Options

Just got home. FUCK THIS

13»

Comments

• Options
    Says who? I won't be flyin or driving 800 miles or more to see them with gas and plane tickets JACKED for the summer.

800 miles my @ss, suck it up you mook
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I was thinking that too... because under that idea then they should just stay in Seattle and play ...

Sure, but they don't play here anymore, either. I mean, come on! It's fucking Seattle!
    "Should I tell you my room is walled up? In what way might I leave it? Here is how; Goodwill knows no obstacle. Nothing can stand before a deep desire. All I have to do is imagine a door." -Schultz

Trading stories with the leaves instead
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    800 miles my @ss, suck it up you mook

you live in Mass. enough said...
  • Options
    To all those bitching: maybe if the midwest rocked as hard as the east coast does, they'd play more? Maybe if there were a bunch of well populated cities closer together in the sticks, they'd tour there more often? I don't know.
    I know I didn't bitch with the announcement of EV playing a west coast only tour. Would I have liked to see EV solo? Definitely. All I know is I saw PJ in Hawaii and I don't live there. And I didn't break the bank to do it. So stop your bitching and go. If you can't go, stop your bitching anyway.

By the way, I've heard of legendary shows over the years and most of them have happened in NY, Boston, Chicago, CA, Seattle, Australia and Europe. Haven't heard much talk about legendary shows in Louisville KY, or Antarctica for that matter.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    By the way, I've heard of legendary shows over the years and most of them have happened in NY, Boston, Chicago, CA, Seattle, Australia and Europe. Haven't heard much talk about legendary shows in Louisville KY, or Antarctica for that matter.

Then this begs the question of what makes a legendary show... the band or the crowd?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    the band's already legendary in my book so that leaves...
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Exactly what I was going to say. My wife is from Northern VA (Fairfax) and they don't consider themselves the south. BUT her parents are hillbillies from Southern VA and absolutely consider themselves southern. So somewhere in the middle of Virginia is the cultural divide between north and south. DC is defintely not the south to anyone who has lived or visited there. But if a book says it is, it must be true.

I didn't say if it were true either way. I said I told Kabong that I thought VA was considered the south and he disagreed.(I had no idea you guys decided to split the state up until reading this thread. ;) ) But he is from just outside DC, has no accent and was constantly grinning about mine...so I know he's not used to hearing a southern accent. I also stated that I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he's the one who lived there. Now how did that turn into: 'Abook says DC is the south and that's that' ?? :D

Jeff, you know I ain't gonna take you talkin' sheet you sum beech cuz us hillbillies don't play. ;)

Edit: Ah, I just noticed your space a book not abook. Sorry! :o
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    ThunderclapThunderclap Lexington, KY Posts: 108
    over_bends wrote:
    Then this begs the question of what makes a legendary show... the band or the crowd?

I think the enthusiasm of the crowd can determine how good the show will be. From all of the bootlegs I've got, it always seems to me that the shows not in North America are the better shows because the crowds are so crazy.
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    To all those bitching: maybe if the midwest rocked as hard as the east coast does, they'd play more? Maybe if there were a bunch of well populated cities closer together in the sticks, they'd tour there more often? I don't know.
    I know I didn't bitch with the announcement of EV playing a west coast only tour. Would I have liked to see EV solo? Definitely. All I know is I saw PJ in Hawaii and I don't live there. And I didn't break the bank to do it. So stop your bitching and go. If you can't go, stop your bitching anyway.

actually, i drove to Knoxville KY. to see them in 98 maybe? i live in cincinnati, and it was a fucking great show. in my top 5, and ive seen them quite a few times.

but anyway.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356

That is a completely ridiculous statement. It is nothing more than an opinion you pulled out of your ass that smells like shit. There are so many GREAT shows. To each one's own, which he considers a great show.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    glb wrote:
    That is a completely ridiculous statement. It is nothing more than an opinion you pulled out of your ass that smells like shit.

Ha ha! Did I pull it out of my ass? Yeah, but I'm on a message board. I didn't know I was under oath!
  • Options

Seriously - I went to Hawaii, too...... Do it again in a second. Went to Lolla and got shut out of the Vic Theater - big deal. My dad died last week - that's the shit that matters, not who's a hillbillie and who isn't........ It is what it is.
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    glb wrote:
    That is a completely ridiculous statement. It is nothing more than an opinion you pulled out of your ass that smells like shit. There are so many GREAT shows. To each one's own, which he considers a great show.

Right on. One of my favorite boots from 2003 is actually Lexington KENTUCKY. Not considered legendary, but I liked it. And didn't one of the most "legendary" Pearl Jam shows ever happen in Atlanta in 1994? Where's their show this year? Or in the last 5 years? When did Tampa or Columbia, SC ever have a legendary show?

I guess my point is, they don't necessarily book shows based on where great shows have happened in the past. This tour just seems like it's about logistics and convenience.
  • Options
    Atlanta 94 was sick!
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    i can out pearl jam all of you
    I am questioning my education