Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    lol at no suspension for Nash.

he left his feet, it was from behind, it was to the head.

But 5 games for the Kaleta thing?

I know they look at 'history'.... but the league writes the history when they choose whether or not to suspend people.

The league discipline is a complete joke and obviously skewed toward the bigger markets. I know Ill likely get flamed on a Rangers thread saying that, but thats the way it is.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,585
    badbrains wrote:
    There was an interview with Nash after the devils game where he kind of took a jab at hank. He said something to the effect of,"ya, lately he's been real good."(referring to hanks play) last night they talked to hank and he basically said something to the effect of,"we need to score goals to win games, that's how u win games." Something I picked up on, maybe nothing there.

Don't want to put words in his mouth. But the Rags are scoring less per game than last season. Which I thought was impossible. The reason we got Nash was to help with that. Henrik is still top 7 in GA. I didn't see the game last night but I would guess a lot of our shots were to the goalies chest. We never make the goalie move.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Shanahan on Nash hit / & no suspension

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... --nhl.html

NHL Department of Player Safety chief Brendan Shanahan called Rick Nash of the New York Rangers after Nash’s controversial hit on Tomas Kopecky on Tuesday night.

“It was a rotten hit,” Shanahan said he told Nash.

But not a suspension. "There are lots of hits that we don’t like," he said.

“We don’t like this hit. It absolutely should have been a two [minute minor], and probably should have been a five,” said Shanahan, in a phone interview on Friday.

The no-suspension ruling from the NHL on the Nash hit was that it was an awkward, spinning collision between two players in which the significant majority of the contact from Nash landed not on Kopecky’s head, but the back of his shoulders.

“We don’t see this as being principal point of contact to the head. For a fact, we don’t see much contact to the head at all,” said Shanahan.

“On the Florida feed, when you slow it down, you see Kopecky’s back right shoulder is the initial point of contact. If you slow it down even further, you see the back right shoulder and the nameplate aren’t just the initial point of contact, but the principal point of contact.”

Controversy raged over the hit because the aesthetics were damning for Nash. He left his skates to deliver a high check, and Kopecky’s helmet came crashing to the ice after it.

On the latter point, Shanahan said it was a “whiplash effect” that caused Kopecky’s head to snap and helmet to fall. As for Nash jumping into the hit, Shanahan said far too much attention is paid to that aspect of many checks.

“The commentators have too much of a fascination with ‘did you leave his feet?’ We don’t suspend for leaving your feet. We suspend for leaving your feet and hitting a guy in the head violently,” he said.

“It’s like a slashing minor, a slashing major and a slashing suspension. It’s the same thing as leaving your feet on a hit. When it rises to a suspension is when a player is in control of your hit; when we see a predatorial play and make significant contact with a player’s head.”

While they weren’t primary factors in the decision, Shanahan said that Nash’s clean record for supplemental discipline and the fact that Kopecky wasn’t injured “reinforced” the League’s decision that this wasn’t a suspendable offense.

It wasn’t a hit the League felt should have been delivered, and told Nash as much. But the NHL felt there wasn’t enough contact with the head to warrant a suspension nor did it rise to the level of “predatory” hits that only make some contact with the head.

Thus, Rick Nash skates away from a potential suspension, as a time the New York Rangers couldn’t afford to lose him.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Halpern picked up by Montreal off waivers,
    JT Miller day to day with a wrist injury.

and behold the day,
    Stu Bickel placed on waivers.

Newbury called back up to the big club.

woot woot
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Rangers have 2 scouts at Canucks/Kings tonight
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    heres hoping some team picks up Stu Bickel off waivers
    before the game starts tonight.

Oh and I read Mike Sullivan might be a candidate for Tampa Bay head coach.
    ( They fired Guy Boucher overnight )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    @NYRangers: The #NYR have assigned defenseman Stu Bickel to the @CTWhale
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    579294_4694238839306_1051161661_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    These throwback Capital Uniforms are nice !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    527644_141971209314998_1834889325_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    It's getting harder and harder to cheer for "this" group of rangers. Guys play like they dnt give a shit. And soon all the fans won't give a shit about them too.
  • Options
    Translation: Mats Zuccarello signs deal with Rangers, leaves KHL for North America.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    575663_10151406990074858_1645484056_n.jpg

Rangers arriving in Phillytown .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    LETS GO RANGERS
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,138
    Team Notes:
    - The Rangers defeated the Philadelphia Flyers, 5-2, tonight at Wells Fargo Center, in the first game of a three-game road trip. New York has now recorded a point in four of their last five games (3-1-1).

- The Blueshirts improved to 16-13-3 (35 pts) overall, including a 6-7-1 mark on the road this season.

- The Rangers have won 11 of their last 12 games against the Flyers, dating back to a 7-0 win at MSG on Mar. 6, 2011. The Blueshirts have out-scored the Flyers, 46-20, over the span.

- The Blueshirts have won five of their last six games at Philadelphia, out-scoring the Flyers, 22-13, over the span.

- The Rangers improved to 9-0-0 when leading after the second period this season. New York has now registered a point in 85 consecutive games when leading after the second period, posting a record of 79-0-6 over the span. The Blueshirts’ last regulation loss in a game when entering the third with the lead was Feb. 4, 2010 (6-5 loss vs. WSH).

- The Rangers’ power play was 1-3 (4:56) in the contest, and is now 11-55 (20.0%) in the last 20 games.

- The Blueshirts won 41-66 faceoffs (62%), led by Derek Stepan’s game-high, 14 faceoff wins (14-25, 56%). J.T. Miller also won 10-13 faceoffs (77%) in the contest.

- With the win, Rangers’ Head Coach John Tortorella became the 30th coach in NHL history to record 400 career coaching victories.

Player Notes:
    - Derek Stepan established a career-high with four points, including the game-winning goal and a career high-tying, three assists, won 14-25 faceoffs (56%), and posted a plus-three rating in 20:38 of ice time. He has now tallied a point in 11 of the last 14 games (seven goals, nine assists over the span).

- Rick Nash notched two goals, including his 300th career NHL goal, added an assist on the game-winning goal, tied for the team-high with five shots on goal, was credited with three blocked shots, and posted a plus-three rating in 19:37 of ice time. He has now tallied 21 points (10 goals, 11 assists) in his last 18 games, including five points (three goals, two assists) in the last four games.

- Brad Richards registered two points, including a power play goal and his 800th career NHL point with an assist, and won 7-11 faceoffs (64%) in 15:30 of ice time. He has now tallied three points (one goal, two assists) in the last two games.

- Henrik Lundqvist made 32 saves to improve to 14-12-2 overall, including a 4-6-1 mark on the road this season. It is the seventh time this season he posted 30+ saves in a game (2-4-1, 2.40 GAA, .932 Sv%), and has now held opponents to three goals or fewer in each of his last 13 games (7-5-1, 1.98 GAA, .929 Sv%).

- Chris Kreider registered a goal, four shots, and three hits in 13:00 of ice time. He has now tallied three points (two goals, one assist) in four games against Atlantic Division opponents.

- Michael Del Zotto tallied two assists, including one on the power play, was credited with two hits and three blocked shots, and logged 26:59 of ice time. He has now recorded five points (one goal, four assists) in the last four games.

- Carl Hagelin registered an assist, tied for the team-high with five shots on goal, and posted a plus-three rating in 18:52 of ice time to earn third star honors. The Rangers improved to 10-2-1 when he records a point.

- Dan Girardi tallied an assist, was credited with three hits and two blocked shots, and posted a plus-two rating in 27:32 of ice time. He has now recorded 23 assists in 40 career regular season contests against the Flyers.

- Steve Eminger was credited with a game-high, four blocked shots, and registered three hits in 19:05 of ice time.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    upcoming game summary:

1) can't win for shit in montreal
    2) the JETS have had our number this season
    3) fucked against the penguins
    4) fucked against the penguins

:fp:

let's play for OT points boys... :fp:
  • Options
    Shutout in back to back games.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    @imseanavery: Fire this CLOWN, his players hate him and wont play for his BS.... @imseanavery is #winning

I know it's Sean, but lets be serious here, he's saying what every fan and right now player feels. Sorry torts, but you've lost this team. And trigger happy slats is doing nothing but watching the boat sink ever so slowly in the Hudson.... :fp:
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    @imseanavery: Fire this CLOWN, his players hate him and wont play for his BS.... @imseanavery is #winning

I know it's Sean, but lets be serious here, he's saying what every fan and right now player feels. Sorry torts, but you've lost this team. And trigger happy slats is doing nothing but watching the boat sink ever so slowly in the Hudson.... :fp:

tortorella... turning 40 goal scorers into shot blockers. fitting square pegs into circles.

tank the remaining 15 games, get a high pick, hire ruff in the offseason and start new next year. done.

this team blows. /negativity.

edit: fuck... even invite avery to camp. at least you are guaranteed one guy will skate with heart.
  • Options
    Your Tortarella complaints apply directly to Ruff.

Ruff tries to turn everyone into a miscellaneous 2-way forward. I think Ruff will best serve a team who is financially constrained and depends on building from within.

Laviolette may be the right guy for the job once Philly fires him.

That dude for the Toronto Marlies looks like the real deal too for whoever gives him his 1st NHL job.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:

I've always like Avery. I didn't like that they released him. I felt he could have helped in the playoffs.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I don't see any problem with players being expected to be two players ... Bowman turned yzerman into an effective two way player. Torts didn't just forget how to coach ... Same coach that lead them to the best record in the east last year.

I think it's quite possible the rangers over achieved last year more than anything ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I think it's quite possible the rangers over achieved last year more than anything ...

100% this. this team had zero offense last year, scored a goal or two a playoff game and then hoped lundqvist kept the damange to a minimum. last year's playoff run was fun (2 game 7's), but all points considering, it is pretty amazing they made it to game 6 of the east finals. and the devils weren't a better team, the rangers just flat out ran out of gas because they were spread so thin from the first two rounds. would have been wise to pull the trigger on nash before the deadline...

nice win lastnight though. SILLY short handed goal by callahan :shock:

now back to backs against the penguins. just hoping they get 2 out of 4 possible points.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    rival. wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

100% this. this team had zero offense last year, scored a goal or two a playoff game and then hoped lundqvist kept the damange to a minimum. last year's playoff run was fun (2 game 7's), but all points considering, it is pretty amazing they made it to game 6 of the east finals. and the devils weren't a better team, the rangers just flat out ran out of gas because they were spread so thin from the first two rounds. would have been wise to pull the trigger on nash before the deadline...

now back to backs against the penguins. just hoping they get 2 out of 4 possible points.

Have to agree with your assessment.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I don't see any problem with players being expected to be two players ... Bowman turned yzerman into an effective two way player. Torts didn't just forget how to coach ... Same coach that lead them to the best record in the east last year.

He wants everyone to be Jochen Hecht. He will bench Vanek, but will provide top minutes to Stafford and Hecht. I could see him clashing with Gaborik, Richards and Nash.

He also discourages aggressive/physical play.
  • Options
    rangers could have used jagr on their inept power play.

ah well.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Clowe most likely down to Van, Flyers or Rangers
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    TSNBobMcKenzie: IF all goes as expected, Clowe likely to be NYR. Expected price to be 2nd round pick, 3rd-round pick and conditional 2nd if he re-signs.
  • Options
    TSNBobMcKenzie: As expected, Clowe has waived his NTC to go to NYR. SJ and NYR just to need to finalize but not expected to be a problem.

Good pickup for you guys. Instantly improves your toughness. He can score too, even though he hasnt done so this year.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Lundqvist carried them last year. They're even worse this year offensively
    I miss igotid88