concentrated on it. It’s a hard game, I don’t want to make any excuse for them, but it’s hard coming off that trip and the travel. I’m happy they grinded away and found a way. It’s a good team we were playing, but I’m happy they found a way to get two points.”

- Henrik Lundqvist on tonight’s game…
    “It’s such an important game, so I don’t think it’s that hard to stay focused. But I think the tricky part is when they finally get there, they’re pretty good. They set up guys for good opportunities and they’ve got some guys who can score. That’s the tough challenge, but I thought we played a really strong game and I’m happy we got the two points.”

- Ryan McDonagh on tonight’s game…
    “I don’t think we spent too much time in our zone, at least compared to our last game. We didn’t have the numerous breakdowns but when we did Henrik was there, as he’s been all year. The save he made in overtime was just humongous. I think after that he in himself wanted to make sure we got that second point in the shootout, and he did a great job there as well.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Fucken hank, wow. Unreal and starting to make Worldly saves! 2-3 and sometimes 4 shots on a play. Keep piling up points boys.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Man that could have been the save of the season. Still don't know how that got it. I still couldn't see it

i almost swallowed my tongue on that play. :shock:

many were getting on hank early on (myself included x10) but he put together yet another stellar season, this time completely under the radar. 2.12 GAA / .926 SV%.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Bad news is, Isles lead in R/OWs column now.

Saturday is the biggest game of this shortened season,
    and the irony that its against the cross town rival isles.

Zuccarello has been a constant buzzing ma]chine, even going up against the opponents biggest names/players.
    He should be in every shootout here on out.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Sat, Apr 13 @NY Islanders
    Tue, Apr 16 @Philadelphia
    Thu, Apr 18 vsFlorida
    Fri, Apr 19 @Buffalo
    Sun, Apr 21 vs New Jersey
    Tue, Apr 23 @Florida
    Thu, Apr 25 @Carolina
    Sat, Apr 27 vs New Jersey

some pretty winable games against florida/carolina/buffalo.

and how sweet would it be to put the devils out of their misery!? :twisted:
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

many were getting on hank early on (myself included x10) but he put together yet another stellar season, this time completely under the radar. 2.12 GAA / .926 SV%.

And no shutouts which is unlike him
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

I was ALL OVER HANK with the way he was playen. Looks good, hopefully he can carry us to the promised land.....
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Sat, Apr 13 @NY Islanders
    Tue, Apr 16 @Philadelphia
    Thu, Apr 18 vsFlorida
    Fri, Apr 19 @Buffalo
    Sun, Apr 21 vs New Jersey
    Tue, Apr 23 @Florida
    Thu, Apr 25 @Carolina
    Sat, Apr 27 vs New Jersey

some pretty winable games against florida/carolina/buffalo.

and how sweet would it be to put the devils out of their misery!? :twisted:

yeah i hate to even think it but thats a pretty soft remaining schedule.
    No reason we shoudnt win most of them ,...
    Devils would love to be the Ranger killers despite their own miserable season.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Last couple minutes in reg were nuts...Way to go Zuc!

Been to a few games this year in MSG and the 2 up in Boston....finally getting to take my son this year (the 27th vs Devils) Tickets were crazy $$ but it's for his b'day. I hope the time is announced soon, need to plan trains...LGR!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options

Been to a few games this year in MSG and the 2 up in Boston....finally getting to take my son this year (the 27th vs Devils) Tickets were crazy $$ but it's for his b'day. I hope the time is announced soon, need to plan trains...LGR!

Awesome man! I'll be there as well. Game mite mean a lot.
  • Options
    Boston cant beat the lowly Isles, at home?

WTF ?

I sense a conspiracy ,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    554260_10100163019669350_82997867_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    badbrains wrote:

Awesome man! I'll be there as well. Game mite mean a lot.

yeah, I am almost afraid of how much it may mean...ha...We will be in sec 218 wearing Rangers jerseys :)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    28159_149033785275407_3285079_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Was about to say he finally has a chance for a shutout and they can't score
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    King's 50th career shutout including the playoffs
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    The Rangers defeated the New York Islanders, 1-0, in overtime tonight at Nassau Coliseum, and are now 5-1-1 in their last seven games.

- The Blueshirts improved to 21-16-4 (46 pts) overall, including an 8-10-2 mark on the road this season.

- The Rangers have registered at least one point in 17 of their last 20 games against the Islanders, posting a record of 14-3-3 over the span, dating back to a 5-2 win on Dec. 17, 2009, at Long Island.

- The Blueshirts improved to 3-0 in games decided in overtime this season.

- The last time the Rangers and Islanders skated in a 1-0 game was a Blueshirts’ win on Mar. 17, 2003, at Madison Square Garden. The last time the two teams skated through 60 minutes of scoreless hockey was a 0-0 tie on Dec. 9, 1989, at Long Island.

- The Blueshirts held the Islanders scoreless in two power play attempts (4:00), and are now 19-20 (95.0%) on the penalty kill in the last seven games. New York has now registered a point in 16 of 20 games (14-4-2) when not allowing a power play goal.

- The Rangers were credited with 21 blocked shots, including 13 players who registered at least one blocked shot in the contest.

Player Notes:
    - Henrik Lundqvist turned aside all 29 shots faced to post his first shutout of the season, 44th of his career, to improve to 19-14-3 overall, including a 6-8-2 mark on the road this season. The shutout was Lundqvist’s 50th career total, including six playoff shutouts, tying him with Ed Giacomin as the Rangers’ all-time leader in total shutouts. He has now allowed two or fewer goals in 12 of his last 13 games, posting a record of 8-3-2 with a 1.66 goals against average, .941 save percentage, and one shutout over the span.

- Dan Girardi notched the game-winning goal at 3:11 of overtime, was credited with two blocked shots, and logged a game-high, 29:13 of ice time. The goal was his first career overtime goal.

- Derick Brassard tallied the primary assist on Girardi’s overtime, game-winning goal, was credited with two hits, and won 8-15 faceoffs (53%) in 19:22 of ice time. He has now tallied eight points (three goals, five assists) in his last eight games, including six points (one goal, five assists) in six games as a Ranger.

- Michael Del Zotto recorded an assist and was credited with a game-high, five blocked shots in 26:03 of ice time. He now ranks fifth on the team with 14 assists on the season.

- Brian Boyle was credited with two hits and three blocked shots in 14:50 of ice time.

- John Moore was credited with four hits and logged 7:55 of ice time.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."