B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    big week....we control our own destiny now...its on us..plus i spent $300 on the 1st round...had to pay for 4 games even thouh their is no chance of 4 home games :roll: ..gotta love dolan
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    big week....we control our own destiny now...its on us..plus i spent $300 on the 1st round...had to pay for 4 games even thouh their is no chance of 4 home games :roll: ..gotta love dolan

that sucks,

well, hopefully, we are hitting on all cylinders right around now
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    double post apologies
    platessmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh Penguins General Manager Ray Shero released the following statement today after the NHL announced Penguins forward Matt Cooke will be suspended for the rest of the regular season (10 games) and the first round of the playoffs:

"The suspension is warranted because that's exactly the kind of hit we're trying to get out of the game. Head shots have no place in hockey. We've told Matt in no uncertain terms that this kind of action on the ice is unacceptable and cannot happen. Head shots must be dealt with severely, and the Pittsburgh Penguins support the NHL in sending this very strong message."
    platessmall.jpg
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    I can't make a citation but I've heard that Mario spoke with Cooke and told him that if he doesn't change the way he plays he's not welcome on the team next year.

However we'll see if Mario actually stops being a hypocrite and follows up his words with actions.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Big Drop wrote:

However we'll see if Mario actually stops being a hypocrite and follows up his words with actions.
    doubt it
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Bathgate66 wrote:
    should be till the finals ( if they make it )
    should be forever

cheap shot artist of a team

• 8181 Posts: 58,276

sucker :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • metsfan wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    should be forever

oh ok. Trevor gillies? better look in the mirror one and only islanders fan.
    metsfan wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    should be forever

oh ok. Trevor gillies? better look in the mirror one and only islanders fan.
    yea cause gillies is repeat offender again and again and again and again and again :roll:

typical pens fans, never criticize their own, always others

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Big Drop wrote:
    I can't make a citation but I've heard that Mario spoke with Cooke and told him that if he doesn't change the way he plays he's not welcome on the team next year.

I am betting he will.
    That statement by the GM can easily be interpreted as 'bye bye Matt Cooke'.
  • jackrabbit slimjackrabbit slim Posts: 560
    edited March 2011
    oh ok. Trevor gillies? better look in the mirror one and only islanders fan.[/quote] yea cause gillies is repeat offender again and again and again and again and again :roll:

typical pens fans, never criticize their own, always others[/quote]

well actually gillies is. What did he last 1 shift after his last suspension?
    and i think Cooke is an idiot by the way. good player, but has a screw loose or something. i've never defended him. That Savard hit Was as bad as the Chara hit to me. Gutless. If they cut him tomorrow i could care less. He'd fit right in on your club.
    anyway, back to the rangers. who is Artem Anisimov and why does he score against the pens every time. He and Callahan kill us every single game.
    Post edited by jackrabbit slim on
  • I'll be at the game tonight on a freebie ticket. don't know where the seat is but needless to say I'm looking forward to it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Have a great time xman.
    should be an easy win for our blueshirts,
    but then again there have been trends that the Rangers indeed lose games they should've won.

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Have a great time xman.
    but then again there have been trends that the Rangers indeed lose games they should've won.

Lets Go Rangers !

I hope so, they never seem to score five goals in games I watch though..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Have a great time xman.

Lets Go Rangers !

well, we dont need 5 every night,
    only need 1 if henrik is at the top of his shutout game

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
    this is a typical nyr trap game....2-1 florida..
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • this is a typical nyr trap game....2-1 florida..

I'll be somewhere in section 201 tonight..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    this is a typical nyr trap game....2-1 florida..

hahaha soo typical of these Black and Blueshirts !

:lol:
    platessmall.jpg
    Had the momentum the first few minutes of the 1st,

then we fizzled out.

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    Second 10th shutout season for the King.
    I miss igotid88
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Have a great time xman.

Lets Go Rangers !

well, we dont need 5 every night,
    only need 1 if henrik is at the top of his shutout game

Lets Go Rangers !

1 was indeed enough for tonight.
    plus, no penalties for Rangers.
    Voukun was definitely frustrating, on top of his game too.
    Then that scurry at the end of the game after Florida pulled Voukun out,
    I was like oh no .

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg

well actually gillies is. What did he last 1 shift after his last suspension?
    and i think Cooke is an idiot by the way. good player, but has a screw loose or something. i've never defended him. That Savard hit Was as bad as the Chara hit to me. Gutless. If they cut him tomorrow i could care less. He'd fit right in on your club.
    anyway, back to the rangers. who is Artem Anisimov and why does he score against the pens every time. He and Callahan kill us every single game.
    gillies belongs in a mma cage the same cage he trains for hockey and is a disgrace for the isles. cally is just the perfect hockey player. i watch rag$ game just cause of his play.

• At the end of the day two points are two points, despite being in Florida's end for most of the first 40 minutes, they kind of sleepwalked through the game. That was a helluva play by Dubinsky on that rebound. As for my seats, section 201 normally is 95, so obviously I wouldn't have gone if I had to pay that much. That section is located to the left side of the net on the seventh avenue and 31st street side, so there are a few blind spots such as the left corners on both ends of the rink. For all my talk about HD-TV, it was nice to get to a game, nicer that it was a free ticket.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    rolling rolling rolling...our vet line has been on fire...(vet line....dubi artie and cally...all under 24 :) )

i love all the youth

lucky tonight...we usually lose this type of game

anyway big 2 points...

henry 10 shutouts!! wow

and yes i thought they were gonna tie it :mrgreen:

henry needs a rest but we just can't do it yet..fucking biron getting hurt after the deadline hurt us...dam

i hope we have whatever seed we get finalized with 2 games left so he can get some time off

(if we get in ) :lol:
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Ranger win + Montreal loss= 6th place up for grabs

Go Rangers!
    F'n Carolina wont go away, or lay down !
    Same for Buffalo !
    platessmall.jpg
    so did you guys see Michael Kay at the game ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IHCp3QH1WI

and

Henrik = Vezina ?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=556971

When it is time to talk about Vezina Trophy candidates and goaltenders who have a convincing case for the Hart Trophy, Boston's Tim Thomas and Nashville's Pekka Rinne dominate the conversation.

Thomas and Rinne have earned the distinction as front-runners for those trophies with their sparkling numbers and stellar play this season. Barring something unforeseen, both likely will be finalists for the Vezina and perhaps one or both will have a crack at the Hart.

But if there is one goaltender who is making an under-the-radar push for Vezina consideration during the season's homestretch, it is Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers.

The two statistics everyone turns to when judging a goaltender are goals-against average and save percentage. Thomas (2.06 goals against average, .937 save percentage) and Rinne (2.07, .930) have been the leaders in those categories for a better part of this season. Lundqvist (2.31, .922) ranks fifth and sixth, respectively, in those categories among goaltenders with at least 50 appearances this season.

Lundqvist, however, has other credentials that make him a dark horse. The three-time Vezina finalist has made 59 starts, three more than Rinne and 11 more than Thomas, and his 32 wins are two more than Thomas and four more than Rinne.

Not only does Lundqvist have more victories, but his 16 victories in one-goal games (and two-goal games with an empty-net goal) are three more than Thomas and Rinne.

Throw in the fact that Lundqvist picked up his League-leading 10th shutout in a 1-0 win against the Florida Panthers on Tuesday night, and it begs the question -- why isn't Lundqvist getting mentioned much as at least a candidate for the Vezina?

"I certainly think he's underappreciated. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves," Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky said. "Ten shutouts is an incredible feat for a season, never mind with a tenth of the season left."

When it comes to goal support the Rangers average 2.81 per game, which is 12th in the League. The Predators score just 2.53 per game; the Bruins are fifth in the NHL at 2.99 per game.

But those numbers are a bit deceiving. On 29 occasions this season, the Rangers have scored two goals or fewer for Lundqvist. Rinne, despite playing for a team that has scored far fewer goals this season, has only had to deal with that lack of support two more times than Lundqvist.

"We haven't scored a lot of goals for him this year," Dubinsky said. "We've had six-goal games, seven-goal games, but the consistent three or four goals every night hasn't been there.

›"He's had to be unreal, unbelievable to keep us where we're at. I don't think he gets enough credit. He's, in my eyes -- and I've shot on all the goalies -- I think he's the best in the League."

As the Rangers battled through injuries to key players all season -- Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahan, Vinny Prospal and Chris Drury have missed 144 games between them and there have been others -- Lundqvist has been the constant keeping the Rangers afloat while everyone was on the mend.

The injury bug inhibiting the Rangers all season hasn't hit Lundqvist personally, but when backup goaltender Martin Biron broke his collarbone on Feb. 28 and was lost for the season, the stretch run fell squarely on the Swedish goalie's shoulders.

The 29-year-old Lundqvist, who hasn't played fewer than 70 games since 2006-07, said before the season the signing of Biron in the summer was great for him because it would keep him fresh for the playoffs. Lundqvist said his massive workload never left him feeling fatigued mentally or physically, but he wondered if it would keep him from being sharp enough to take the Rangers on a deep playoff run.

The way Lundqvist talked after Tuesday's game against the Panthers, which marked his 18th consecutive start, it sounded as though he's in the best condition of his career.

"I feel great. I don't feel tired. I don't think my body has felt this good in a lot of years," said Lundqvist, who is 7-1-0 since March 4 with a .927 save percentage. "I've always had some issues. It's always been something the past seven-eight years -- knees, hips, back. Right now, I'm just happy to go out to practice and nothing is bothering me, knock on wood.

"I'm just happy I feel this good right now."

The Rangers hold a three-point edge on the Buffalo Sabres for seventh place in the Eastern Conference and are six points clear of the ninth-place Carolina Hurricanes. With the inexperienced Chad Johnson unlikely to get a start with the Rangers battling for a playoff spot, Lundqvist could play the Rangers' final 25 games of the regular season.

While Lundqvist is carrying the load, Thomas has a very capable backup in Tuukka Rask easing his burden down the stretch. Rinne is in the same boat as Lundqvist in terms of being virtually on his own down the stretch, but Lundqvist has the edge in durability with Rinne missing 10 games due to knee surgery and a lower-body injury.

Lundqvist might not be the favorite for the Vezina, but a late-season push may at least get him an invitation to attend NHL Awards in Las Vegas this summer.

"It's not getting lost in the room at all amongst the boys, and I think that's what really matters," Rangers forward Ryan Callahan said. "To a man in the room, I think we all know he's the most important guy for us to win games and he's the one who most nights gets us the win. I think the big thing is in here, we know he's our guy and he's having a Vezina-type year."
    platessmall.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    henry 10 shutouts!! wow

10 shutouts and fighting for your playoff lives

0 shutouts and in first.

1st round matchup still coming. actually, that would be a fun matchup
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Fighting for Our lives?

I respectfully disagree in that we control our own destiny
    and our schedule is pretty favorable when you compare it to the competitions schedule(s) .
    Matter of fact , we could likely snag 6th seed and faceoff against the 3rd seed.
    platessmall.jpg