B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    richards is a pussy

if youre going to initiaate a fight, tear off your shield, pussy boy .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    old TME HOCKEY TODAY BOYS
    dubinsky took care of the lightwork there at the 2nd Intermission horn.

I liked Orr on the bench laughing out loud about it all with Coach Renney.

:D

richards is still a pussy,....

and big bad downy picks who of all NYRs to tangle with- ? Tyutin ?
    are you fucking kidding me ?

he must not have liked that hipcheck Toots threw on his sad looking teammate.....
    platessmall.jpg
    knocked them flyboys straight outta first.

valli looking very very good.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Songburst wrote:
    So you're the guy who bought that jersey. I was wondering who that was.

I'm not always in that section

I'm in Sec 103 also 8th row

Unfortunately I was there today
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    dubinsky took care of the lightwork there at the 2nd Intermission horn.

I liked Orr on the bench laughing out loud about it all with Coach Renney.

:D

richards is still a pussy,....

and big bad downy picks who of all NYRs to tangle with- ? Tyutin ?
    are you fucking kidding me ?

he must not have liked that hipcheck Toots threw on his sad looking teammate.....

Tyutin buried Downie first !

Then Downie buried him into the ice ;)

• What's up with the back-up goalie ??

6 Periods of Shutout Hockey against the Flyers !

Can't that kid pull a groin or something

Edit : I saw a dude at the game with this Jersey one...https://www.icejerseys.com/cart/item_details.php?id=6218

I will be ordering one !

What's up with the back-up goalie ??

6 Periods of Shutout Hockey against the Flyers !

Can't that kid pull a groin or something

Edit : I saw a dude at the game with this Jersey one...https://www.icejerseys.com/cart/item_details.php?id=6218

I will be ordering one !

lol get youngblood on the back

NICE GAME !!!
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    I'm not always in that section

I'm in Sec 103 also 8th row

Unfortunately I was there today

It was meant as a lame joke. Downey is horrid and I can't believe somebody bought his jersey is all. I've never been to MSG.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    at least 1 point is better then none.

off till saturday

yikes

chances for our divisional opponents to expire some of those games in hand
    platessmall.jpg
    this is video of the linesman Pat DaPuzo getting sliced by a Flyer skate in the face.

http://www.the700level.com/2008/02/linesman-pat-da.html
    platessmall.jpg
    todays ( very chilly Monday ) NY Post
    SHIFTING GEARS
    RANGERS FACE WEEK OF CHANGE AFTER OT LOSS

By LARRY BROOKS

February 11, 2008 -- WASHINGTON - They're off today, but when the RangersNew York Rangers return to the practice rink tomorrow to open what in essence will be a four-day mini-camp preceding their next match on Saturday, the team will be charged with building off this weekend's work ethic while Tom Renney will work on implementing changes within the current structure.

"I think this weekend gives us reason to believe that we can battle with anybody relatively well when we play within our system," the head coach said following yesterday's 3-2 overtime defeat here to the Capitals. "At the same time, there are adaptations that can be made to help our confidence."

There are adaptations that can be made to improve the power play while contemplating a major deal for a PP quarterback like Tampa Bay's Dan Boyle. The week should allow Renney the time to move Marc StaalMarc Staal onto a point in place of Fedor TyutinFedor Tyutin , who has struggled for much of the last four weeks - not that he has been getting enough aid from curiously flatlining partner Dan Girardi.

The week also will give Renney ample time to consider how to reincorporate Brendan Shanahan into the lineup and what to do with his defense pairings now that Marek Malik is healthy enough to go.

Marcel Hossa, out the last three weeks with back problems, will be ready to return, as well. Renney no doubt will ponder reorganizing the lines yet again by reuniting the big-bodied winger with Jaromir Jagr, who yesterday endured his ninth straight game without a goal (and seventh straight without a point) despite his best efforts.

It also will give the coach the chance to review whether the Blair Betts-Ryan Hollweg-Colton Orr unit should be the team's third line, which is what it has evolved into over the last week, and how to get Scott Gomez more touches.

The Rangers did compete admirably yesterday. They put pucks to the net, at least at even-strength. They battled along the boards and in front of Steve Valiquette, who had another impressive outing in starting back-to-back games for the first time in his NHL career.

Still, they could not pull off the sweep and lost a point in the standings to the Caps. They were 0-for-6 over 12:00 with the man advantage, with problems at both ends of the rink. And they allowed two PPG's while short three times, including Mike Green's four-on-three winner at 00:23 of OT after the defenseman had drawn a Hollweg tripping penalty at 19:26 of the third.

"I thought he went down a little bit easy and that they were looking to call one on us," Hollweg said. "I went out there with good intentions . . . but it's hockey . . . things happen."

If Shanahan and Hossa return, that could affect the status of Petr Prucha, who had played under 10:00 in three of the five previous games before sustaining an early second-period shoulder injury yesterday that knocked him out of the match.

It would likely impact Ryan Callahan, who has gained a spot on the penalty-kill unit and who got 10 shifts double-shifting in the third while Gomez had six turns.

And Hollweg? Should he be on the ice in the last minute of the second period in what was a 2-1 game that the Caps tied at 19:45, and then again in the final minute of regulation in a tie game?

Renney has five days to answer that question, among others.

OVERTIME Capitals 3 Rangers 2

larry.brooks@nypost.com

rangersa.jpg
    CAPPED OFF Jaromir Jagr battles hard against the Capitals' Nicklas Backstrom...

rangersb.jpg
    but has no points (for the seventh straight game) in the Rangers' 3-2 overtime loss, and draws the ridicule of a Washington fans.
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:

rangersb.jpg
    but has no points (for the seventh straight game) in the Rangers' 3-2 overtime loss, and draws the ridicule of a Washington fans.

haha, that's pretty funny. the best was, last year when they were playing a game in philly, jagr scored a goal, and was behind the net getting congratulated by everyone when a kid puts a sign up against the glass that says, "jagr fears mullets."

jagr saw it and chuckled and skated off.

but in all seriousness... as long as the rangers are in the playoff hunt, i can't see them shipping jagr off. he can change his game at the drop of a dime... just a matter of him getting to do so.
  • i know he wrote it on sunday, but nowhere in that article did i get any hint that jagr was going to be moved.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    i know he wrote it on sunday, but nowhere in that article did i get any hint that jagr was going to be moved.

sorry
    thats true

the radio broadcast for last game between the first and the 2nd, they had larry brooks on ,.......he thinks that jagr will be gone by the trade deadline,that sather is waiting for the right deal.
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol get youngblood on the back

NICE GAME !!!

Exactly !

I watched that movie religiously growing up

One of my favorites

• Songburst wrote:
    It was meant as a lame joke. Downey is horrid and I can't believe somebody bought his jersey is all. I've never been to MSG.

Downie is already a cult hero in Philly

I haven't been to MSG either (for a hockey game), I go to the games in Philly - Wachovia Center

, I go to the games in Philly - Wachovia Center

7th Heaven for the NYR
    platessmall.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Downie is already a cult hero in Philly

I haven't been to MSG either (for a hockey game), I go to the games in Philly - Wachovia Center

Makes sense. I thought that you were wearing your Downie jersey to MSG to agitate the New Yorkers. A couple of guys from my office go to Philly to see games every year. They say that it's a pretty cool place to see a game.

As for Downie, he's not that good and he's not that tough so I don't know why he's so liked in Philly. I guess you guys embraced the Rat (Ken Linseman) so if any city would embrace Downie it would be Philly.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Blueshirt Bulletin

maybe it is true,.....
    February 12, 2008
    Jagr Not "Russian" to Leave New York, But May Have to Consider it Anyway
    Jaromir Jagr spoke to Russian reporters after the Rangers played Anaheim at the Garden last week. Although they spoke in English, the interview was translated into Russian for Sport Express. Our friend Laurie translated it back into English, and the result is pretty close to what I overheard while the actual interview took place. Asked about his scoring slump, Jagr said, "There is a certain frustration in my play, and in the team's play. But it's not worth making a tragedy out of it -- all crisis comes to an end sooner or later."

Jagr was asked about playing against a Russian team, Metallurg Magnitigorsk, in the inaugural Victoria Cup next fall as well as going back to playing for his former Russian team, Avangard Omsk, when he retires from the NHL. "To be honest, I'm not sure that by then I will still be playing for the Rangers -- you could see that happening," he said. "I have to thoroughly consider it and reach a decision this summer." But he would enjoy playing in the event if he was still with the Rangers. "Of course I remember," he said of the overtime goal he scored for Omsk against Magnitigorsk to decide a playoff series. "It was a great moment for me, maybe one of the best moments in my career."

He reiterated his promise to return to Avangard someday. "I've thought about it, more than once," he said. "I've said repeatedly that I want to return. And once something is promised, it must be carried out. I never felt anything similar to what it was like in Omsk -- tremendous fans, the support of the governor, and what a team we had! It's not something you forget, and so I very much hope to repeat those feelings." When I heard Jagr say that, I was tempted to ask whether he feels that way about New York these days, having been booed in recent Garden games. Of course, he would have answered diplomatically, and since I'd already grilled him about his inability to finish in a game in which he had a ton of shots, I let him be.

Elsewhere in the news today, the Post discusses Sean Avery, the Daily News and Newsday talk about the Rangers' unusually long five-day break between games, and Rangers Report considers some trade possibilities. Yahoo! Sports has a team report for the Rangers. The News takes a look at Queens native Pat Boller, an assistant coach in Hartford. Bob Crawford has his Wolf Pack weekly review and week ahead at WP.com, and Prospect Park previews Hockey Weekend Across America, coming up this weekend.
    Posted by Dubi on February 12, 2008 at 04:13 PM | Permalink | Comments (3)
    platessmall.jpg
    thank you to carolina and the fishsticks and the lighting for their regulation victories last night
    so it seems the king has gotten a 6 yr contract for 36 million

hopefully the cash will wake him up :)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    so it seems the king has gotten a 6 yr contract for 36 million

hopefully the cash will wake him up :)

amen!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3243637

now, just lock avery into a multiyear deal....!
    Henrik Lundqvist, Rangers strike 6-year deal at around $6.5M per year
    BY JOHN DELLAPINA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 4:00 AM

The Rangers have locked up their franchise goaltender for the foreseeable future.

Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers have agreed upon a contract that will keep the 25-year-old netminder between the Garden's pipes well past his 30th birthday.

While the length and value of the deal - believed to be for six years at more than $6.5 million per - have been set, there is language in the contract that is still being hashed out. So the Rangers are not expected to make a formal announcement until tomorrow at the earliest.

However, when the Rangers return to practice Wednesday morning in Greenburgh, they will do so with their No. 1 goalie armed with peace of mind that has been missing ever since GM Glen Sather and agent Don Meehan began negotiating a new deal after Jan.1, as permitted by the collecting bargaining agreement.

Lundqvist has been playing this season on a one-year contract worth $4.25 million that acted as a bridge that enabled the Rangers to get through a 2007-08 season in which they had little cap room. Were he to have played out the contract and made it to July 1 without a new deal in place, Lundqvist would have become a restricted free agent.

While the Rangers would have been due steep compensation from any rival that signed him, no number of draft picks would equal the value of a young goaltender who already has two Vezina Trophy finalist nominations.

Lundqvist roared out of the gate this season seemingly headed toward a third straight such designation - if not his first Vezina Trophy. But he has stumbled since Dec. 1.

He has insisted that his play has not been affected by the uncertainty regarding his contract and concerns about his father, who underwent surgery for a brain aneurysm in Sweden in mid-December.

SHANNY'S BACK: RW Brendan Shanahan, who has missed the last five games because of injuries to his left knee, hip, groin and lower back, skated yesterday and is expected to return to the lineup when the Rangers resume play Saturday against Buffalo.
    platessmall.jpg
    only 5 games within the c0onference to be played between now and tomorrow- thgen we should be just about all caught up .( or should i say our opponents will be all caught up )

February 14, 2008
    Looks Likes Rangers Will Survive Break
    While the Rangers sit idly by, Buffalo and Boston won their games last night to slip past them into playoff position. Montreal and New Jersey each gained two points, and the worst of it was the three extra points handed out in OT and shootout situations. But the worst of it is over -- there are only five conference games left today and tomorrow, mostly featuring teams at the bottom end of the standings who could help the Rangers with wins. Buffalo doesn't play again until they visit the Garden on Saturday afternoon. The last time the Sabres came in, the Rangers extended their losing streak to ten games (0-5-5). But it ended there -- they are 9-2-2 since, 8-0-2 in their last ten. This time the Rangers will have their work cut out for them.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Your boy talkin smack to the Philly fans

I was at this game

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/jstahl1124/Avery.jpg

Avery was rippin on the dude and his G/F

Your boy talkin smack to the Philly fans

I was at this game

i love that picture, and just now i noticed one of the fans is giving avery the thumbs up.

i love avery's expression.
    one of the fans is giving avery the thumbs up.

i love avery's expression.

yeah , you can boink my girl tonight in exchange for these front row tickets
    platessmall.jpg
    Your boy talkin smack to the Philly fans

I was at this game

LOL GREAT PICTUrE