And i really doubt the Laffs will make the playoffs either,
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    The hope is there, Canes are in a slide and Buffalo has some key injuries at the moment. If it wasn't for your 4 or 5 game winning streak... you just might be in sight of the Leafs also :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    BLACK35 wrote:
    The hope is there, Canes are in a slide and Buffalo has some key injuries at the moment. If it wasn't for your 4 or 5 game winning streak... you just might be in sight of the Leafs also :D

anythings possible,

its a tight race

:thumbup:
    platessmall.jpg
    Didnt even realuize Avery was scratched.

Alltho not lighting up the scoresheets, He's been one of the more consistent harder working players in the lineup.
    Maybe Torts should consider sitting Gaborik already,

this guy couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat !
    platessmall.jpg
  • spot on piece by Brooks in the Post about the new Garden - http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/ ... njr0f48wuK

As I've said many times about these new places, who gives a damn, just give me a dog, a beer and a decent product. Personally, I'd only spend big money on a game if I'm out of town, like if I ever went to a Canadiens game, but for now I'm content with it on TV and on the radio.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

As I've said many times about these new places, who gives a damn, just give me a dog, a beer and a decent product. .
    say that to islanders fan and see what response you get :lol::lol:

as always

RAG$ $UCK
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Big controversy with Isles and the officiating from their last game with the Devils . ( Refereee Auger )
    Seems he had a personal vendetta against the Isles and their head coach.

These guys are gonnna be fired up tonight.

Former Ranger draftpick Al Montoya starting in the pipes for Isles, should be a good one .
    I hope the Rangers show up and show a sense of urgency.

At this point the Blueshirts are not-so-comfortably in eighth place, tied -- point-wise -- with Buffalo, but the Sabres have one game in hand. Ninth-place Carolina is four points behind the Rangers with a game in hand on the Blueshirts.

We need regulation wins and Buff/Carolina losses ! Big time !
    platessmall.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    don't ya just know montoya gonna post a shutout tonight :roll: :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Of course he wants to beat his former team,

but I think we're gonna light him up ! Gaborik might even score a goal !
    platessmall.jpg
    I sure hope Avery isnt scratched again tonight,

we need him and his antics right in front of Montoyas face the entire game,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    spot on piece by Brooks in the Post about the new Garden - http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/ ... njr0f48wuK

As I've said many times about these new places, who gives a damn, just give me a dog, a beer and a decent product. Personally, I'd only spend big money on a game if I'm out of town, like if I ever went to a Canadiens game, but for now I'm content with it on TV and on the radio.

yikes. what are the new price brackets for next season?

i cringed when he said the lower bowl will be just as empty as the lower bowl seats at yankee stadium. not a good image at all. especially watching the game on TV as those are the only seats in the camera's view.

it's expensive. i always say $50 for a ranger ticket, can get you about 5 yankee games on stubhub.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

he's been playing well. hopefully they can jump on his early.
    rival. wrote:
    spot on piece by Brooks in the Post about the new Garden - http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/ ... njr0f48wuK

yikes. what are the new price brackets for next season?

i cringed when he said the lower bowl will be just as empty as the lower bowl seats at yankee stadium. not a good image at all. especially watching the game on TV as those are the only seats in the camera's view.

it's expensive. i always say $50 for a ranger ticket, can get you about 5 yankee games on stubhub.

i don't know but my season's are more money for less games( we play in europe next year and have less home games )

i think the rangers got a 23% hike
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    wow

have to concur with the X Man,

the best seat seems to be home on my couch watching on my 56 inch HDTV .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow

have to concur with the X Man,

the best seat seems to be home on my couch watching on my 56 inch HDTV .

it's too bad the Rangers don't do what many other teams do such as setting aside a section for 10 bucks to be sold on gameday. I've done that with Devils' games and the one time I went to a Los Angeles Kings game.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i disagree with xman and bathy. hockey is the greatest sport to watch in person. that cold chill you get when you walk into the arena, the smell of hot dogs and popcorn and whatever else is cooking, that fresh smell of the ice, the feeling you get when you get to your seat and see the players warming up. it's my version of heaven.

metsfan wrote:
    i disagree with xman and bathy. hockey is the greatest sport to watch in person. that cold chill you get when you walk into the arena, the smell of hot dogs and popcorn and whatever else is cooking, that fresh smell of the ice, the feeling you get when you get to your seat and see the players warming up. it's my version of heaven.

agreed :shock: :lol:

but the prices are getting crazy so it makes it tough

but yes its def. better live
    speaken of which....OFF TO MSG.... :roll: :mrgreen:
    metsfan wrote:

didnt mean to say its better on HDTV than it is live

without a doubt

but the dolans are leaving us no choice to make that decision
    with all the money theyre charging ( for mediocrity no less )
    of course neily still goes despite all the $
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

without a doubt

ahhh ok cool

i know personally all to well bout the cost of season tickets. my dad had islanders season tickets for 6 years before the lockout and didn't renew the first season after the lockout cause wang raised the ticket prices for a above average product.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    metsfan wrote:
    hockey is the greatest sport to watch in person. that cold chill you get when you walk into the arena, the smell of hot dogs and popcorn and whatever else is cooking, that fresh smell of the ice, the feeling you get when you get to your seat and see the players warming up. it's my version of heaven.

I agree completely. Nothing like an NHL game.

Ice hockey was pretty much the last sport in the city that hadn't completely succumbed to corporate takeover. Ticket prices at Yankee Stadium are a joke. But I guess the owners need it in this market to survive. In todays market, when you sit in MSG and look at the corporate boxes above the 400's you knew it will only be a matter of time before they changed something.
    in Prust we Trust ! Shorthander baby !

Geez do you think Gaborik will ever score a goal again?
    A breakaway- all by himself - and he still somehow flubbed it .
    platessmall.jpg
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Do you like Gaborik? I'm just curious. I've never really liked him as a player. I know when he first came into the league the guy had what looked like great talent, but to me never really panned out. He is always hurt, I think way over paid for the results you get back from him on the ice. I would never want this guy on my team.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

without a doubt

There's still something special about a live sporting event, especially one that turns out to be among the greatest games in history, but for all the bells and whistles of the new places, you kind of long for the old ones, especially when you see the prices. As much as many complained about the old places for their lack of roominess, their dumpiness, they all had character of some sort and in many ways the influx of new buildings for as nice as they are has taken some of that away.

What always has amazed me is that for all the escalating prices and recession talk in recent years is that leagues, specifically baseball and football are seeing records set in attendance.

And ex-Ranger PA Parenteau just happened to score a weird goal while I was formulating this post..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Bathgate66 wrote:

He got one! About time.
    edited March 2011
    Gaborik misses the easy ones and hits with the more difficult wrist shot using the defenseman as a screen and shooting it right between his legs.
    Go figure.

I personally think this guy is way over rated , overpaid and way too fragile, but thats just my opinion .

And are my eyes playing tricks on me, or does King Henrik have a new helmet, this one actually has glitter on it ? :ugeek:
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Gaborik misses the easy ones and hits with the more difficult wrist shot using the defenseman as a screen and shooting it right between his legs.
    Go figure.

I personally think this guy is way over rated , overpaid and way too fragile, but thats just my opinion .

And are my eyes playing tricks on me, or does King Henrik have a new helmet, this one actually has glitter [ on it ? :ugeek:

You just know Gaborik is one of those players that if you trade him he goes and scores 50 goals with a new team. He's got loads of talent. Injuries a problem. Maybe a confidence problem as well. If we make the playoffs he needs to step up. Maybe he will be judged there.
    2 for Gaborik.
    Now the question is : is this the night he wakes up,
    or does he go another 20 games without a goal ?
    platessmall.jpg

There's still something special about a live sporting event, especially one that turns out to be among the greatest games in history, but for all the bells and whistles of the new places, you kind of long for the old ones, especially when you see the prices. As much as many complained about the old places for their lack of roominess, their dumpiness, they all had character of some sort and in many ways the influx of new buildings for as nice as they are has taken some of that away.

What always has amazed me is that for all the escalating prices and recession talk in recent years is that leagues, specifically baseball and football are seeing records set in attendance.

And ex-Ranger PA Parenteau just happened to score a weird goal while I was formulating this post..
    i for one won't miss that dump on hempstead turnpike and i'm sure most hockey fans would in the metro area would agree with me

man whata lame chant if i've ever heard one from a fanbase that's barely in the playoffs. wonder if neiley started that, just messing neily :P

metsfan wrote:

i for one won't miss that dump on hempstead turnpike and i'm sure most hockey fans would in the metro area would agree with me

man whata lame chant if i've ever heard one from a fanbase that's barely in the playoffs. wonder if neiley started that, just messing neily :P

my chanting days are over ...although i found it quite amusing :lol: